Unexpected Complications

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Sorry to hear that LeeLee.
If I give you money do I get another awesome tee shirt?

Hey, it worked with Alison at EC. :p

I'll pitch in for the robot arms on one condition.
You make the Six Million Dollar man noise whenever you move. Deal?

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Sounds like we need to go Adam Jensen on ya! Quick! Someone invent cybornetic arms, complete with arm blades of course.

Hope you heal up quick, if you really want to put out content show some screens or concept art you've got for your games, I'd be interested in checking them out.

chriswolvie

Aug 25, 2009
Are we gonna need to do another "Alison"-like fundraiser? If so, you may wanna consider abandoning this site.

Seriously, though, heal up, girl. We understand.

Apr 28, 2008
Take all the time you need. I think all of us would want a fully healthy you instead of a not fully healthy you.

Especially if the latter means no more great comics!

But seriously, get well. We'll be fine. You focus on getting better.

Leels

Feb 13, 2010
Get well soon. Then you'll be able to show us how much more you have become.
Blunderboy said:
Sad to hear that LeeLee.

And we all know how THAT ended, you've got a strange definition of 'worked'.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Absolutely out of the question! How dare you suggest that your health and wellbeing is more important than our weekly scraps of entertainment!? Draw slave, draw!

[small]Seriously though, got better soon. Your hand is your livelihood, after all. We love you :D[/small]

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Blunderboy said:
Sad to hear that LeeLee.

And we all know how THAT ended, you've got a strange definition of 'worked'.
Well in terms of me getting a Tee shirt, it was a complete success.

Lorennar

Apr 14, 2009
Tough call but a good one. Get better so we can all enjoy your work for years to come. Good luck with the game by the way.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Get well soon. Good luck with your work and school. We'll be here when you're ready.

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
Better to rest up than to take a chance and make it worse. I'll admit that I'll miss this story arc as I'm truly curious about what kind of person they're gonna end up hirin', but I can wait. Get well soon Leelee.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
Hey, take your time, just get better ok.

If not, sign yourself up for biomech testing!

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
NOOOOO
Please promise me, you will eventually comeback and not just for 2 comics like Stolen pixels.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
This comic makes me sad :( OK not sad, but like bummed out maybe

But even your "I'm hurt and can't draw much" comic was still pretty fun(ny).

So... does anyone know a wizard? Wizards heal stuff, right?

Jzcaesar

Mar 29, 2011
I just recently started reading this comic, and I have to say it's grown on me. Best wishes for a good recovery.

rednightmare

Apr 17, 2009
"Sometimes you need to help yourself before you can help others"*

Get well soon LeeLee, but take your time (?)

*maybe replace first help with heal and second help with draw or something, you get the idea

Elijah Newton

Sep 17, 2008
Heya Elisa / LeeLee - man you've got a ton on your plate. Heal up and take the long view : your talent isn't going anywhere and we're stuck with our meatbags for the forseeable future, so we'd best treat them nicely in the meantime. :) Best wishes for a full recovery.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Aw, while I was really liking this story line, I definitely don't want you to continue it if it's going to hurt you. Get some guest artists and rest, we'll manage.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
It's cool. It amazes me that you can balance all that work and not go crazy anyway. Take your time, rest up, we'll wait.

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
Saaad face. Your art injury is way more hardcore than any of my sports injuries ever were...except maybe the concussion that brought its friend, retrograde amnesia. But yes, heal up. We'll be here. Just promise you'll come back. I love the comic, and I don't want it to fade into oblivion like Stolen Pixels. Get well soon and good luck with school and everything else!

Jungy 365

Sep 13, 2010
Man, I hadn't realised your arm was that bad. Now I feel kinda bad that you were doing these for us when you needed to rest. Take all the time you need, we will still be here when you get better, and we wish you a speedy recovery. :)

Okysho

Sep 12, 2010
Andronicus said:
Absolutely out of the question! How dare you suggest that your health and wellbeing is more important than our weekly scraps of entertainment!? Draw slave, draw!

[small]Seriously though, got better soon. Your hand is your livelihood, after all. We love you :D[/small]
I'm with you!! Who said you could stop working! Get moving!!!

We love you Lee lee! Get well soon

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
You wont be drawing any more comics strips for a while to let your hand heal?

