Ubisoft's Skull & Bones Will Also Include a Story Campaign

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Ubisoft's Skull & Bones Will Also Include a Story Campaign

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1415/1415440.jpgUbisoft says that Skull & Bones will have a narrative campaign as well as the multiplayer we've seen so far.

All of the E3 footage we saw from Ubisoft's new pirate game Skull & Bones [] was focused on the game's multiplayer. We saw teams of pirates facing off against one another in a race to claim the most loot. But Ubisoft says that's not all there is to the game - there's a narrative campaign as well.

In an interview with PC Gamer [http://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-confirms-that-skull-and-bones-will-have-a-single-player-narrative-campaign/], an Ubisoft rep said that the E3 demo, "only showed Loot Hunt, one of our PvP modes in Disputed Waters. We like to say that this is just the tip of the iceberg of what we have to show for Skull & Bones."

The rep went on to say, "[Skull and Bones] will offer a narrative campaign which will be integrated into the game and will not be something aside of the multiplayer experience. In this campaign, players will encounter iconic characters and memorable rival pirates. More details will be shared at a later date."

It's an interesting statement, because the rep said that the campaign wouldn't be "aside of the multiplayer experience." That implies that the campaign might be part of the open world, maybe in a similar vein to how The Division works with its PvE and PvP zones side by side.

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
Well, Ubisoft said the same thing with For Honor, and we all know how that turned out.

I guess we'll wait and see.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
The Real Sandman said:
The game will ship on two discs:

Disc 1 : Multiplayer

Disc 2 : Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
*Disc 2 use requires purchase of Assassin's Creed Origins Legendary Edition pre-order

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
008Zulu said:
ffronw said:
players will encounter iconic characters
So... your basic white guy with brown hair?
Grizzled 30-something with an "I don't care" attitude. And he's got a new hat! See how edgy and risk taking we are?

I'm betting this "narrative" campaign is still MP in essence. And no doubt requires UPLAY to be on all the time.