UFO 50

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Curious as to how long each of these games are on average. Sorry if already pointed out way back wherever. Usually I’d just check the HLTB site but it’s kinda giving mixed signals.

Wondering how everyone here fares.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Attactics
A 1v1 strategy game where blocky soldiers appear and automatically move forward and you can move them up and down. The goal being to over whelm the other side in enough rows to capture more rows first. It's like War (the card game) meets checkers. Simple but cute but would only be fun for me against real humans.
I finally managed to beat the stage that was getting me stuck. Seventh stage is completed and now i'm on stage ten.

Drathnoxis

I love the smell of card games in the morning
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I'm going to write about each game after I've beaten it, so right now I have two to speak of.

Attactics - This game was a lot of fun. The game would be pretty simple and probably kind of boring if it wasn't for the tight time limit on each turn, forcing you to think and make actions as quickly as possible. Simple strategies like making sure your archers are always firing at melee enemies will go far. There's actually quite a bit of depth to the strategy once you unlock all the units as well. It's not always possible to use them in the ways you might want to, like sticking a spearman behind a shieldman, but the key is to be versatile with your strategy. It's nice when everything works out and you get a couple ninjas just when you have a long line of enemies or manage to blow up a suicide bomber and not kill any of your own guys. Ranked was a lot of fun too, so much so I kept playing a bit after getting the cherry and got to rank 130. I'll probably play a bit more still, especially as I've just learned that you can move troops backwards -_-. Might make the game feel less RNG dependent.

Magic Garden - This game sucks. The movement is grid based and that makes it sooo unresponsive, it just feels terrible to play. I swear the game would eat my inputs sometimes make me die halfway into a run. The character sprite being larger than the grid also messed me up a bunch and I'd run into the wall way before I expected to. It's also really clunky because your movement changes slightly when you are killing enemies and you can actually move toward an enemy, kill them without leaving your tile, and then change direction instantly and move onto a different tile. But the timing is pretty exact and I'll do it when I don't want to and not do it when I do half the time. The mechanics are well thought out and would make for a pretty fun game if it wasn't so awkward to control. It took me about 2 hours to get the trophy and another 2 to get the cherry. I was hoping the cherry would be entirely score based, because it's actually really easy to rack up score, and I had the required 20,000 points easy multiple times on losing runs. All you need to do is build up 2 or 3 gold potions on the screen, collect a line of pink guys and then chain the potions together to get a higher multiplyer, drop your buddies anywhere except the star tiles and then murder them. Unfortunately you need to get 20,000 points and win, so it's exactly the same tedium as the last time. Don't ask me why I settled on beating this as my second game, I don't know either.