Undeserved sequels you would like to see

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Let's face it people. This year has had sequels to quite a few things that, quite frankly, didn't deserve a sequel, mostly in the movie industry, but gaming was also part of it. So I ask you; what 'undeserving' sequel would you like to see?

1 rule: Bad sales do not qualify as a reason a game is undeserving of a sequel. This is about either quality or story or whatever reason you can think up.

Maybe the game was something you liked but a vast majority didn't, so all hopes for a sequel were crushed.
Maybe a game sucked so much you're just curious to see what they could do with a sequel.
Perhaps a story ended so neatly, so completly, you would want to see a sequel just to see how they'd manage to screw it all up.

Let the insanity begin!

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
Prototype.
Story wise, this does not deserve to be continued. However, I REALLY want to see another one.
Otherwise, I'd like a remake (back to the drawing board with everything... plot included) of Dirge of Cerberus since I saw something really solid in there but it was buried under a whole hell of a lot of issues. I'm betting the Unreal engine would fit that sort of game perfectly.

*EDIT*

Forgot this, but also Darksiders. If the dev team pulls an Assassin's Creed and makes another one but with fun combat and a lot more stuff thrown in, than I'll be just fine with it. Same might go for Dante's Inferno.

L4hlborg

Jul 11, 2009
I'd like to see a Portal 2.

Portal ended really nicely and it was short enough so that there is no way it could have gotten repetetive. In my oppinion, Valve should make a full priced full length sequel of the game just to pump out some money of the franchise and see how badly it could go wrong. They could just use the portals in Halflife 2 ep 3, but then they couldn't overuse the fan favorite GlaDOS who was quite clearly killed in the end of Portal. Ofcource they could add some new interesting features like co-op, but it would still leave the sceptics to wonder, if the sequel really has any point at all.

Oh, wait.

MadeinHell

Jun 18, 2009
Alpha Protocol. The game didn't sell very well so I doubt there would ever be a sequel of that. But while the game got quite a lot of negative (or just "meh") reviews I really liked it. Thus I'd love to see a sequel... someday xP.

Also SW: Republic Commando. While story wise it wouldn't make much sense
order 66
It would still be awesome to see a sequel to one of best (if not THE best) games in SW universe.

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
UberLemonBoy said:
E.T
Superman 64
wow! when you heard "undeserved", you took that shit seriously! :D

um.... JetSetRadioFuture?

and another Army of TWO would be much appreciated.

-SteinFaust.

migo

Jun 27, 2010
Stranglehold - Tequila time was pretty neat, it was fun to play but got a little repetetive after a while, and some of the stuff was just silly. There should be some more movement modes so it handles better like a platformer, with some wall running and the like.

mets6886

Jun 7, 2010
shadowrun. if fasa studios could have just added single player and fixed a few bugs, the game would have been more amazing than it already is. its definitely one of the most underrated games

Applejack

Aug 1, 2010
Another Dino Crisis but have it pick up after the second game.

Or Parasite Eve 3 would be nice (3rd birthday doesn't count)

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
OH! i would like to see another True Crime game, and no, don't tell me that there's a new one coming out because that one doesn't follow the formula that got the first one a sequel to begin with. the new one is linear. the old ones had a grand number of endings to get, both on the good and bad sides of the spectrum. all of which ended with and contained quirky missions and interesting gameplay.

i would like another True Crime: Streets of L.A. or N.Y.C.

Talon_Skywarp

Aug 2, 2010
Killer 7....

I have no clue what the hell happened in the first so a sequel can continue to ruin me.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
mets6886 said:
shadowrun. if fasa studios could have just added single player and fixed a few bugs, the game would have been more amazing than it already is. its definitely one of the most underrated games
Loved that game so much, especially the intro.

Fursnake

Jun 18, 2009
Shadowrun - reboot the Sega Genesis game which was the closest thing to the pen and paper game.

Breakdown - reboot sequel this game, it was a pretty interesting mix of 1st-person shooter and 1st-person fighting game.

Strider - I liked all the versions of Strider; the Genesis version based off the arcade, the Nintendo version and even Strider 2. But it really needs a next gen version.

RuberGruber

Aug 3, 2010
A decent-looking sequel to Blood would just be lovely, cause Blood 2 was just too painful to look at to be called a sequel. Though I wouldn't know how a fast-paced and absurdingly violent ego-era shooter would look like or play out today.

Kialee

Aug 1, 2010
SteinFaust said:
um.... JetSetRadioFuture?
I wouldn't call that an undeserved sequel! Jet Set Radio and its sequel were good games.
I agree, though, I'd still love to see another game in the series.

As for an undeserving sequel...Space Quest 7. I know adventure games fell out of the public eye (at least, point and click ones) but hot damn, those were entertaining.

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
Mirror's Edge. It could have been a good game, but then they went and stuck most of it indoors, completely ruining it's freestyle feel.