Undercutting the Competition

Dandres

Apr 7, 2013
That hair cut started trending I think do to the Hunger Games.

Natalie Dormer who was in both the Hunger games and Game of Thrones had to get her hair shaved to look tough for the Hunger Games but did not what to shave it all off because of her role in Game of Thrones. Ever since then I have seen more and more women with that style of cut.

The link is funny because and I could be wrong here because that strip came out before gamer gate & now it was necrode to server a new master.

Aug 31, 2012
Not an unusual haircut for alternative types at the time (I assume, given the "Tubular!" T-shirt, it's meant to be early 90's). Even it out and she'd be quite fashionable, send her down to Camden to hang out with all the "Riot Grrrls".

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Imp Emissary said:
Good lord. xD That link.
It's been a while, but that episode of Critical Miss was actually pre-GG right?
Considerably. Of course, what do you expect from a tumblr site that claims it's knows political comics better than the artist? Actual research? That's funny.

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
NinjaDeathSlap said:
I will never get a haircut that draws closer attention to my ears.

Fuck those guys.
Shh...they might here you! :)
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
If that ever happened to me as a kid I'm fairly sure my mom would do the same thing.

It was a weird time back then.
Back in my day...

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Fappy said:
thanatos388 said:
Remus said:
Fappy said:
Her mom's lower half is so late-80's/early 90's... I love it.
Banned for this post? I is confused. /check post history Ah. got it. Movie review with martyrdom. Not touching that one.

OT, this hair style has somehow become a default "tough girl" look. Maybe it was Tank Girl that made it popular. I've seen it in the comics a few times whenever a particular character has a dark, brooding period, like almost every time Storm gets pissed, she shaves her head.
I still don't get it. It says banned for this post on every post they have.
I am an undead poster.
Haha. Wow. I thought it was only posts in that one thread. Didn't realise they'd done it to ALL your posts.
It's an amusing trick... The tech team does some weird stuff sometimes.

It's just a pity 'banned' posts are so hard to read...

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
....that tumblr link..is uh....you guys going to get in trouble for that?

OT: Do agree that undercut is some "swag ass shit"

Rahkshi500

May 25, 2014
Fappy said:
I am an undead poster.
So any idea when your condition will be fixed? You don't seem like the kind of poster who would get banned, and out of the posts I've read from you, I haven't found a single one that would warrant a ban.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Rahkshi500 said:
Fappy said:
I am an undead poster.
So any idea when your condition will be fixed? You don't seem like the kind of poster who would get banned, and out of the posts I've read from you, I haven't found a single one that would warrant a ban.
It's a prank the techteam pulled on Friday. They've been out of the office since then, so it will probably be fixed tomorrow :p

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
I REALLY hate that haircut. It's even worse that those sideways pony-tails from the 80s. Didn't notice that the character had it, though. I was too busy being impressed at her generally being buff and not conventionally attractive.

And that certainly explains her having the undercut.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Dandres said:
That hair cut started trending I think do to the Hunger Games.

Natalie Dormer who was in both the Hunger games and Game of Thrones had to get her hair shaved to look tough for the Hunger Games but did not what to shave it all off because of her role in Game of Thrones. Ever since then I have seen more and more women with that style of cut.

The link is funny because and I could be wrong here because that strip came out before gamer gate & now it was necrode to server a new master.
I took a look around online. It seems Rhianna made it popular. Makes sense that she would, knowing how dumb she is.

I personally call it "The Road Warrior" due to it fitting in perfectly in that world.