Uncivil War: Quake - Speed Run Finale!

Jim And Yahtzee

Apr 16, 2013
Quake - Speed Run Finale!

Season 1 of Uncivil War draws to a close - who will be the victor, and who will have to write bad poetry lamenting their defeat?

Watch Video

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
RIP in Pepperoni Yahtzee.
Goooooooo Team Sterling!

I'm so happy when my team wins. :D
Now I cannot wait to see them in pain.

The victor shall smile smugly as the loser chokes on humiliation ... and mustard!

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
I love them both but I wanted yahtzee to win, he just felt like the underdog to me....dunno why. y u try to fite fiend instead of running past it yahtzee ;_;

Oh well, good season chaps, good luck with the mustard mate.

Aristatide

Jul 19, 2014
I never realized you guys had such a fear of mustard. Or is it mustard and poetry combined specifically?

Crash_7

May 3, 2014
That was surprisingly tense. Moral of the story is if you're going to die on a speed run, do it early in the level.

Jan 12, 2012
Well, that was a good one; plenty of drama and back-and-forth. Poor Jim's gonna hear a lot of not-exactly-subtle jibes at his weight, I'm betting.

For the next series, I've got a couple of ideas:
The Light of My Halos: With the Master Chief Collection coming out, you could speed-run one level from each game back-to-back (though that's pretty long for one of these videos), or pick a challenge to complete (for example, kill an Elite in every game, or grab a skull in each game).

Sunset Overdrive Clever Name: Set the clock for 5 minutes and see who can have the biggest combo by the end of it. Twist: you can't touch the ground, grinding only. The combo meter resets if you get shot, so that's an easy way to track it rather than having to rely on memory.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
You know, I have been rooting for Yahtzee since the beginning, but a mustard-infused poem by Yahtzee sounds fantastic - I'm ok with this :D

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
Aristatide said:
I never realized you guys had such a fear of mustard. Or is it mustard and poetry combined specifically?
Yes, it indeed seem odd to me, but I'm the kind of person who usually as at least 5 different kind of mustard in his fridge.

Dijon, old style Dijon, dijonnaise, honey mustard (mostly because I'm lazy, as I always have a pot of honey, usually buckwheat, in the pantry) and a good old bottle of crappy French's Mustard.

Oskuro

Nov 18, 2009
Woah, so that's how people who "know the game" feel when they see people not so saavy playing it...

Jonsbax

May 4, 2010
Whoever loses, we win.

Shit this was tense. I hope we get to see Jim's reaction to the poem, if not with the actual video then at least on his youtube channel *wink wink*.

Alek The Great

May 24, 2011
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Sunset Overdrive Clever Name: Set the clock for 5 minutes and see who can have the biggest combo by the end of it. Twist: you can't touch the ground, grinding only. The combo meter resets if you get shot, so that's an easy way to track it rather than having to rely on memory.
Another idea for a Sunset Overdrive challenge:
Best of three traversal challenge: Who can get from the brewery in the old factory district to the amusement park in the harbour fastest without touching the ground. Other lengthy traversals that would also work: from lighthouse in little Tokyo to Fizzco Tower in downtown, and from the power plant in the old factory district to the top of the bridge connecting the harbor and downtown districts.

Vicioussama

Jun 5, 2008
Idea for a round:

Jim and Yahtzee play FFXIII: Lightning Returns and the first to swear or mock the game loses :p let's see who has the greatest endurance!

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Is it bad that I read that in the Green Ranger's theme?
All the better!
The Green Ranger is my favourite ranger! (and colour)

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
No! Dammit. So this is what it feels like when your sports team loses...

Maybe Yahtzee can get some vanilla pudding and some yellow food coloring. Ah, well, I HAVE A CHALLENGE!

They should play the first challenge in Timesplitters 3, Behead the Undead. It has a point tracking system too. Or, any in that first category, the monkeys may take a while, but the cow carcasses would be a good show.

LenticularHomicide

Oct 24, 2013
archiebawled said:
Aristatide said:
I'd wager they're talking about English mustard, which is rather strong compared to other types.
True that. Even wasabi's[footnote]Well, the so-called 'wasabi' you get at sushi joints, anyway, which is just green-dyed horseradish.[/footnote] got nothing on English mustard. Wasabi will flay your tastebuds; English mustard'll eat your face.

OT (sorta): Did anyone notice the snoring noise in the background during the post-game gloating? What's that about? I know Yahtzee's mic occasionally picks up whatever atrocity is happening in his neighborhood, but this time it seemed to be coming from Jim's side. Odd.