UK pedo caught by DSi. Confesses to sex (multiple times) with girl (9-11), Gets 3.5 years. Wat.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Matthew94 said:
MammothBlade said:
Matthew94 said:
And that's only page 1.

For such an "enlightened" society you are all shockingly morbid. The guy committed a crime and he will be punished, your medieval style justice helps no one and would most likely make the issue worse.
I don't think I like your idea of "enlightened".

Far from being barbaric or medieval as you call it, a strong justice system is a characteristic of a modern, civilised society. In my view, that means strong, often physical punishments for those who prey upon those weaker than them. Rehabilitation is an afterthought. The victim's rights are paramount.
So what if the person is wrongfully convicted?

Would you be happy to have someone, and I quote "castrated, painfully" because of a wrongful conviction?

Many people are happy with the way justice works right now except when it comes to pedophiles and then everyone marches out with their pitchforks and want to start a lynch mob.

I'm guessing while we are at it we should ring back the iron maiden and various other tools of "punishment".
Read what I said a few posts up. No-one is going to get irreversibly castrated if the evidence doesn't prove their undisputable guilt.

To the contrary, there are plenty of people who demand capital punishment for murder. The system is overall too soft on crimes of a violent and sexual nature.

I think some accommodations should be made. The iron maiden would make a suitable punishment tool for those who maim and torture innocents; a hundred lashes and other light corporal punishment would be suitable for petty thugs.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
MammothBlade said:
Woodsey said:
MammothBlade said:
Woodsey said:
MammothBlade said:
Woodsey said:
Esotera said:
Apparently no-one here has the ability to read secondary sources, because they alone have said that the abuser has borderline learning disabilities, and is getting a whole lot of treatment that goes far beyond 3.5 years.

You don't need to go to jail for hundreds of years to have effective punishment/rehabilitation.
Please, you don't expect people to read, do you? I guess we're lucky people like this fellow aren't the ones making up the rules:

MammothBlade said:
Bloody Hell, this is a complete f**king travesty of justice. He needs to be castrated, painfully.
And we should cut off thieves' hands too, am I right? You know, like a civilised society. Overblown, emotional responses help precisely no one.

Children are taught to react to situations and issues (relative to their age, obviously) better than you just have.

Haha, no. It's a completely different crime. I support forced labour for thieves. They will put their hands to socially beneficial use.

Male sex offenders should be castrated as their corrupted sexuality is the source of their crimes, and their manhood is offensive to their victims.

Rather, provided you're a nice person you're unlucky you don't have people such as I making up the rules, violent criminals and sex offenders would be an endangered species. :D
And what if they're wrongly convicted? Or does your made up, psychopathic justice system also lay claim to a 100% correct conviction rate?
There would be an evidence threshold. In this case, there is more than enough evidence to secure a definite conviction. With less sturdy convictions, reversible chemical castration could be considered. Nothing psychopathic about it.
A leaning towards remorseless violence and bodily harm. That's psychopathic.
No it's not. It is proportionate to the severity of the crime and the potential suffering of the victim. It takes into account that it is unfair to punish someone beyond the extent of their crimes.
Yes, it is. Include your addendum if you wish, it doesn't change the nature of the punishment.

All you're doing is exhibiting a degree of inhumanity and cruelty for which you'd just as quickly denounce someone else for. An advanced society fixes its problems, it doesn't focus on infantile revenge tactics which only serve to exasperate the problem further.

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
Relish in Chaos said:
Again, I pretty much operate by an ?eye for an eye? justice system, so I believe he should be castrated and then raped himself, whether or not by other prisoners. It?d be the most approximate revenge for such a traumatic offence as this, and I don?t care if it ?makes me as bad as them?.
Bit of a lack of understanding what 'eye for an eye' means. Did not see where he castrated the victim. Yours seems to be 'two eyes for an eye'.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Woodsey said:
maddawg IAJI said:
I stopped reading right here. I don't give a fuck what you have to say anymore. I'm not arguing with someone who thinks that a man who actually got a harsher sentence then the national average for his crime should be put the death. You have no grasp of what the purpose of law and punishment is if you think the death sentence is a reasonable punishment.
Doesn't it amaze you that 3-year-old children have a better grasp on seeing the stupidity of the 'eye for an eye' concept, than do people at least 5 times their age?
No Woodsey, it doesn't amaze me. It scares the shit out of me!

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
Seanfall said:
....What happened to the good old days when we use to Hang these mother fuckers?
Here here-bring back capital punishment.

