Uncharted 4 Delayed Two Weeks For "Manufacturing Time"

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Uncharted 4 Delayed Two Weeks For "Manufacturing Time"

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1291/1291439.png
Sony and Naughty Dog have delayed Uncharted 4's release two weeks until May 10th.

It probably wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that Uncharted 4: A Thief's End is the most highly anticipated PS4 exclusive coming out in 2016. The next chapter in Naughty Dog's series of pulp action games, everything gamers have seen of it point to an experience that will build on and exceed what's come before. It's only understandable, in turn, that there would be some disappointment when <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/140072-Naughty-Dogs-Uncharted-4-A-Thiefs-End-Delayed-To-Spring-2016>things like <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/165613-Uncharted-4-Delayed-to-April-2016>release delays rear their ugly head. Sadly, a delay is exactly what we're getting.

According to a recent posting on the US PlayStation Blog, the release of Uncharted 4 is being postponed for another two weeks. "Naughty Dog is wrapping up production on Uncharted 4: A Thief's End with the game on track to go gold and into production later this month," said SCEA President and CEO Shawn Layden. "In an effort to meet the considerable worldwide demand, and to ensure that all gamers worldwide have the opportunity to play the game on day one, we have chosen to postpone the launch of the game by two weeks to allow for extra manufacturing time." This means that the game won't hit retail shelves until May 10th. Layden would go on to acknowledge that the delay is likely "disappointing." He affirmed however, that the end product will be "phenomenal."

I'm going to go ahead and say I'm personally among those gamers who's a tad sad that Uncharted 4 is again being delayed. Uncharted was one of my favorite series on the PS3 and I couldn't be more excited for the series PS4 conclusion. Given Naughty Dog's track record though, I'm willing to believe Layden when he says that the game will be "well worth the wait."
[gallery=5887]
Source: PlayStation Blog

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Oh my goodness, that means Uncharted 4, Doom, and Mirror's Edge 2 are all coming out between weeks of each other.
And I thought the Steam sales were gonna wreck my bank.

DemomanHusband

Sep 17, 2014
Extra-Ordinary said:
Oh my goodness, that means Uncharted 4, Doom, and Mirror's Edge 2 are all coming out between weeks of each other.
And I thought the Steam sales were gonna wreck my bank.
I'm honestly surprised anybody is getting Doom at all, considering how lackluster the gameplay looks. What with Mirror Edge Ca2lyst's constant design changes and overall DmC level changes to how the story was going to work (Sequel? Prequel? Re-imagining of the first game? I'm not even sure anymore) Uncharted 4 looks to be the only worthwhile game to get of the three, and with all these delays, I'm beginning to wonder.

Well, at least all three will be better than Mighty Number Never Releasing?!

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
It takes them 2 weeks to remove one stolen image?

But jokes asside, this seems to be the standard way of games nowadays isnt it. announce release day, delay couple weeks. almost every big game seems to do this. Also yay more fake promo material (almost everything used for promo material in Uncharted series in the past was altered to look better than it actually looks in the game. These images seems to be as well.)

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
DemomanHusband said:
I'm honestly surprised anybody is getting Doom at all, considering how lackluster the gameplay looks. What with Mirror Edge Ca2lyst's constant design changes and overall DmC level changes to how the story was going to work (Sequel? Prequel? Re-imagining of the first game? I'm not even sure anymore) Uncharted 4 looks to be the only worthwhile game to get of the three, and with all these delays, I'm beginning to wonder.

Well, call me an anomaly, call me a sucker, call me late for dinner, I don't care, I think they look AWESOME.

I like how you trademarked "Mighty Number Never Releasing", that's funny.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I don't mind this. I love the Uncharted games, but I remember feeling Uncharted 3 needed a little bit more polish here and there. And it seemed that it was released a little earlier than it should. And KOTOR2 is infamous for being incomplete when it was released. So I never complain that a game gets delayed slightly. If that means that it will be more polished and less glitchy I'm okay with it.

Besides, this lets me pay off my Collector's Edition before it comes out. Yes, I preordered, but I've also been paying ten dollars a week so that it doesn't hurt nearly as much to buy. I always do this when a game I know I want comes out.

DemomanHusband

Sep 17, 2014
Extra-Ordinary said:
DemomanHusband said:

Well, call me an anomaly, call me a sucker, call me late for dinner, I don't care, I think they look AWESOME.

I like how you trademarked "Mighty Number Never Releasing", that's funny.
Oh believe me, I understand. I like New Doom's aesthetic, the gameplay just relies too much on canned kill animations for my taste. Mirror's Edge will hopefully still be Mirror's Edge, but the recent trailer where Faith insists that she 'isn't broken' has got me worried about the story. Faith was cool, man!

And hey, I've got millions of goofy titles in my mind. Mortal Kombat X Zone?: Featuring Leatherface? from the Leatherface May Scream Series?! Mirror's Edge: Catalyst to Bankruptcy?!