Uncivil War: Sonic the Hedgehog - Who Can Kill Less Robots?

Jim And Yahtzee

Apr 16, 2013
Sonic the Hedgehog - Who Can Kill Less Robots?

Jim and Yahtzee decided to try a quasi-pacifist run in the first stage of Sega's classic game Sonic the Hedgehog.

Watch Video

Jan 12, 2012
I do appreciate them not spoiling the illusion. In return, I'll pretend that I bothered to put on pants before watching this episode.

I would like to see them go on a rampage in Hulk: Ultimate Destruction or Prototype; something with lots of violence to counterbalance the snark.

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
Thunderous Cacophony said:
I do appreciate them not spoiling the illusion. In return, I'll pretend that I bothered to put on pants before watching this episode.

I would like to see them go on a rampage in Hulk: Ultimate Destruction or Prototype; something with lots of violence to counterbalance the snark.
Ooh. Prototype - most Helicopters destroyed before Alex dies...

Fun episode. I was genuinely wondering whether or not Yahtzee would be able to hang on to his one ring long enough to beat the first boss!

EDIT: Also - a Spiderman 2 Challenge. Don't particularly care what Spiderman 2 challenge (so long as it involves webswinging), but I would love to see one.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Second takes? No! I can't take another lie like that after finding out wrestling is staged!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
RA92 said:
Second takes? No! I can't take another lie like that after founding out wrestling is staged!
Wrestling is fake? No! Next thing you'll tell me is Uncivil War has a second take! Wait, second take?

rutcommapat2013

Oct 1, 2013
Okay, so I have a suggestion for a challenge.

In the original Timesplitters on PS2, if you go to the multiplayer option there is a very tiny map called "Tomb". Given how tiny the map is, once you load up that map with the maximum number of bots, absolute chaos ensues (And Timesplitters is a very fast-paced game as well, so it's quite fun). You're allowed to create up to four teams; my suggestion is that each of you must create three different teams of three bots, place yourselves alone on your own teams, make the scores unlimited, set a time limit, and give the point to whoever gets the most kills (You can't play it online, so my suggestion would be to just play against bots on your own and compare scores at the end).

It's worth noting that, if you guys aren't familiar with the game, Timesplitters boasts an absurd amount of options, including choosing seven total weapons to use out of all the weapons in the game. You guys have two options here: You can experiment with the game and see what might work best in terms of either balance or chaos, or you can just jump right in and pick whatever sounds cool.

Also, I'm pretty sure "Tomb" is the first map in the game, so you don't need to put any work into unlocking it.

EDIT: I'm not sure if every weapon is available for multiplayer at the start of the game; if it's not, the campaign takes a total of about two hours to beat on easy mode, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. But I'm pretty sure all the weapons are there from the beginning.

Second World

Feb 9, 2012
I imagine that the reason you two aren't directly competing is because of Yahtzee's internet connection or something..

So.. how about just seeing who can beat levels in Contra or Ghouls n' Ghosts the quickest (and if no-one can for some reason, see who can get the furthest.)

or compete against each other with a default deck in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. (I'd personally like to see the two of you directly compete at something rather than leave everything up to AI antics)

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
The_Darkness said:
EDIT: Also - a Spiderman 2 Challenge. Don't particularly care what Spiderman 2 challenge (so long as it involves webswinging), but I would love to see one.
See who can complete the pizza missions the fastest? That would be a good one.

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
This was a pretty nifty challenge; better than the versus games I was expecting to see a bunch of. I honestly have no idea how either of you managed to restrain yourselves from popping every robot. Seems like something that would take inhuman discipline and practice.

GoodNewsOke

Jan 30, 2014
Resident Evil 2 - Who can reach the police station faster?

Tofu would be a good challenge as well, but he needs to be unlocked first unfortunately and I doubt they want to spent so much time with the game first.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
For some reason, I've suddenly got an urge to go watch The Frighteners with Michael J Fox.

Also, will people please stop self-flatulating? It's kind of disgusting, no matter who you're a fan of.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
marioandsonic said:
The_Darkness said:
See who can complete the pizza missions the fastest? That would be a good one.
Oh, that would be a good one. It even comes with it's own tie breaker stuff. If they both make it at the same time, best pizza condition wins.

Anyway. Good to see Yahtzee catching up. It would indeed be boring if this became a very one sided competition.

Uriel_Hayabusa

Apr 7, 2014
Suggestion for a future episode: play the "No Fighting in the War Room" level from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare while t-bagging as many of the enemies you kill as possible.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I'm guessing they're playing on emulators, so that expands our library some great degree. How about a challenge in Perfect Dark? Some super hard difficulty on some super hard level? Best score by the end of the level wins? That way its both team work to survive and competition to get the most kills the fastest and all...

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
A classic one for next week?

Dark Souls

Either first to get to Firelink Shrine or farthest in a certain amount of time.

Maybe they should suffer a bit. >:)

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
This was quite a nice break from all the killing and vehicular manslaughter, though I'm sure there'll be more next week. Maybe pacifist challenges every once in a while will be a good thing.

LostPause

Sep 20, 2013
How about visiting the well of childhood trauma that is The Binding of Issac? Playing with only one heart. Yes, the roguelike elements make it a potentially asymettrical competition but on the plus side it would test the players instinctive [rather than rote] gameplaying skills. Besides, it's an awesome game.

Lagslayer

Apr 18, 2011
Next challenge suggestion:

Donkey Kong 64. Who can collect all the regular small bananas for a particular character in a particular level the fastest. You don't necessarily need to be playing the same character.

Bke

May 13, 2013
Aptspire said:
A classic one for next week?

Dark Souls

Either first to get to Firelink Shrine or farthest in a certain amount of time.

Maybe they should suffer a bit. >:)
ooohhh good idea!

However a slightly more limiting challenge: Playing as a deprived, see who can kill the asylum demon first after being let out the cell. They're allowed to get all the weapons and stuff on the right hand corridor, but can wear no armor. I dunno if they wanna do a full run from start to demon-death, cause that might take a while (they both sounded very tired in this video). But it would be interesting to see.