(Added for fear of being told off for having a short post)

Sean Steele

Mar 30, 2010
Risingblade said:
Gerishnakov said:
Yeesh, the amount of calls for castration and execution is pretty disgusting. If you want those kind of sentences for paedophiles there is a place you can go live for that, it's called Iran.
Most people react quite emotionally to these kinds of things, it's not that they really want him to be castrated (mostly) but they are full of rage at the person.
Justice and rage do not make bedfellows.

Dec 14, 2009
Sean Steele said:
Risingblade said:
Gerishnakov said:
Yeesh, the amount of calls for castration and execution is pretty disgusting. If you want those kind of sentences for paedophiles there is a place you can go live for that, it's called Iran.
Most people react quite emotionally to these kinds of things, it's not that they really want him to be castrated (mostly) but they are full of rage at the person.
Indeed.

One of the first things they teach people who are studying for a law degree is impartiality.

Emotions have no place in the law.

The victim and/or their family is the last thing you want getting involved in the courtroom.

Seanfall

May 3, 2011
maddawg IAJI said:
Seanfall said:
maddawg IAJI said:
Seanfall said:
maddawg IAJI said:
BathorysGraveland said:
Isn't 9-11 a little old for it be actual paedophilia?
Its actually in the right age range for pedophilia. Pedophilia is the attraction to children who had not yet gone through puberty.
Seanfall said:
....What happened to the good old days when we use to Hang these mother fuckers?
We kinda grew the fuck up and stopped being barbarians and decided "Ya know, it probably would be a tad hypocritical to fucking hang people over a mental defect." :/
Again explain to me, and give me some cited example of how it is a mental Defect? Cause so far people saying it is doesn't make it so. And rather it is or isn't. Means jack. If it IS, which I don't think it is, that means that no amount of self control can or will fix him, meaning he needs to be separated or put down. This isn't some guy like Rain man or Forrest Gump this is a guy who raped and molested a kid. Big freaking difference.
As a medical diagnosis, pedophilia, or paedophilia, is defined as a psychiatric disorder... [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia#cite_note-dsm4-0]

If you don't like Wikipedia, may I suggest Encylopedia Britannica, which says the exact same thing in the very first line. I don't know who you're talking to, but they're wrong. It is a disorder of the brain.

And again, no! They can not be killed or lose their right to liberty without due process. Its a basic fundamental right that all men and woman have. Even then, just because he suffers from said disorder, its no reason to send him off to a deserted island. There are several people who have been diagnosed with Pedophilia that don't act on the urges, including several celebrities.

Its honestly bad enough that you push for the fucking death sentence, now you wanna deny people civil liabilities?
I know people life with pedophilic urges and don't act on them. BUT HE DID! And Yes I think Pedophiles should get the Death Sentence.
I stopped reading right here. I don't give a fuck what you have to say anymore. I'm not arguing with someone who thinks that a man who actually got a harsher sentence then the national average for his crime should be put the death. You have no grasp of what the purpose of law and punishment is if you think the death sentence is a reasonable punishment.
News Flash: The Death Sentence is used in a lot of states. It's legal. We just need to broaden who can be given it.
Sean Steele said:
Seanfall said:
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Oh for fuck's sake. Yes, it's a pathetically short sentence. But you know what?
MammothBlade said:
Bloody Hell, this is a complete f**king travesty of justice. He needs to be castrated, painfully.
Jedoro said:
Dude needs to suffer more than two "offences of assault by penetration" while he's doing time.
Melanie McGreevey said:
hopefully he has an "accident" while in prison, and his life slowly ebbs from his rotting corpse.
DanteLives said:
Should have chopped his hand off then threw him behind bars.
Seanfall said:

So lets ignore the fact that pedophilia actually isn't the result of demonic possession, it's a psychological malfunction that can probably be "fixed" with enough effort. And even if he HAD done this just because he's a terrible person who likes making others suffer, how exactly does horribly killing him make the world SUCH a better place then if we just toss him in a cell for the rest of his life? Oh, and then there's this:
Esotera said:
Apparently no-one here has the ability to read secondary sources, because they alone have said that the abuser has borderline learning disabilities, and is getting a whole lot of treatment that goes far beyond 3.5 years.

