Uncivil War: Sleeping Dogs - Bike Bashing Bonanza!

Jim And Yahtzee

Apr 16, 2013
Sleeping Dogs - Bike Bashing Bonanza!

Jim and Yahtzee get some more vehicular manslaughter in with Sleeping Dogs.

Watch Video

Jan 12, 2012
That game had excellent bike physics; for anyone wanting to try this at home, know that you can open the driver's door and send people flying without losing speed. That's how the professional vehicular homicidists do it.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
Wow that one was close. It was genuinely tense.

I reckon Yahtzee should have won that; he only hit the last bikie like 5 seconds after the clock went. They should have just called it a tiebreaker.

emanresu2

Sep 26, 2014
Yahtzee should have won because he hit 15 first.
Ties are lame. There should be a rule to avoid them when possible.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
In terms of the actual competition this is the best one yet. Good back an forth and close the whole time.

josh4president

Mar 24, 2010
Honestly surprised Yahtzee didn't do the whole, "I Chinese! I play joke! I go pee pee in your coke!" thing since he was on a roll there.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Friends and I used to play this exact same made-up mini-game in GTA. We'd use sports cars though, to really send the motorists flying. The Cheetah and the Banshee usually. We started the practice in Vice City and it's carried on through to almost every GTA game or Saints Row game we've played since. :)

emanresu2 said:
Yahtzee should have won because he hit 15 first.
Ties are lame. There should be a rule to avoid them when possible.
Yeah, I agree. It would behoove them to implement a Sudden Death stipulation.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Very good war. Ironic kinda' that this simple competition ended up being the closest and most exciting yet! Jim and Yatzhee need to stick with these goofy 'not the way the game is meant to be played' competitions.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Silentpony said:
Very good war. Ironic kinda' that this simple competition ended up being the closest and most exciting yet! Jim and Yatzhee need to stick with these goofy 'not the way the game is meant to be played' competitions.
How many have been played in the way they were supposed to be? Well besides Left 4 Dead 1 and 2. Just curious.

OT: Well I consider this the unofficial sequel to the first Uncivil War, gosh I'm being nostalgic for a few months ago.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Evonisia said:
Silentpony said:
How many have been played in the way they were supposed to be? Well besides Left 4 Dead 1 and 2. Just curious.

OT: Well I consider this the unofficial sequel to the first Uncivil War, gosh I'm being nostalgic for a few months ago.
I'd say Mount Your Friends, Left 4 Dead 1, Call of Duty Knife fight, Left 4 Dead 2, AaaaaAaaaa Parachute Plunge, Max Gentleman Hat whatevers, and Alien: Isolation. So roughly half?

Two-A

Aug 1, 2012
Yatzhee would've won that if he had actually use the ram button. Very exciting episode nonetheless.

LenticularHomicide

Oct 24, 2013
Remember everyone, Yahtzee is definitely Not Racist:

From the ZP review of said:

Also, another tie? Makes me wonder if they're deliberately scripting these matches, since I seem to remember them having unrecorded practice runs in previous challenges. On the other hand, this would imply a rather much higher level of preparation and an almost inhuman ability to feign spontaneity, so maybe I'm giving them too much credit. :)

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Still neck and neck. >:0

It's still anyone's game!
What will happen if they both make it to 10 at the same time?

Also, why didn't they just keep driving on down the wrong side? Seems like that would have been a quick way to a win.

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
I don't think Yahtzee knew what a motorcycle was at the start of that game. Its good that he finally reasoned what it probably was before the end.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Yeesh Yahtzee, here I am rooting for you week after week, and then you show off the weakest reflexes this side of Hong Kong, mate... :'(

Should have been an easy win, if you'd have been a liiiiiitle faster.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Why did they start off in 2 of the slowest cars possible?

I'd be horrible in a challenge like this. I always try and go as fast as possible without crashing.

I've got to admit I burst out giggling at "This alley isn't helping me"

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
"Four wheels good! Two wheels bad!" Come on, guys, it was RIGHT there!
Still a funny challenge though. Yahtzee definitely should count this as a win since he hit the LAST bike rider within a second of the timer running out.