Uncivil War: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Knife Fight!

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Saxnot said:
Once again the moral victory goes to yahtzee. just pause the video every time Jim makes a kill. yahtzeecam will show jim still being like 3 meters away, while jimvision will show him already knifing yahtzee right up in his face. yahtzee had way more lag than Jim. Easy to win that way.

Damn you Jim, why you always gotta cheat like that?
Hard to tell from the low res version of the video, but I'm pretty sure both of their pings are sitting at 999. Maybe Jim's is actually higher, but that's basically unplayably high either way. I'd just chalk it up to COD4 being a bit lax with the apparent knife distances. It always looked a lot closer in first person than watching people get knifed or being knifed yourself tended to.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Dr. Crawver said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Dr. Crawver said:
Got to say I still don't like the intro music
Yeah, it's pretty shite.
Jesus...I was not expecting a reply from you of all people.

I've always been a fan of your music, personal favourite being crucible. Just with this one it felt rushed. Not least because you rhymed war with war.
War
Floor
For
War

Technically, I rhymed it with 'floor' and 'for'.

But if you abhor the chore of hearing these four, I'm not sore, for internet comments are a bore - fussy galore whose rapore I oft choose to ignore

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Dr. Crawver said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Dr. Crawver said:
Yeah, it's pretty shite.

I've always been a fan of your music, personal favourite being crucible. Just with this one it felt rushed. Not least because you rhymed war with war.
War
Floor
For
War

But if you abhor the chore of hearing these four, I'm not sore, for internet comments are a bore - fussy galore whose rapore I oft choose to ignore
I know you pretty much told me to fuck off, but I still laughed and enjoyed the comment. Thank you.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Dr. Crawver said:
Yeah, it's pretty shite.
Don't listen to them, Gavin; I like the theme song! I only wish it was longer.

OT: Best bit was the "samurai sword fight" moment that had them both miss with their magic 1-hit kill knives. I was expecting throwing knives from across the map, but that shows what I know about CoD. This is just the comedic pick-me-up I needed after the shitstorm that brewed in MovieBob's column today.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Jim: "Tora tora tora"

Jesus. now i remmebered old Sega game of the same title and want to play it again :( Thing is, its a non-pausible 8 hour constant shooter.... that i used to finnish quite a few times.

I dont have 8 hours damnit!

Also swordfigting reminded me of Chivalry. you really should do a Chivalry battle.

Bke

May 13, 2013
Grape_Nuts said:
Worms Reloaded, sudden death mode.

It's turn based, so latency shouldn't matter that much.
Actually that sounds like it could make a fun and long enough video. Except they need to be restricted to baseball bats or whatever melee is used in worms reloaded (I cant recall) using the destructive weapons only to make holes in the terrain.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I daresay that was the most classy Call of Duty video I've ever seen. Now how about going back to World War II? Or World War I, that one doesn't get enough appreciation.

gridsleep

Sep 27, 2008
My god, they actually have a war game which has infantry supporting mechanized armor? Some actual goddamned realism? I don't know whether to shit or wind my watch. Guess I'll shit on my watch.

At the very end, Yahtzee started to sound uncomfortably like Dexter's nemesis Mandark. Do Jim and Ben actually enjoy doing this? Or is it like two old hacks who have to go out to some sponsorship event at a theme park they both hate because the editor told them the publisher says it has to happen or else?

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
Dr. Crawver said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Dr. Crawver said:
Yeah, it's pretty shite.

War
Floor
For
War

For what it's worth, I (another faceless forum user) think that the Civil War is very good and fits the content of the videos. I also like your music in general.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
Jim's kill after the he won was pretty funny/MLGpro.
Someone suggested Nidhogg (good call) so may I suggest Samurai Gunn?

Entertaining episode.

ThatDarnCoyote

Dec 3, 2011
Evonisia said:
If only this was Black Ops II, then on top of the lag compensation, the knife wouldn't hit anyway. Or World at War and have bayonet fights. Oh well, neither of those games have a few seconds of CoD 4's soundtrack seeping in through the music like metaphorical honey to the ear.

Glad to see Jim hide his opinion on the CoD games to appease us.
Yeah, this video made me miss CoD4 so much. Good times.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Doom972 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Dr. Crawver said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Dr. Crawver said:
Yeah, it's pretty shite.

War
Floor
For
War

For what it's worth, I (another faceless forum user) think that the Civil War is very good and fits the content of the videos. I also like your music in general.
Glad to hear it :)

Current Future

Aug 19, 2013
I'd love to see them play Mass Effect 3 MP: Platinum vs. Collectors on Glacier Hazard, who lasts longer, best of 3.

krickit

Jan 16, 2011
To jump in on suggesting things, I think it'd be great to do one which would be downright painful: a TF2 Market Gardener [http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Market_Gardener] fight [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTW7hcuJrQY].

(I'd also recommend a rocket jumper.)

Albatross727

Oct 30, 2013
That was a good episode. I really want to see something in Far Cry 3, like hunting komodo dragons with just the machete or something.