You don't need to go to jail for hundreds of years to have effective punishment/rehabilitation.
Put in bold to get people's attention. Not that it'll help.
You assuming those who posted that give a crap about the abuser. I for one don't. I don't care about 'rehabilitation' I don't care if he was handicapped. I don't care if he gets shanked in prison. I don't care about him period. And as for pedophilia being 'fixed' Where's your source on that? Cause as far as I know there's no cure or fix. I know people who live their life's fighting the urges and don't give in but I have am not now nor was I ever aware of a 'cure' for this. The only cure is a bullet to the head.
Which is why justice is not in your hands, that's revenge, that's the cathartic pleasure you receive in seeing someone you don't like suffer. Justice is not passionate, it is not emotional it is pure and deliberate and methodical. If you wish for revenge go join the dark ages.
So what? people react passonitly to these things. Especially on the internet. Maybe I'm speaking in hyperbole? Maybe I'm venting. Or maybe I do mean it. And if justice is blind then his 'mental defect' shouldn't matter.
Kendarik said:
Seanfall said:
maddawg IAJI said:
BathorysGraveland said:
Its actually in the right age range for pedophilia. Pedophilia is the attraction to children who had not yet gone through puberty.
Seanfall said:
We kinda grew the fuck up and stopped being barbarians and decided "Ya know, it probably would be a tad hypocritical to fucking hang people over a mental defect." :/
Again explain to me, and give me some cited example of how it is a mental Defect? Cause so far people saying it is doesn't make it so. And rather it is or isn't. Means jack. If it IS, which I don't think it is, that means that no amount of self control can or will fix him, meaning he needs to be separated or put down. This isn't some guy like Rain man or Forrest Gump this is a guy who raped and molested a kid. Big freaking difference.
Sorry, I just had a flashback to the 50s and people talking about gays.
I'm not sure who that comment is directed towards. Cause their is a big difference between being gay and being a Pedo. And their was never any proof about Gay people being mentally defected, cause their not. Their just...gay. And I really don't want to read into the sub-context of that. Gay people are more accepted then they used to be cause a lot of people realized that them being gay doesn't mean anything to anyone but them. I have no problems with people being gay and support gay rights. But the sub-context of your statement is that pedo's are just 'misunderstood'?

Edit: Wrote 'may' at one point instead of 'gay' I have no idea what being may would entail.

Sean Steele

Mar 30, 2010
Seanfall said:
maddawg IAJI said:
Seanfall said:
maddawg IAJI said:
Seanfall said:
maddawg IAJI said:
BathorysGraveland said:
Seanfall said:
As a medical diagnosis, pedophilia, or paedophilia, is defined as a psychiatric disorder... [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia#cite_note-dsm4-0]

If you don't like Wikipedia, may I suggest Encylopedia Britannica, which says the exact same thing in the very first line. I don't know who you're talking to, but they're wrong. It is a disorder of the brain.

And again, no! They can not be killed or lose their right to liberty without due process. Its a basic fundamental right that all men and woman have. Even then, just because he suffers from said disorder, its no reason to send him off to a deserted island. There are several people who have been diagnosed with Pedophilia that don't act on the urges, including several celebrities.

Its honestly bad enough that you push for the fucking death sentence, now you wanna deny people civil liabilities?
I know people life with pedophilic urges and don't act on them. BUT HE DID! And Yes I think Pedophiles should get the Death Sentence.
News Flash: The Death Sentence is used in a lot of states. It's legal. We just need to broaden who can be given it.
Sean Steele said:
Seanfall said:
MammothBlade said:
Jedoro said:
Dude needs to suffer more than two "offences of assault by penetration" while he's doing time.
Melanie McGreevey said:
hopefully he has an "accident" while in prison, and his life slowly ebbs from his rotting corpse.
DanteLives said:
Seanfall said:

So lets ignore the fact that pedophilia actually isn't the result of demonic possession, it's a psychological malfunction that can probably be "fixed" with enough effort. And even if he HAD done this just because he's a terrible person who likes making others suffer, how exactly does horribly killing him make the world SUCH a better place then if we just toss him in a cell for the rest of his life? Oh, and then there's this:
Esotera said:

You assuming those who posted that give a crap about the abuser. I for one don't. I don't care about 'rehabilitation' I don't care if he was handicapped. I don't care if he gets shanked in prison. I don't care about him period. And as for pedophilia being 'fixed' Where's your source on that? Cause as far as I know there's no cure or fix. I know people who live their life's fighting the urges and don't give in but I have am not now nor was I ever aware of a 'cure' for this. The only cure is a bullet to the head.
Which is why justice is not in your hands, that's revenge, that's the cathartic pleasure you receive in seeing someone you don't like suffer. Justice is not passionate, it is not emotional it is pure and deliberate and methodical. If you wish for revenge go join the dark ages.
So what? people react passonitly to these things. Especially on the internet. Maybe I'm speaking in hyperbole? Maybe I'm venting. Or maybe I do mean it. And if justice is blind then his 'mental defect' shouldn't matter.
Kendarik said:
Seanfall said:
maddawg IAJI said:
BathorysGraveland said:
Seanfall said:
I'm not sure who that comment is directed towards. Cause their is a big difference between being gay and being a Pedo. And their was never any proof about Gay people being mentally defected, cause their not. Their just...gay. And I really don't want to read into the sub-context of that. Gay people are more accepted then they used to be cause a lot of people realized that them being gay doesn't mean anything to anyone but them. I have no problems with people being gay and support gay rights. But the sub-context of your statement is that pedo's are just 'misunderstood'?

