UEFA Champions League Finals

klown

Jun 6, 2012
UEFA Champion's League is done, with a fantastic game. Results were Bayern Munich 2 Borussia Dortmund 1.

What did you guys think? I thought it was a fantastic game of football. As a Roten, I obviously am very happy with the outcome. The Penalty Kick against Dante probably should have been a yellow, but I really think that Referee knew before hand that this game was going to be very physical and let some things slide to keep the final going.

Robben was on fire tonight as well.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
I thought it was a shit game. The first half was a snooze fest, the second wasn't too bad. Too much fouling and diving from both teams for me to really enjoy the game. Robben was on fire in terms of getting to the ball first when the Dortmund defence was cut open, but he wasn't converting. If he'd have commited himself and got stuck in Subotic wouldn't have cleared it off the line. I was impressed with Bayern's ability to put the ball behind Dortmund's defence, seemingly at will. The media hyped this all german final too much, so it didn't deliver. What's the big deal about all country finals? We see those teams play each other twice a year, I'd rather two teams from differnt leagues every time.

klown

Jun 6, 2012
Total LOLige said:
I thought it was a shit game. The first half was a snooze fest, the second wasn't too bad. Too much fouling and diving from both teams for me to really enjoy the game. Robben was on fire in terms of getting to the ball first when the Dortmund defense was cut open, but he wasn't converting. If he'd have committed himself and got stuck in Subotic wouldn't have cleared it off the line. I was impressed with Bayern's ability to put the ball behind Dortmund's defense, seemingly at will. The media hyped this all German final too much, so it didn't deliver. What's the big deal about all country finals? We see those teams play each other twice a year, I'd rather two teams from different leagues every time.
Besides the fact that it's a rare occurrence, nothing special about two teams from the same league in the final, besides it -can- show that the country is at the top of the game.

I don't agree though that the first half was a snooze fest. I thought it was really exciting. A ton of back and forth, with a half dozen chances all together.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
klown said:
Total LOLige said:
I thought it was a shit game. The first half was a snooze fest, the second wasn't too bad. Too much fouling and diving from both teams for me to really enjoy the game. Robben was on fire in terms of getting to the ball first when the Dortmund defense was cut open, but he wasn't converting. If he'd have committed himself and got stuck in Subotic wouldn't have cleared it off the line. I was impressed with Bayern's ability to put the ball behind Dortmund's defense, seemingly at will. The media hyped this all German final too much, so it didn't deliver. What's the big deal about all country finals? We see those teams play each other twice a year, I'd rather two teams from different leagues every time.
Besides the fact that it's a rare occurrence, nothing special about two teams from the same league in the final, besides it -can- show that the country is at the top of the game.

I don't agree though that the first half was a snooze fest. I thought it was really exciting. A ton of back and forth, with a half dozen chances all together.
Maybe I'm just bitter beacuse I had £5 on it going to penalties, haha.

klown

Jun 6, 2012
Total LOLige said:
Maybe I'm just bitter beacuse I had £5 on it going to penalties, haha.
Haha, I would have had a heart attack if it went to penalties again. Even if we won in Penalties, I'd have died.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I thought it was a pretty good game, even though personally I was hoping Dortmund won (not for any singular reason, I just prefer them to Bayern Munich).

Ribery irritated the hell out of me though. He seemed to be on the deck for half the game, and then when somebody called him on it, telling him to get his arse up, he got pissed off at them. Touch of class from Robben for the goal though.

And Dante should've been off for that clumsy kick. And possibly Lewandowski for a stamp.

All in all though, an enjoyable match to watch as a (mostly) neutral.

Also Reus's hair is terrible, looks like it should be used to plaster wallpaper =P

Now for the Scottish Cup Final tomorrow (well later today technically) and then Championship Play Off Final on Monday =D

klown

Jun 6, 2012
Andy Shandy said:
Also Reus's hair is terrible, looks like it should be used to plaster wallpaper =P
You know, I've been saying this to all my friends. I think Reus is amazing as a player, but his hair is just so goofy. I don't get it myself.

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
klown said:
UEFA Champion's League is done, with a fantastic game. Results were Bayern Munich 2 Borussia Dortmund 1.

What did you guys think? I thought it was a fantastic game of football. As a Roten, I obviously am very happy with the outcome. The Penalty Kick against Dante probably should have been a yellow, but I really think that Referee knew before hand that this game was going to be very physical and let some things slide to keep the final going.

Robben was on fire tonight as well.
If you guys like soccer ball you should consider joining the premier league group
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/chat/Barclays-Premier-League

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
I was hoping for a Dortmund win just because they are about to be culled so I feel this may have been their only chance but it was a good match anyway.

Can't wait for next season :)

Reynaert

Jan 30, 2011
I hope Robben can bring that form to the national team.
Bayern played great the whole season. Dortmund was a worthy finalist but in the end Bayern deserved the Cup with the big ears.

klown

Jun 6, 2012
Reynaert said:
I hope Robben can bring that form to the national team.
Bayern played great the whole season. Dortmund was a worthy finalist but in the end Bayern deserved the Cup with the big ears.
Of course Robben won't bring that form to the National team, its like asking RVP to play well for the National side.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
carlsberg export said:
klown said:
If you guys like soccer ball you should consider joining the premier league group
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/chat/Barclays-Premier-League
Carlsberg it's my job to promote the group!!!
//sarcasm

So yeah if anyone here is interested in the Premier League and want to discuss it, join here :D
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Barclays-Premier-League

On Topic:
The game was good, at least 1 team was pressuring all the time and there were good chanses and overall SAVES.
I think the match was completely the keepers, both played among the best games of their careers I could say, making some very good and important saves.
After the first 30 min the game was pretty much Bayerns thou.

Reynaert

Jan 30, 2011
klown said:
Of course Robben won't bring that form to the National team, its like asking RVP to play well for the National side.
I dunno, maybe the pieces all fall together this time, have some hope. In RVP's case, you can't be that good and continue to fail (although that may be an exaggeration) for the National side, it just ain't ... natural. And if it really doesn't work, there is always the Hunter.

klown

Jun 6, 2012
Reynaert said:
klown said:
I dunno, maybe the pieces all fall together this time, have some hope. In RVP's case, you can't be that good and continue to fail (although that may be an exaggeration) for the National side, it just ain't ... natural. And if it really doesn't work, there is always the Hunter.
If the Netherlands coach would just play a 4 -2- 3- 1 with Huntlaar up top, Sneijder, RVP, Robben as it front three, they'd be a force to be heard. But he doesn't, he only ever puts Huntlaar or RVP.