Uncivil War: Yahtzee Eats His Mustard

LenticularHomicide

Oct 24, 2013
number2301 said:
If you watch his videos on YouTube, he says he has a girlfriend currently, I presume that's her, and can only wonder what a (presumably) adult woman thinks of this kind of thing!
That so? Well, I'm happy for him. As for the second part, I'd imagine it's either baffled acceptance, or enthusiastic involvement such as TotalBiscuit seems to enjoy(?) from his spouse, Genna Bain.

(On that note, what is it with the English game reviewers I follow finding American significant others?
Jim "Fucking" Sterling(, fils), TotalBiscuit, now Yahtzee? And Yahtzee isn't even in America!)

TheYeIIowDucK

Mar 22, 2011
I could never imagine Yahtzee having someone else in his house. I always thought he's psychopathic or something

Aerotrain

Sep 7, 2014
I enjoyed the transition from the "I got this" phase to yelling "prompt!" every second line after the big spoonful of mustard. And Yahtzee kills it with the poem too (that's why the Rhymedown Spectacular was renamed I Think Yahtzee Won This Week), shame that he isn't that good at playing video games and rightfully lost to the not-so-lean, mean, Jim Machine.

JenSeven said:
Will this show be continued?
Maybe Yahtzee against MovieBob or MiracleOfSound or maybe against Graham and Paul?

Good show, wish there was more of it.
Hear, hear. Personally I'd love Graham and/or Paul or even someone else from the LRR crew who's more intensively competitive and not afraid to hit below the belt with the banter (look what I'm saying is: Kathleen plox!). Just not MovieBob, there's plenty of his stuff already and quite honestly I'm not a big fan.

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
If you've watched Yahtzee's "Let's drown out" I can't help but feel this was made on purpouse with a "I have a girlfriend, I have a girlfriend and yes, it's an actual girl" intention, which made it even funnier.

JenSeven said:
Will this show be continued?
Maybe Yahtzee against MovieBob or MiracleOfSound or maybe against Graham and Paul?

Good show, wish there was more of it.
It was said already that no shows with Jim would continue to be on the Escapist. Asimilar might be created, but not "Univil war"

Crash_7

May 3, 2014
Yeah, they need to do these for one or both of their YouTube channels. This series was too good to just let it die.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
In the context of Jim leaving the Escapist, it's almost heartwarming as a tribute to the man.

In the context of the last Uncivil War however, it's fucking hysterical. I just love seeing the normally dignified Yahtzee reduced to a gagging mess by one spoonful of mustard, and the poem was funny as well.

I'm going to miss this show. I can only hope in time they find a way to keep it going.

JonSherwell

Mar 21, 2013
Thunderous Cacophony said:
I was not aware Jim was leaving the Escapist; for anyone else who missed the news, I did a bit of digging and found this thread.

Ah well, it was a decent poem, and while I'll miss the insults between the two hopefully Yahtzee can pick up a new series to do. Maybe bring his Let's Plays over to the Escapist?
Yahtzee has thusfar ridiculed the idea of monetizing his Let's Drown Outs, so I don't really see this happening.

Fsyco

Feb 18, 2014
TheYeIIowDucK said:
I could never imagine Yahtzee having someone else in his house. I always thought he's psychopathic or something
He has his friend Gabe over once a week for his Let's Drown Out series, and he's also mentioned having a girlfriend (and considering that there's a female voice in the background, it's probably her). Also, on LDO, Gabe frequently calls Yahtzee some variation of "Neurotic Autistic Weirdo." I think that's what you were thinking of instead of psychopathic.

Quiotu

Mar 7, 2008
LenticularHomicide said:
number2301 said:
If you watch his videos on YouTube, he says he has a girlfriend currently, I presume that's her, and can only wonder what a (presumably) adult woman thinks of this kind of thing!
That so? Well, I'm happy for him. As for the second part, I'd imagine it's either baffled acceptance, or enthusiastic involvement such as TotalBiscuit seems to enjoy(?) from his spouse, Genna Bain.