Edit: Wrote 'may' at one point instead of 'gay' I have no idea what being may would entail.
The blind nature of justice is in reference to the station of the accused not of extenuating circumstance. It is supposed to mean that a rich and poor man should receive the same trial and sentence if the same circumstance surrounds them.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
WELL YA SEE BOYS WAT YA DO IS U TAKE UR SHOTGUN AND SHOOT HIS BALLS OFF

DAMN PEDOS IN MY COUNTRY, THEY DONT DESERVE TO LIVE

(Coming from the same people that will rant on about how uncivilized the US is.)

Robert Ewing said:
>>Implies the death penalty doesn't have some merit. Since some of the most advanced and civilized countries to ever exist have it in place.
I guess holding politic prisoners, censoring media and developing nuclear weapons has its merit too. The soviet union was pretty "advanced" in its day.

I'm guessing you haven't thought this through properly.

Sleekit said:
talks pish. not a single country in the EU has the death penalty
Bad idea mate. Now he will start ranting on about the socialist hell hole that is Europe.
Erm, no actually, I was thinking more Japan, China, India, South Korea, America. Not a country that doesn't freaking exist any more...

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
Sean Steele said:
Risingblade said:
Gerishnakov said:
The ones in rage aren't making the law here so yeah

Seanfall

May 3, 2011
Sean Steele said:
Seanfall said:
maddawg IAJI said:
Seanfall said:
maddawg IAJI said:
Seanfall said:
maddawg IAJI said:
BathorysGraveland said:
Seanfall said:

Sean Steele said:
Seanfall said:
MammothBlade said:
Jedoro said:
Melanie McGreevey said:
DanteLives said:
Seanfall said:

Esotera said:

Kendarik said:
Seanfall said:
maddawg IAJI said:
BathorysGraveland said:
Seanfall said:

The blind nature of justice is in reference to the station of the accused not of extenuating circumstance. It is supposed to mean that a rich and poor man should receive the same trial and sentence if the same circumstance surrounds them.
alright fair enough.

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
Substitute Troll said:
BathorysGraveland said:
Lol. What.

I don't know what kind of super-genes you have in your country, but where I live, 9 year old girls generally haven't hit puberty.
Here they do a girl i met who was nine had breasts the size of mango's and had to have injections to delay her puberty.
Poor girl but she was kind of a *****.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
What's far more interesting is how the mother obviously wasn't believing her daughter anything until she saw a DSi picture of a hand... way to go as a parent.

Ddgafd said:
This thread is Wonderland and half the posters are the Queen of Hearts. OFF WITH HIS HEAD!
Cry child molestation and let slip the Jabberwockys of war!

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Robert Ewing said:
Erm, no actually, I was thinking more Japan, China, India, South Korea, America. Not a country that doesn't freaking exist any more...
I'm sure we all secretly wish we were born in China or India.

I mean, deep down, you just know not being able to browse google would be awesome, or how pleasant sweatshops are.
I'm pretty sure I wrote that they were swell places to live. OH WAIT. I never said anything about the standard of life. But as we're on the subject.

South Korea and Japan enjoy some of the best qualities of life in the world. While India and China are terri- oh, quite in the middle actually. The only reason you think so lowly of them is because the west is so pants wettingly terrified of them, not to say they shouldn't be. Problem?

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Seanfall said:
maddawg IAJI said:
Seanfall said:
maddawg IAJI said:
Seanfall said:
maddawg IAJI said:
BathorysGraveland said:
Seanfall said:

News Flash: This happened in the UK, where the death sentence is illegal. Even then, it doesn't even fucking matter because the death sentence doesn't fucking work. It doesn't rehabilitate the detained (How can you when they're dead?) and it doesn't intimidate (States with the death sentence actually have far higher crime rates then most who don't.) Even then, the supreme court ruled you can't give the death sentence for those guilty of rape, which is what this is! Statutory Rape!

Look up Kennedy v. Louisiana and see for yourself.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
tstorm823 said:
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
I thought it was practically impossible to be surrupticious with a DS? The camera sound is stuck on... and is quite obvious! So the bloke was a peado and an idiot!?
Correct, you cannot turn the camera sound off... unless you turn the system sound off. I'm willing to bet she did that.
You sure that workd? Doesn't for my 3DS... turn the sound down on the slider, and it will still play the camera noise! Really irritating if playing Rayman out and about in public, or in quiet placed, as it plays everytime you pass a checkpoint! :S