Uncivil War: Divekick - There Can Be Only One

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Jinjer said:
Did they decide what the forfeit will be? My suggestion: loser has to attend the next Escapist Expo wearing a woman's dress
Wouldn't be a forfeit for me, more like an excuse.

coolbond

Mar 1, 2011
final match 5 nights at freddys 20/20/20/20 custom night the one who survives the longest wins

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Jimothy Sterling said:
Silentpony said:
We actually had to record earlier than normal this week, so I'm guessing this was "just got out of bed" Yahtzee.
Well that explains it. Don't call Yatzhee before his morning tea. Thanks Jim! Good job in the war!
Also for the season finale, do Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Straight up knightly duel between you two!

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Oh man, tied at 9, and the winner will be decided next week!
SilverUchiha said:
So when they say season finale, does that mean after the next episode there will actually be a period where we don't get these? Or will it just be every time someone gets a total of 10 wins they have some kind of special victory thing? It's kind of unclear.
I dread not having one of these every week now. I'm still not used to Tuesdays here without Lisa Foiles.
Jimothy Sterling said:
Jinjer said:
Did they decide what the forfeit will be? My suggestion: loser has to attend the next Escapist Expo wearing a woman's dress
Wouldn't be a forfeit for me, more like an excuse.
While mowing the winners' front lawn?

I hope we keep this series going. Maybe after next week's Championship match, the winner challenges the Escapist contributor of their choice. Perhaps a gentlemanly duel in one of the multiplayer FPS's, pistols at 10 paces (or nudges of the thumbstick).

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I hope the next challenge is cucco baiting in ocarina of time.
Jinjer said:
The dress belonging to which woman? Or did you just mean dress, a thing that both men and women can own?

Samael Barghest

Mar 5, 2014
It would be awesome if the next battle happened to be who survived Five Nights At Freddy's. I think that would be good. Or Yahtzee could just do a review if he isn't busy being praised by us.

Jinjer

Jun 16, 2012
Evil Smurf said:
I hope the next challenge is cucco baiting in ocarina of time.
Jinjer said:
The dress belonging to which woman? Or did you just mean dress, a thing that both men and women can own?
Pardon me, in this context I meant a feminine looking dress for the purposes of maximum hilarity. Something designed for men would be a cop-out imho :p

Case in point:

Not nearly funny enough

Samael Barghest said:
It would be awesome if the next battle happened to be who survived Five Nights At Freddy's. I think that would be good. Or Yahtzee could just do a review if he isn't busy being praised by us.
I second Five Nights, especially with Yahtzee's recorded hatred of theme-park mascots

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Really the hit detection took the suspense out for me, though I seem to be in the minority here. I can't really get excited to see the victor decided by the game failing.

Still, one more week, one more week.

Jinjer

Jun 16, 2012
Here's an idea: Assassin's Creed - who can manage the longest wild goose-chase? Provoke the guards into chasing you. You loose if you kill someone, get killed or lose your pursuers.

Or steal as many horses of the same color as possible.

Papers, Please: 3 total screwups and you're out

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Freebird duel. I think that's what everyone wants. 2 men enter. One loser smashes his fake plastic guitar in victory, the other in disgust at their terrible failure.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I'd like to see a match of Luftrausers [http://store.steampowered.com/app/233150/], whoever kills the most ships or blimps wins (good luck with that), or I dunno, any excuse to play that game, it's awesome :p

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Between the US and Australia I'm surprised there were no lag based fake-out victories.

You know the ones, where you see and hear for a split second that you got the hit, then the characters teleport to a position where it is you who is TAKING the hit. Often a headshot.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
FINAL ROUND: Super Smash Bros. 3DS, either Endless Smash and the winner is the one with the most KOs, or Cruel Smash and the winner is the person who survives the longest. To make it fair, perhaps both players must use Mii Fighters of their own creation.