Uncharted Almost Wasn't Allowed To Be Called Uncharted

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
And we see why executives and other leeches should stay far away from any and all game development until it concerns the budget. "This name will not sell good because it means something in a country" Seriously? When did stupid names prevent people from buying games?

Final Fantasy didn't get roving bands of protesting gamers when the second game was released. "They said the first one would be the final Fantasy!" They only got those after they started sucking hard.

mindfaQ

Dec 6, 2013
mechalynx said:
I must say, I have no idea what you mean.
Read the posts again then, then you should understand...
You said that this news shows that guys far away from the core-devs should not mess with things they don't know anything about. I said that there is no hint at worse success in case the business men established a different name for the series as long as it wouldn't have been a stupid one. Being totally closed ears against anyone who is not on the dev-team is btw. not a good approach for creating games. Most feedback can be converted into something good, although I agree that devs should have the last word in the end when it is about game's design.