Uncivil War: Max Gentlemen - Maximum Hats, Maximum Britishness

the_maestro_sartori

Nov 8, 2009
I'd never seen that game before and can now positively say: I want it.

I must admit I didn't think Yahtzee had much chance from the offset when I saw Jim's highest score was three times his >.>

The Last Melon

Mar 19, 2012
I really wonder where Yahtzee picked up that habit of saying zee instead of zed. Is that just not a British thing like I always imagined it was?

Anyway, somebody suggested Nidhogg last time and I want to echo it. Although the lag might fuck them over a bit. So...maybe not.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
The Last Melon said:
I really wonder where Yahtzee picked up that habit of saying zee instead of zed. Is that just not a British thing like I always imagined it was?

Anyway, somebody suggested Nidhogg last time and I want to echo it. Although the lag might fuck them over a bit. So...maybe not.
It is a British thing, but he doesn't live there. I've no idea if it's "zee" in Australia, though. It might just be an internet sort of thing. I know people from out of Cali who overuse "like" as a filler word just as much as we here do and just picked it up through others online. It's a bit odd, honestly, haha.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
I like to think if I stop watching this show Rhymedown Spectacular will come back...

SlightlyEvil

Jan 17, 2008
leviadragon99 said:
Yeah... Hipsters really ruined trilbies for everyone...
Truth. I would wear a fedora (what can I say, I like Bogart) if a) they weren't ruined by association, and b) I had a less enormous head and any hat could fit me. Yahtzee doesn't even wear a fedora, but just because a trilby is close to a fedora it's ruined too.

TL,DR: I hated hipsters before it was cool.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
Enjoyable as always. And I'm glad Jim's winning. Sorry Yahtzee, but I'm cheering on the other British one.

LotBlind

Mar 12, 2014
Challenge: In Quake Live, join a public game of Instagib Free For All (doesn't require much any game knowledge really) or regular FFA if there's no players on Australian servers. Wait until the start of a fresh round before joining the match. Winner is whoever gets a better frags to deaths ratio (meaning trying to hide away is a valid strategy). The matches usually last 15 minutes or until anyone's reached 50 frags.

It's also possible to set up your personal server if you can find someone with a subscription (I've got one: my e-mail is horsmaan at hotmail dot com) for a good ole one-on-one with any silly settings and win conditions you prefer. The FFA idea is probably at its funniest if you manage to get on a server with really good players...

Kahani

May 25, 2011
vxicepickxv said:
We need something simpler than that, such as a game of chess.
How about a nice game of Global Thermonuclear War [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WarGames_%28video_game%29]?

Defcon [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEFCON_%28video_game%29] would be the more easily available equivalent, but unfortunately games probably take a bit too long for this series.