THERE IS NO UNDERSTANDING, ONLY RAGE!!!!

...Get well soon.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
UK
That is a long wait but none the less reasonable. I guess we shall assume the crew are having a slow and painful death deciding who to hire in the meantime.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Well first, get better.
Second:
But besides that, really sorry to hear. Good luck with your healing!

Steampunk Viking

Jan 15, 2010
Completely understandable, I think any reasonable person will see that!

Wish you a speedy recovery on the hand and best of luck with your school work!

Smokescreen

Dec 6, 2007
Seriously: Heal up. Do it right. We appreciate your work but it's not worth ruining your health over.

Get well soon!

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Apr 8, 2020
Country
United States
Holy mother of God!

I didn't know it was that bad, talk about suffering for you art.

Get well soon LeeLee!

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Not to worry sis, I can live without Name Game for a few weeks, even months, I prefer to have one strip per year (!) than having none at all.

Get well and rest, you deserve it! :)

flaviok79

Feb 22, 2011
I like your other stuff, at least what 've seen on your blog. As long as I get to see some of your creative work here, I will keep showing up. Get better soon.

Marmooset

Mar 29, 2010
I knew it was gonna be either a quit, LOA, or absenteeism/tardiness scenario. You can just smell 'em.

BlackFrost

Aug 7, 2009
Take as much rest as you need, heeling is you're body is very important. I hope you get well soon =)

Amgeo

Apr 14, 2011
I'm really sorry about how bad your hand is hurting. I hope that you get better, and that your game goes really well.

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
Is it me, or does the Escapist cripple artists?

I'm kidding! Kidding! Don't ban me!

OT: Get well soon! Hope your project is playable at the end of this slog. :3

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
You take all the time you need. Some of us on the internet appreciate we get to see your work for free so do what you have to do.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Ah, I was sorry to read that and I wish you all the best and hope you get better soon. This is after all my favourite webcomic on the net (pssst, Johnny G Carter isn't around is he?). So yeah, take the rest to heal and up and be back to make even better art. ;)

silasbufu

Aug 5, 2009
I have the same issue as you :( it's the worst thing in the world especially for a video game enthusiast. Get well

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Leels said:
If it is any consolation, I really like the more minimalist style of this comic. Heal those hands and get better soon. In the meantime, do whatever you need to!

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Well I sincerely hope that you get better soon, and am looking forward to your triumphant return in July!! That should be plenty of time for the shop to recruit someone new! :p

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Get well and don't stress it.
I'm currently having a knee injury which stops me from playing football and I think I can't join immediately as that would also interupt my comming studies.
Don't stress it and make that video game!!!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Chrono212 said:

And editors. I'm currently in a brace because the tendons on my left arm are shot.

Also, those of you who can draw should make Lee Lee some Get Well Soon cards. I bet she'd really enjoy those. :)

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Susan Arendt said:
Chrono212 said:

And editors. I'm currently in a brace because the tendons on my left arm are shot.

Also, those of you who can draw should make Lee Lee some Get Well Soon cards. I bet she'd really enjoy those. :)
Is MS paint an acceptable medium?

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I really like this artstyle.
And good healing.

[sub]PS: We actually have the technology for cybernetic arms, but we don't let people who haven't ruined their arms know.
You have to permanently ruin your arm to learn the truth and acquire Adam West-ness.[/sub]

gameoni

Jun 9, 2010
I admeditly thought of a geust strip... Thing my cat haves, work related injuries

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
That's gotta suck. Definitely on the "get well soon" train.
noahpocalypse said:
Unforgivable!

Use your other hand!
Actually, this could make a funny comic... :p Horrible stick figures ahoy!

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
I love your work, Leelee! Get better and I'll wait in anticipation for your return.

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
Awwwww. I hope your healing will be quick. :3

Also, why didn't you just ask the Medic to use his Medigun on you? Could have done wonders for your hand.

Chrono212

May 19, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Chrono212 said:

Have you got a fen shui expert on staff? You never know. :p

Anyway! That's bad news, I sincerely hope Lee Lee and you get better soon!

Btw, your Ghost Trick iOS recommendation was totally worth every penny.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Chrono212 said:
Susan Arendt said:
Chrono212 said:

Yay, I'm so glad you liked it! Now tell your friends - more people need to play that excellent game.

