Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 DLC Plans Revealed

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
The "Ultimate" version is missing $40+ of content (most of which is on-disc)?

The worst. They are simply the worst.

I weep for those that ever got suckered into buying the $80 "Collector's Edition" of the first game which is just an oversized paperweight now.

Negatempest

May 10, 2008
So, 12 new characters($5 a piece, so $60) also Heroes and Heralds mode would cost about $10-$15 as DLC. So the complaints are that people wanted to buy these individually at roughly $70 individually instead of the $40 as a whole. Well obviously Capcom IS ripping us off as customers.

p.s. I do not condone what Capcom has done before as DLC, but this is FAR from the worst.

Negatempest

May 10, 2008
Trishbot said:

I weep for those that ever got suckered into buying the $80 "Collector's Edition" of the first game which is just an oversized paperweight now.
Tis the fate of all fighting games that get updates.

MMO's go through payments.

Sport games nearly stay the same.

FPS play nearly like other FPS but with environment change.

Old versions of fighting games get overshadowed by newer versions.

Tis the cycle of games that you are kinda ignoring.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Negatempest said:
Trishbot said:

Except we are at an age where 1. DLC is a perfectly fine alternative and 2. the things they're charging for DLC used to be FREE.

I own Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate and it comes with over 128 FREE costumes you unlock by PLAYING THE GAME.

Hell, earlier this year, Mortal Kombat came out, stuffed to the gills with content, modes, variety, secrets, and unlockables. Every single character in that game gets at LEAST two costumes (some got more),two color schemes, and then they went ahead and further gave free costume packs to everyone as free DLC.

Capcom, however, charges people for these features. They even charged for COLORS (you know, that thing Street Fighter II had where you just push any different button and your colors changed because it requires almost NO WORK to program that in?)

That's saying nothing of Capcom charging for Versus mode in RE5, on-disc outfits and features of SFIV, friggin' difficulty modes in Mega Man 9 (yeah, you had to PAY for difficulty modes), and them now charging for cheat codes in Dead Rising 2: Off the record.

That is NOT the "cycle of the gaming industry"... and I don't ever WANT it to be.

Negatempest

May 10, 2008
Trishbot said:
Negatempest said:
Trishbot said:

Except we are at an age where 1. DLC is a perfectly fine alternative and 2. the things they're charging for DLC used to be FREE.

I own Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate and it comes with over 128 FREE costumes you unlock by PLAYING THE GAME.

Hell, earlier this year, Mortal Kombat came out, stuffed to the gills with content, modes, variety, secrets, and unlockables. Every single character in that game gets at LEAST two costumes (some got more),two color schemes, and then they went ahead and further gave free costume packs to everyone as free DLC.

Capcom, however, charges people for these features. They even charged for COLORS (you know, that thing Street Fighter II had where you just push any different button and your colors changed because it requires almost NO WORK to program that in?)

That's saying nothing of Capcom charging for Versus mode in RE5, on-disc outfits and features of SFIV, friggin' difficulty modes in Mega Man 9 (yeah, you had to PAY for difficulty modes), and them now charging for cheat codes in Dead Rising 2: Off the record.

That is NOT the "cycle of the gaming industry"... and I don't ever WANT it to be.

Really bringing in Mortal Kombat? A game during it's early years followed the SAME *expletive* that fighting games do now, where sequals/updates are released a year apart? It is no different and considering the *expletive* the series has produced before they REALLY needed to be in the consumers good graces again.
(Don't even get me started on the DLC pay for colors, not costume, they did for SF4) Anything other than the original design getting different colors there is no reason to add more,visually to a fighter, to a fighting game.

Like I said before, what has happening to UMvC3 is the slightest of insult that Capcom has done. Also, cut content is literally NOTHING NEW TO THIS INDUSTRY! I am sorry, but the subject of getting angry over "cut content" is sad...really sad and annoys me the most. Old 8-bit through 16-bit games have had cut content based on budget or time constraints and will never come to existence compared to today. Heck a web series from Gametrailers talks about cut content from Sonic 2 that will never see the light of day. I accept ANYTHING to *expletive* about when it comes to DLC, except for *cut content that should of been on the disk*

Let me put it this way. If you enjoy the game you purchased, regardless of the genre, than you got your moneys worth. If you didn't, that is your own opinion. DLC is a different topic altogether.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Hitman Dread said:
LZeroK said:
A megaman costume? A MEGAMAN COSTUME?
I'm sorry but this feels like a big F*** YOU for me...
But Megaman X would play exactly like Zero does in this game. Having his name on the title screen would change nothing.
You have played MegaMan X, haven't you? or did you only play X-6 (a.k.a. the only one where X wields a sword... and still plays differently than Zero)?

No, this really is a slap in the face. They had an opportunity to get really creative with a character that fans have been demanding since MvC2 and they shot themselves in the foot... again. Seriously, was Armor Change really that difficult to pull off? Thanks for nothing, Capcom.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
I don't plan on picking any of these costumes up... I don't PLAN on it, but I might anyways.

There's a few real gems in there (Cyber-Akuma, Classic Bionic Commando, Elvis MODOK, etc).

Anyways, I'm fine with DLC like this. Only the obsessive fans are going to care about getting the costumes, and everyone else can safely ignore them.

I will say that it's WAAAAY to soon to be revealing them, though. I've never been a fan of day 1 DLC (since I can't think of any reason it shouldn't have been in the game in the first place), and this is nothing more than Capcom trying to wring every penny they can from the fanbase.

...but frankly, at this point, I've come to expect that from Capcom.

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
They're stretching the definition of "Ultimate" and "Value" beyond breaking point here but so long as you can't see these in the character select screen and attempting to choose them pops up a "gimme $4" then I'm fine with it.