Unintentionally hilarious glitches!!

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
I had one funny glitch in Assassins Creed: Brotherhood. When repairing an aqueduct i got build into one of it's pillars.
"Oh, don't mind your benefactor, I'll just stand here and let you encase me in stone."
And so Ezio joined myths of people captured behind walls dying of hunger.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
lacktheknack said:
OT: In "Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness", they actually got stair climbing done right... assuming you hold the "forward" key at all times. If you let go, she suddenly begins to riverdance.

So in the sequence where she's being chased by cops up a staircase, I didn't have a handle on how the controls worked, so she kept riverdancing around every corner. The cops would yell French things at me every time I did that. It was very amusing.
I was going to mention my own AoD glitch. I was running around in Paris as per usual when after one of the loading screens Lara's braid exploded and stretched out in all directions, covering my entire screen. Luckily by the time I managed to somehow navigate to another loading screen under all that hair, it went back to normal.

It just wasn't your best look, was it Lara?

"My hair feels stronger now."

Grape_Bullion

Mar 8, 2012
"Insert Bethesda game happening here"

In MGS2, I carried a guard into a corner, put him down randomly, and when he got up, he was stuck in that "shake it off" animation for like 10 minutes, just constantly waving his hand in front of his face.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
My copy of Arkham City has appears to have some sort of glitch that causes every instance of 'Freeze' to become 'Fries', which makes most of the dialogue rather bizarre (like Batman telling Penguin he's "only here for Fries")

saluraropicrusa

undercover bird
Feb 22, 2010
So my friend was over at my house playing Skyrim. She was dead set on marrying Farkas, and after some trials involving a dead body dropping in and ruining the wedding, she got her wish. She took Farkas with her on some quests... and promptly got him killed. After looting his body, trying unsuccessfully to bring him back from the dead with a spell, and selling at least one of the wedding rings, she found some other companion to take with her on her travels.

Now, she was minding her own business, wandering the countryside, when something comes running down the mountainside at her. Lo and behold, it was Farkas. Only something wasn't quite right...

He stayed half-way stuck in the ground until she fast traveled, at which point he was back to normal and they got re-married... shortly after which he was killed again. That was the last we saw of him. That, along with a dragon falling atop her head and instantly dying, was the best glitch we saw in Skyrim.

We did find a few hilarious glitches in the first Assassin's Creed, though, such as a guard getting his head stuck in a wall, and a "save the citizen" event just outside one of the cities where the distressed citizen had a clone, standing perfectly still, with two guards trying desperately to push him to no avail (they were going through the pushing animations but the man didn't budge).

May 5, 2010
Once, I just fell off of a MASSIVE tower in Assassin's Creed 2. So I started holding down the button to grab onto ledges(I honestly forget which one it is). Ezio had a different idea. Rather then grab a ledge, he decided to go with the alternate meaning of that button and decided to tackle someone. Unfortunately, the nearest person was on the street, hundreds of feet below. So went into this kinda nose-dive: Head first, his arms outstretched, homing in on this random fat guy like a damn missile. Hit him at like, 90 miles an hour, killed him instantly. But he did make a pretty good haystack.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Skyrim occasionally causes my character to hover. Mid-jump my character glitches out and then sits there waving her arms. You can move her around, but she flaps her arms like a twit.

There's also the time that it rains Mammoths... Take an umbrella ;)

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
The Ocarina of Time Swordless Link glitch. Glitches inside this one include being able to use all items on your horse, walking and controlling the horse at the same time, make super jumps, warping through the ground to mount your horse and much more. :\

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Cockney_Jesus said:
In Skyrim I just fired a simple ice bolt at a dragon on my level 5 mage...it launched the dragon Team Rocket style into the sky and I never saw it again.
I fired an arrow at a dead bear I'd just killed as it floated in a stream. It suddenly spun and just started spinning faster and faster, rebounding off the rocks before clipping a bit of land and flying off to the horizon.

I can only imagine the thoughts of some poor NPC, minding his own buisiness when a suddenly a dead bear rockets past him at an insanely fast speed!

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
Sean Hollyman said:
Gunner 51 said:
I'm very shocked that noone has mentioned the Giants in Skyrim. One hit from those bad boys and your character turns ends up joining the Skyrim Space Program. I managed to fly over the Throat of the World doing this.

Happy days.
I don't know if that's actually a glitch, or just something Bethesda thought it would be funny.
Both.
It was a glitch, but bethesda found it and thought it was funnny, so they left it there :p

Appleshampoo

Sep 27, 2010
Shanicus said:
And for the obligatory Fallout: New Vegas glitch - in Freeside, laying down C-4 packs around NPCs and detonating them (while sneaking, so I didn't get attacked) when I noticed something dark bouncing around the screen, knocking barrels and shit around. Turns out it was the body of one of the NPCs I blew up - 2 C-4 sends 'em flying, 3 C-4 turns 'em into personifications of the spaghetti monster. Freakily enough, it worked on the ones that survived the C-4 blasts too - got right funny when a darkish blob would whistle past me and say 'Hiya', slamming into a wall before coming back on the return trip.
That 'spaghetti corpse glitch' is the reason I never played New Vegas or Fallout 3 for more than a few hours, despite loving the game.

I /hate/ graphics glitches that like. Gives me nightmares :(

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
I've spent a lot of time on Red Dead Redemption and in my hours I've run into both the cougar man

and some bird people

CrazyJew

Sep 18, 2011
So I was playing Amnesia, streaming online to friends. Not as scary as they say. I finally repaired the elevator and went down. So I meat a Mr. Face, run, and duck in a corner. He sees me, and approaches me. I say my prayers and prepare to die. Dude slashes... and misses. And again. And again. That went on for a loooong while. The way he was slashing made it look like a dance with a lot of bootyshaking (often in my face, when he tried to slash in the other direction). It went on until I stood up and ran laughing like a maniac, knowing I would never take the game seriously again.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
Why has no one mentioned Laddergoat yet?!

You only need to watch the first 3 minutes or so, but it's hilarious - and the guy's weird commentary and laugh makes it even better.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Unintentionally hilarious glitches?

Oh dear God where to start?!

I've experienced far too many to even begin to recount them. There's just....so many. However, one of my favorites is from back in the Nintendo 64 days.

There was a bug in a game whose name I'm completely blanking on at the moment, that was purposefully left in the game during and after testing. (as in, it occurred unintentionally during the design phase but was left in later)

Basically, what it involved was the following:

At the cheat menu, you entered in a certain sequence of characters. I think there was more than one code needed, but again...my memory is failing me at the moment.

After you entered in the code(s), the glitch got weird. Basically, you would grab the cartridge, while it was still plugged into the console, and slowly lift the left side until the game crashed. Then, you pushed it back down and pressed the rest button.

Upon doing this, the game would boot up into a developer debug menu system. You couldn't do much within this menu using the controller, but it was still a rather interesting glitch that was both unintentionally created by the devs and later used by those same people for debugging purposes.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
You guys haven't lived until you've seen guards in the first Assassin's Creed humping crates and chest-high walls.... and grunting... civs sometimes do it to, but... somehow, not quite as funny when they do it.

paislyabmj

Mar 25, 2012
Watch the first 20 seconds of spoonys ultima 9 part 2 video, it's the best glitch ever and the most fun you will have in the entire damn game.