Unboxing the New D&D Red Box

TimeLord75

Sep 3, 2009
MisterShine said:
P.P.S. There's only three legit reasons to not like 4th Edition:

1. You spent all that damn time learning what THAC0 meant, and now you're not going to waste that time by learning a new system.

2. You enjoy playing a class that isn't a mage or cleric, and for 20+ levels saying "I hit it with my [insert weapon of choice here]/+1/+2/+3/+4/+5" every single damn round of combat.

3. You can't convert old edition stuff into new edition stuff (this one makes me Q.Q)
You forgot reason #4: I've already played WoW and didn't like it then; why the hell would I dish out ~$100 for three books that would allow me to play a tabletop version?

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
Slycne said:
Croaker42 said:
Cheetos..... really? Don't they know what that orange powder crap will destroy anything of pnp gaming value?

I am all for snacks at the gaming table (and a goodly amount of booze) but WotC should have learned by now that snacks hard candy, jellybeans (of the belly variety) red vines and trucker style caffeine pills...... well perhaps not the pills.

I am happy for this redbox though. PnP gaming is still going strong.
Problem solved and speaking from experience it actually does work quite well.

Hahaha that made my night!
OT: Hey if the cheetos come with it then call me a....no don't call me a player just call me the guy who watched tv the whole time while everyone else plays and i walk over and get some cheetos.

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
Why does the new red box come with a map and cardboard counters? Dungeons & Dragons is not Hero Quest [http://www.cinemassacre.com/2010/04/14/board-james-hero-quest/]. It should stop trying to be.

lvl9000_woot

Oct 30, 2009
rembrandtqeinstein said:
Folio said:
There is a starter set? I want to play some D&D! The only thing I want to know is: Are you allowed to create your own stories and rules as a DM?
-- Worldbuilding is really fun but also a metric assload of work. --
Now that's a lot of ass!

OT: DO WANT!

I haven't realy played it much but I'm sure when I get this, I'll have tons of fun being the DM.

Can't wait!