(On that note, what is it with the English game reviewers I follow finding American significant others?
Jim "Fucking" Sterling(, fils), TotalBiscuit, now Yahtzee? And Yahtzee isn't even in America!)
Hey, if I could find a moderately hot British chick to hang around with me, I'd probably marry her too. So I don't blame the American women for liking them accents overseas.

Also remember, Brooke Lawson aka Dodger is rooming with Sam Thorne aka Strippin as well.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Reading the comments i understand that european mustard is somehow hotter than others? Being an European, thats pretty much the only mustard we got. in university we used to do challenges of who can put more mustard on a hotdog and still eat it without crying (yeah, mustard really releases tears). i guess if american mustard is 100 times weaker as the comments claim its kinda pointless to eat it at all. i mean the reason we put mustard on is because it is hot.

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
My experience with English mustard is that it is a sweet mustard with a ton of horseradish in it (which is closely related to wasabi, and they have similar flavour). So basically it's like eating tear gas.

Or at least that's what stuff that's branded as English mustard is like around here.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Nice touch on going back to Rhymedown Spectacular for this winners poem.
Well done mr. Croshaw.

And once again: Good luck to mr. Sterling!

Aug 31, 2012
VladG said:
My experience with English mustard is that it is a sweet mustard with a ton of horseradish in it (which is closely related to wasabi, and they have similar flavour). So basically it's like eating tear gas.

Or at least that's what stuff that's branded as English mustard is like around here.
Not quite, it's a hot mustard with a load of mustard in it. There's a chemical (or chemicals) in mustard (that I assume is present in horseradish and wasabi) that produces the "OMG, chemical warfare is happening inside my head" feeling but it is destroyed by heat (temperature) & acid, so English mustard is prepared differently to other sweet mustards.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
LenticularHomicide said:
Nergui said:
But what kind of English mustard was it, mild or hot? I remember the first and last time I ever tried hot English mustard, I spent 20 minutes wondering what the fuck I'd put into my mouth.

Captcha - I think so
(captcha wants to kinow as well)

He was eating MasterFoods brand English Mustard (it's an Australian brand), which comes in Mild and Hot varieties, as Nergui said. However, the Mild version has a large blue oval on its label, which is not present on the jar he was holding. So, it was Hot English Mustard. Eesh.

Silentpony said:
Also is English mustard spicier than American mustard?
Yes. A thousand times yes. It's a punch in the face that you can eat. It's like getting pepper sprayed in the face while simultaneously breathing in tear gas. It's wasabi on bath salts.

And, judging from Yahtzee's reaction, it appears to have the ability to replace memories of fat jokes with searing-hot pain.

(And was that a female, American-accented voice I heard prompting him? o_O)
Now I'm tempted to find this particular mustard and try it
As someone who eat a lot of mustard and horse-raddish-paste-thing (I don't know what it's called in english) since childhood
(once I squeezed wasabi into my mouth to prove it isn't that hot)
Imagine if Doom marine after kicking collective ass of hell, returned home and few weeks later, while returning from therapy session, got mugged by a punk with a knife.
My first reaction upon reading "English mustard" was "pfff", mostly because "english mustard" I'm familiar with is mild one, but it seems there exists hot mustard too.
Just in case I can't find it, are there some similar mustards to one Yahtzee was eating?

LenticularHomicide

Oct 24, 2013
blackrave said:
My first reaction upon reading "English mustard" was "pfff", mostly because "english mustard" I'm familiar with is mild one, but it seems there exists hot mustard too.
Just in case I can't find it, are there some similar mustards to one Yahtzee was eating?
Well, Colman's Mustard is a well-known brand of English mustard. I think it's slightly less spicy, though. Godspeed you :)

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Grabehn said:
If you've watched Yahtzee's "Let's drown out" I can't help but feel this was made on purpouse with a "I have a girlfriend, I have a girlfriend and yes, it's an actual girl" intention, which made it even funnier.
She was never identified in the video, for all you know she could be his mum.