Chrono212

May 19, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Chrono212 said:
Susan Arendt said:
Chrono212 said:

Yay, I'm so glad you liked it! Now tell your friends - more people need to play that excellent game.
Done and done.
And I mean done.

Does it have that odd, but compelling, pay structure of getting the app free for the first 3-4 chapters but then normal price for a game app for the rest of the game or chapters in-game?

OT: Computers Maim. Tame your computer before it claims you!

Leels

Feb 13, 2010
[HEADING=2]WE LOVE YOU LEE-LEE!!![/HEADING]

Please rest your hand and get well soon, we wish you all the best ^_^

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
It is far more important for us, your fans, that you heal up propper so you can keep making the art work that we love so much than it is for us to get to see this lastest story finished quickly. You have all out love LeeLee *hugs*

-M

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Hope you heal up quick, Lee Lee. We love you, and will always reciprocate the feelings of wanting to please us, but health and long term artisting comes before the short term. So, you do what you need to do for yourself, and we'll cope through it.

Zonza Lee

Aug 12, 2011
It's all good. Let your hand heal and get back to this story when you're better. I'm sure prayers will go out for you. Best of luck in school.

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
Hey, maybe Allison could draw a guest strip. Sort of a mirror thing of you drawing one of the EC episodes while she was recovering.

For symmetry, of course.

Mickus

Stitch by stitch
Sep 21, 2009
Ouch, I've had Carpal tunnel syndrome myself and it's no fun. It was "only" two weeks but I had strict orders not to use my right hand/arm for anything, poor leftie had to pick up all the work during that time.

You just make sure to rest and focus on the important bits.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Qitz said:
Sounds like we need to go Adam Jensen on ya! Quick! Someone invent cybornetic arms, complete with arm blades of course.

Hope you heal up quick, if you really want to put out content show some screens or concept art you've got for your games, I'd be interested in checking them out.
only if I can have his legs (just swap one for my dodgy one)

but get better babes, a talent is a terrible thing to waste

Idsertian

Legacy
Apr 26, 2020
Get well soon LeeLee. Health > comic at the end of the day. We shall await your triumphant return to full glory with the utmost patience. :D

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I think everyone here understands. While we would love to get more chapters of the story arc right now, we also don't want you to be unable to work anymore. I'd feel terrible if you permanently injured yourself just to give me a chuckle for a few minutes. So heal up, ask Jensen for a good physical therapist, and keep doing what you have been doing. Maybe guest on another video with the LRR crew while you're at it. Plane tickets aren't that bad... says the guy who has never flown.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
I actually like the simple art style of this strip. Perhaps more focus on in the time that's coming?

Rainboq

Nov 19, 2009
Take all the time in the world Lee Lee, we'll be here when you return :3

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
Man, when I saw this had 80+ comments, I knew something was up.
You know, since we now know of your injury (and completely understand it), if you're going to still do panels anyway (bless your artistic soul) you should take this opportunity to practice drawing with your other hand. Then by the time you heal, you'll be an ambidextrous drawing machine!

It's not as great as robot arms, but it's the next best thing right?

Jammingway

Feb 5, 2012
Please don't ever risk your health for our entertainment. Except if you want to go all Gladiator with your robot arms.

Best wishes!

Hyp3roptic

Sep 7, 2009
gutted to hear that. I understand though one of my flatmates suffers from carpal tunnel and i myself am plagued by RSI. Take time off and just rest away =]

darksakul

Old Man? I am not that old .....
Jun 14, 2008
Leelee sorry to hear of your misfortune. And of course your health (including the physical condition of your hand) and your school comes first.
May you get well soon.

End with a quote

?When life gives you lemons, don?t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don?t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life?s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I?m the man who?s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I?m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!? - Cave Johnson, Portal 2

GreyJedi

Sep 22, 2009
Ye should focus on healin' yer hand, laddy.

Get well soon. :)

(Alternatively, you could boost your Restoration skill.)

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
I wouldn't consider the robotic hand a real option. It seems fine at first, but it's a slippery slope...one day you're a perfectly functional artist with a robotic hand, the next you're Darth Vader.

It's like meth but worse - and you know what they say about meth: not even once.

Either way, what I'm trying to say - and what I'm sure you've inferred - through all this is that you should get well soon.

'Nuff love!