"Unnecessary? Yes. Inefficient? Yes. Totally awesome? Hell yes."

Blaze the Dragon

Jan 8, 2010
We should extend this to all weapons that are awesome, but impractical. For instance, I heard that there was a weapon designed that was essentially a Rocket Launcher that fired nukes, but the problem was that it's firing range was smaller than it's blast radius.

There's also this drawing I made called N.E.D.
http://blaze-drag.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2ihq4o

oreopizza47

May 2, 2010
Anything out of the game Rogue Galaxy. Zegram and Jaster have their big ole swords that should require two-handed use, Deego has gigantic frikkin axes, Kisala's shoes count as weapons... and don't get me started on some of those guns, not even counting the fact that the bullets magically replenish.

Also, the Keyblade. What the hell... you can clearly see that it isn't sharp enough to cut anything, and yet it constantly splits heartless and other enemies clear in half. It's so crazy that it goes right through them and doesn't kill them.

LandoCristo

Apr 2, 2010
That extremely satisfying penis-extension gun that pins baddies to walls with entire trees, from Painkiller.

Yosato

Apr 5, 2010
linkzeldi said:
Yosato said:
The gun in Painkiller that shoots shurikens and lightning :D
You mean this?

Hell yes, the gun that fires stakes is also cool, I love it when there's like one guy left and you can crucify them to the wall xD

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
MadCapMunchkin said:
Fallout 3...Experimental MIRV...that is all...
YES!!!!!

OT The Scarab Gun from Halo 2 was pretty much one of the greatest guns ever. Hard to get to but shooting a gigantic beam of plasma that destroys everything it touches is amazing!!!!!

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
FURY_007 said:
That elephant looks very content to have chainguns mounted to it.

My vote will be for everything used by Bayonetta. Handguns and shotguns mounted to your wrists and ankles? That's not even the best, though, the best is when she has FREAKING ROCKET LAUNCHERS on her feet. Oh yeah, and they're built like spring-loaded tonfas, too, so you have to rotate them forward to fire them, so it's even more hilariously impractical. But HOLY CRAP do these things kick ass.

Apocalypse Tank

Aug 31, 2008
I believe I got you all beat
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=329406

edit: also,
http://www.laserlyte.com/new_products/New_PB_1.html

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Deathsong17 said:
I'm gonna have to go with the Painkiller freom Painkiller. Or, as I like to call it, the Clawesome Sauce.

It's a claw that rappidly spins and fire lazers. How the fuck it works is utterly beyond me, but who cares? It's just that awesome.
Even cooler is when you alternate alternate fire that fires the claw.

Btango

Feb 23, 2010
THE BFG 9000!!! The name alone is awesome, don't get to close you'll kill yourself

arbiter592

Jun 1, 2010
Experimental MIRV. the thing shoots eight, thats right, eight, mini nukes at the same time. Good luck not killing yourself, but if you do, everything goes bye-bye.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
The M920 Cain from Mass Effect

Yea it only has one shot (2 if you get all the ammo upgrades and I mean all of them) but it is total death for anything that finds itself within this baby's blast radius.

Although charging it is kinda annoying.

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
Also, don't forget the Equalizer from TF2; it is a freaking pickaxe, and at low enough health, you can kill a Heavy with one crit.

MachoFern

Jul 20, 2010
Grand Theft Auto 2

Nothing like grabbing an Ice Cream truck, attaching machine guns, and riding down the street blaring an ice cream jingle while mowing down civilians

Good times, good times

LightOfDarkness

Mar 18, 2010
Oh, and pretty much anything in Postal 2, including the apocalypse weekend expansion and a week in paradise mod. Example: anthrax infected cow head, ninja stars, syringes full of H1N1, boomerang machetes, holy hand grenades.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Gau-19 in Uncharted 2. It's a chaingun, causes you to walk slowly, delay between pulling the trigger and the gun firing, usually has little ammo, and enemies usually are already dead.

But it's a fucking chaingun!

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Samus's screw attack. It's a pain in the ass to kill some enemies with it, but it's AWESOME.
Freud was right.

OT: The Experimental MIRV. It's a ***** to find, repair and get ammo for and if you're within 30 metres of the blast radius you're sure to die. Nonetheless, if you use it properly it can get you out of any situation, no matter how dire.

Also, every weapon on this list.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AwesomeButImpractical