Unforgotten Realms: Episode Three: Into the Well

Blazsy

Jun 8, 2008
Awesome mane i have been following you episodes around sins the first one you made :D, and it keeps getting better and better, i very very much liked the "Hit the deck part" i could't stop crying form all the laughing i did. it lacks some expressions at the fight with the bandits though... other then that WOOOOOT!

Did you made the intro movie yourself? becuase it is freaking awesome!!

Killerkittenprr

May 15, 2008
I'm A little late because of the flood situation~
BUT... Glad to see it finished. ;D
OH.
So you DID add the well scene. Lul. <3
Okay, I'll watch it whenever I get home~

Colodomoko

Feb 22, 2008
Killerkittenprr said:
I'm A little late because of the flood situation~
BUT... Glad to see it finished. ;D
OH.
So you DID add the well scene. Lul. <3
Okay, I'll watch it whenever I get home~
You kinda creep me out a little.

Russel1

Jun 13, 2008
Hey great episode!! the new series looks great n love the new theme tune. me and my friends have been watching UR since the classic series, time gnomes was pretty funny but we missed UR ;). Are you gona remake all the classic episodes and carry on from where u left off?

switch scenes between mike+rob and schmoopy+eli more often, so it feels more lik rob n mike r DMing, lik when mike is yelling at rob for cheating, i was showing a couple of my friends who havnt seen the classic episodes n they didnt really get that rob kept adding stuff to the story, lik making petea talk and making the rocks bigger =s which is wat made UR funny and original. just a suggestion, dont take it the wrong way or anything =P

ContraryJerry

Jun 14, 2008
i love all of rob's vids like time gnomes and jimmy a WoW story, keep up the good work you have me busting a seam on every video.

''in canada, milk comes in bags''
''im a kobooooold''
''i glow when im horny''

Russel1

Jun 13, 2008
**SPOILER ALERT** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM-UYPjR4ZY
think the next one is my favorite xD

wordsmith

TF2 Group Admin
May 1, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Stormeye said:
JOE COOL said:
I also thought it was hilarius when Rob rolled 2 20's and Mike got extreamly shocked.

what are the odds of rolling 2 20's?
1 / 20 * 1 / 20 = 1 / 400
Hrmm...but rolling another 20 after a 20 is only 1/20.
*maths geek hat* if you roll one dice, you have a 1/20 chance to roll a 20. if you roll 2 dice, the probability of rolling 2 20's is 1/400 because the events aren't mutually exclusive. Rolling one dice doesn't affect the other. probably the best illustration would be this:

1st, 2nd dice
etc etc... 400 possible combinations
20,20 is the only one that works, meaning 1/400 chance of rolling it. about as unlikely as it raining for 4 weeks constantly during a warm summer.

Singing Gremlin

Jan 16, 2008
wordsmith said:
*maths geek hat* if you roll one dice, you have a 1/20 chance to roll a 20. if you roll 2 dice, the probability of rolling 2 20's is 1/400 because the events aren't mutually exclusive. Rolling one dice doesn't affect the other. probably the best illustration would be this:

1st, 2nd dice
etc etc... 400 possible combinations
20,20 is the only one that works, meaning 1/400 chance of rolling it. about as unlikely as it raining for 4 weeks constantly during a warm summer.
Probability trees in action (by god I hate them). The odds of rolling a twenty never change. The odds of rolling multiple 20s in a single event do, however.

Pr0

Feb 20, 2008
Video version of Order of the Stick with far fewer characters and less humor. And Order of the Stick has been doing it a lot longer, longer to the point of running 3 or 4 major long term storylines at this point...I won't link it cause that would be rude, but if you want to see D&D humor making fun of itself in a really clever fashion, and not a boobies and fart jokes fashion...I suggest checking it out.

Don't mean to run this down I appreciate that coming up with entertaining content is challenging.

But you should always be wary of any independently produced animation series that has a intro run thats almost as long or longer than the episodic content.

Drong

Oct 31, 2007
Great episode, I've been really impressed with all of these so far and hope you go on making them for some time, unfortunately I didn't see the originals so I won't join the debate on whether these are funnier or not but I do know these definitely give me a good laugh and I will be recommending them to my friends.

ttony21

May 30, 2008
I think it's "By fire be purged." (from the World of Warcraft trading card game)

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
wow good job, this is definitely the best video on the escapist after ZP but though thats not saying a lot, i still want to say good job, i was laughing hard when i watched this, and for internet video thats pretty unlikely, somewhat like rolling double 20s. thumbs up, keep em coming!

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Pr0 said:
Video version of Order of the Stick with far fewer characters and less humor. ...
I disagree. Order of the Stick [http://www.giantitp.com/Comics.html] (which seems to be having server problems at the moment) is excellent, but not taking the same perspective. OotS is a play on a D&D campaign, taking humor from pointing out the game absurdities from a character's perspective.

Unforgotten Realms, on the other hand, takes its humor not from the fictional RPG, but the behavior and interactions between the 'players' (who obviously have very different impressions of how the game should be played), and by using a fictional PnP game to point out absurdities of console RPG and MMO conventions. It has a similar situation, but a different method and a different target.

If anything, UR is closer to Summoner Geeks. That's just a (brilliant) one-off though.

Colodomoko

Feb 22, 2008
Before I forget again, Rob should totally have guest stars of his other friends on Urealms starting with Johnny.

Silverookami

Jan 29, 2008
Wow. You rolled a 20 for hilarity, critical hit!
...I feel the urge to start coming up with other bad game puns to describe how much I love this series, but I'll spare you the pain of having to read through it. In short, that was one of the most awesomely funny things I've seen in a long time and I hope you keep it coming. Thanks for the entertainment!