Ubisoft Offers a Look at Far Cry 5 Gameplay in its E3 Presentation

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Ubisoft Offers a Look at Far Cry 5 Gameplay in its E3 Presentation

You're going to have plenty of friends to fight alongside you in Far Cry 5.

After getting the internet into an uproar with its cover art, Ubisoft is finally showing off what we can expect to see in Far Cry 5. During its E3 press conference, the company showed off a new gameplay trailer, which focused on how your companions can help you progress through Hope County, Montana.

As you can see, you can find some friends along the way, including a crop dusting pilot with explosives, a badass sniper, and a dog that will bring you guns. You can also invite your friends in for some co-op action.

Far Cry 5 will launch for PC, PS4, and XBox One on February 27, 2018.

[gallery=7507]

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I wonder what the game will look like after Ubi's typical graphical downgrade process.

I still want this game though. The setting is a great choice in my opinion and I think the Far Cry franchise still has some life in it if they can mix up the formula a bit. 3 and 4 were a little too similar.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
JUMBO PALACE said:
IThe setting is a great choice in my opinion and I think the Far Cry franchise still has some life in it if they can mix up the formula a bit. 3 and 4 were a little too similar.
The only Far Cry I've owned and played was Instincts - the franchise has just never appealed to me.

But this is one I'm at least keeping an eye out for and hoping will be good, because the setting and premise is potentially interesting. I gather they're allowing a gender pick and character customisation, too, which is also a plus point.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
This may be the first Far Cry game I buy since the others didn't really grab me, but that might be due to the setting more than anything else.

Plus, there's a doggo that will attack people, steal their guns, and give it to you. Man's best friend, right there.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Guns for hire? I don't want guns for hire! I can handle myself, thank you VERY much.

Unless my friends wanna play co-op, in which case, you know, full steam ahead.

BTW, did anyone notice the Vaas bobblehead in the fourth screenshot?