Undeniably the best fight scene in anime

Julius Terrell

Feb 27, 2013
Since I've been watching Japanese anime probably longer than most people replying in this thread I've seen so many awesome fights that I've nearly lost count. I will say in the last few years shounen series have been getting the really awesome fights.

I will NEVER forget Ichigo vs Byakuya durig the soul society ark. That fight had Goosebumps running down my back. Everybody couldn't stop drooling over that fight.

Yes that fight from Sword of a stranger really made that movie really stand out. What made it even better was that tension throughout the whole movie was just nail bitting. You knew it was coming!

One of the fights at the end of Street Fighter II V stands out. Guile vs Chun Li, she had been cybernetically enhanced as well as her fighting abilities. Hot Damn could she fight.

Naruto vs Sasuke 1st fight. I think the internet was going to explode after those episodes aired.

Naruto vs Pain: Self explanatory

Yami Yugi vs seto kaiba 1st season: I've rewatched the duel so many times I think the DVD player was going to overheat.

D vs the count: That fight made that movie. To all these people bragging about Alcard. D would curb stomp his ass and no blink doing it. You guys haven't seen a good fight scene till you've seen Vampire hunter D at work.

One of the other most memorable fights I've seen was at the end of season to of Grappler Baki. It was a side story about Yujiro Hanma taking on a whole squad of special forces troopers with his bare hands. These guys had all the guns and everything anyone would have in a modern war. They still lost against the worlds strongest creature. To this day that is still some of the most insane shit I've ever seen.

This is by no means a complete list, but what I could think of off the top of my head.

Edit: How could I forget Airmaster. That show was nothing but one awesome fight after a next. The fights during the latter half of the series were truly some of the best fights I've ever seen(Maki vs Minuguchi Yuki).

Also, Hokuto no Ken(Fist of the North Star) Every fight awesome. What else can I say.