United Kingdom Privilege (NSFW)

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008

The benefits of being British. And you are British, Gav. Whether you like it or not.

Read Full Article

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
I'm from the non-english part of the word, I can call you things that would make your ears bleed in languages you can't begin to comprehend! :D

Also, love the crayon-drawn Irish passport.

grey_space

Magnetic Mutant
Apr 16, 2012
Jandau said:
I'm from the non-english part of the word, I can call you things that would make your ears bleed in languages you can't begin to comprehend! :D

What do you mean? That's exactly how our passports look.

Also the claiming of an Irishman as British is more than a little bit cunty.

You **** of a ****'s ****.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
Oi cunts, you saying Aussies aren't allowed to say ****?
We say it a shitload more than you bloody Poms do.

Jhonie

Oct 24, 2011
Jandau said:

Hehe, same here. I'm from Sweden, and the Swedish language has this beautiful and extremely handy trait that lets you combine almost any two words to form a new one. It opens up a whole new world of insults. :D Heck, we even have at least one song that is entierly compsed of one long string of insults. It's beautiful.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Soon people will be more offended by actual cases of racism rather than the utterance of a word to trigger revulsion.

Seems a bit niggardly to be offended at the "n" word when it is - just like "****" - being used more and more ironically or as a term of endearment.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
The Wooster said:

The benefits of being British. And you are British, Gav. Whether you like it or not.

Read Full Article
Mate, we've had over a century of stuff blowing up to settle that shit.
Enough shitstorms on the internet without you starting up the one that actually involved car bombs

OT: Personally, I think the Crayon Drawing a little over-kill (National Pride Intensives!), could have just settled for it being marked by glasses from being used as a drink coaster and maybe a picture of a drunk Gav.
Seriously, Passports are actually used on a daily basis by teens for proof of age in order to get into nightclubs and bars to go on the piss.

Aside from that, great comic as always :D

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
I like to think that, as a Canadian, we have a bit of a pass with ****. Or, at the very least, no one has stopped me when I've said **** before, and there's no way I'm stopping now

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
I'm Scottish and resent you cunts hawking off our word (fanny) to them in the colonies. You are hereby cordially challenged to fisticuffs!

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
There is no word more cathartic than ****. Being British, we have to let out our suppressed negative emotions the only way we can; keeping it classy and respectable for the ladies. The ladies also get dibs on wanker and tosser. The queen sheds tears of pride, i'm sure.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Abomination said:
Soon people will be more offended by actual cases of racism rather than the utterance of a word to trigger revulsion.

Seems a bit niggardly to be offended at the "n" word when it is - just like "****" - being used more and more ironically or as a term of endearment.
I grasp that you're trying to be clever, but you're using niggardly incorrectly. The only people you're going to offend is English graduates.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
The Wooster said:
Abomination said:

I grasp that you're trying to be clever, but you're using niggardly incorrectly. The only people you're going to offend is English graduates.
Greedy, selfish, hoarding or unable to loosen one's grasp of.

One needs to loosen their obsession with holding a word so offensive. While of coarse it's not a direct reference one can not always be so direct with metaphor.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
The best part was the the busybody in the first panel STRAINING to hear their conversation so she could find something in it to be offended by.

And the correct answer as always is to either totally ignore the busybody or to intentionally troll her if that amuses them at the moment.

Here in Amerika people have LOST THEIR JOBS because someone overheard something in a private conversation and was offended: http://www.wired.com/2013/03/richards-affair-and-misogyny-in-tech/

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
Shocksplicer said:
Yeah, you filthy convicts stole a shitload of **** from us.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
I would say, "I'm offended by the implication that being from a specific location justifies being offensive," but that's not hyperbolic enough to 1. Not be considered serious, and 2. Be something I don't actually somewhat believe.

But if there's one thing I did get from my prudish American upbringing, it's a bit of uncomfortableness about swearing. I tend to only throw them around when I'm angry or annoyed at something. I try to use "balls" or "sack" as expletives more than anything else, though. They generally fit the context better anyway; cunts are resilient, man.

[sub][sub][sub]I had to fight very hard to even type that out. In fact, that might have been an even worse idea than this strip.[/sub][/sub][/sub]

Tatsuki

Nov 9, 2014
Shocksplicer said:
Yea I agree and I'm a fully fledged cunting Brit. A prime **** as it were.
But the Aussies have natural talents because we sent the most cunting cunts to that cuntish rock and left them.

God we Brits did some awful shit... sorry cunting shit, and seem to historically get a free pass compared to other nations. It must be the accent.

Fun tip: Most British people don't have the stereotypical British accent until they think they may get a free drink or there is an attractive potential mate about.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I have no idea why I didn't expect to walk into these comments and find it to be brimming with cu-

Cu-

C-

Cu-

I can't do it. I'm too Canadian. ;___;

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
Jhonie said:
I'm from Sweden, and the Swedish language has this beautiful and extremely handy trait that lets you combine almost any two words to form a new one. It opens up a whole new world of insults. :D
The mark of a true national is that when you can craft a scathing remark or insult in that tongue without delving into vulgarities. For example, you pigswill drinking, ratfaced, hairy, gluttonous furniture makers in Sweden could probably craft a unique personally tailored put down for me that is a perfect response for the unreasonable tirade of aggression I started this example with.