Uncommon words you use commonly

Feb 7, 2016
Ostensibly. I used it once at work when talking to a customer. They actually tried to ask for my boss because my use of the word made them feel stupid because they didn't know what it meant. Funniest shit I ever experienced in my life, so I adopted it fully into my daily language. I still get a perplexed look from people once and a while when I use it.

Weresquirrel

Aug 13, 2008
Scallywag - A useful word for describing someone/something as annoying.
What ho - A greeting I have for some reason I have taken to using. No idea why I do. I also occasionally say "Tally ho".
Confound it/Dash it all! - I don't know why, it's just more satisfying to use than "Damn".

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
"Milquetoast"

It's an adjective that's best described by the author who wrote the character it comes from.

"He's the kind of man that speaks softly and gets hit with a big stick"

UltraDeth

Nov 2, 2010
Thrice - Archaic adverb for three times.
Stupendous - Adjective for good quality.
Purposeless - Adjective. I use as a synonym for "Waste of time".
Cretinous - Adjective. Stupid.
Uncharacteristic - Adjective. Out of character, not one's usual self.

That's all I can think of for now, I used a few of adjectives here.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
It may be because I am often verbose and wordy, but I hesitate to eliminate a few of these words from the common section.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Seraj33 said:
Faebless - French loanword in the Swedish language. Means to have a weakness or biased preference towards something.

"I always did have a faebless for purple shoes."

EDIT: Apparently the escapist is not international enough to support 'a', so I will replace them with ae.
Actually, it's written as "faiblesse", with an I.

Source: I'm French Canadian.

As to what I tend to overuse - I'd say adverbs in general. " Concordantly" tends to strike my fancy more than it should.

Seraj33

Jun 18, 2012
IamLEAM1983 said:
Seraj33 said:
Faebless - French loanword in the Swedish language. Means to have a weakness or biased preference towards something.

"I always did have a faebless for purple shoes."

EDIT: Apparently the escapist is not international enough to support 'a', so I will replace them with ae.
Actually, it's written as "faiblesse", with an I.

Source: I'm French Canadian.

Not the loan word. The loan word and the origin word are seldom the same in both languages. Smorgasbord for example, is actually spelled with (since we already clarified diacritical marks do not work on this site) o with two dots above it and a with a ring above it.

Edit: To clarify, only the first o has two dots above it. Otherwise it becomes something like... sandwich birth or sandwich heritage.

Source: And I am Swedish.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I seem to be one of few people near where I live that uses the word "abhorrent" when they can. It's a wonderful word.