Unopened Earthbound Goes For $1000 on eBay

Aardvark Soup

Jul 22, 2008
Wouldukindly said:
Aardvark Soup said:
Wouldukindly said:
Is Earthbound any good *awaits to be killed*? Let me reword that. For someone who normally doesn't play JRPSs (I'm not really a fan of their artistic style) is it worth looking into?
Earthbound's artistic style is completely different from any JRPG, or even any game, you have ever played before. The game itself is surreal, weird, funny and completely awesome. If you don't like JRPG's the battle system and the small amount of required level grinding at the beginning of the game may turn you off at first but if you keep playing you probably don't care about that anymore.
Excellent, thank you, I'll look into emulators right away.
Normally I would be against pirating such a game but since it was never released in Europe and it is unlikely that it will come out on the VC because of some copyright issues with the music downloading this game is perfectly justified. And when you've finished it, make sure you also give Mother 3 a try, which is even better.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Captain Urahara said:
Wow . . . just wow. Earthbound is a great game, but there are much better things to spend $1000 on.
yeah, they should buy a ps3 and pre-purchase God of War 3.

Sir Broccoli

Sep 17, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
$1,025 - and .01 cents [http://cgi.ebay.com/EARTHBOUND-Super-Nintendo-BRAND-New-Factory-SEALED-SNES_W0QQitemZ290313422065QQcategoryZ139973QQcmdZViewItem].
NO! BAD! It's $1,025.01 which is NOT $1,025.0001.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
if i had 1000 dollars i could use on anything, i would be a ps3, then i would pre-purchase God of War 3, buy 2 more wii-motes (then i have 4) and buy SSBB. maybe COD4 and The Last Remnant too. oh, also pre-purchase Killing Floor.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
KaveKa said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
$1,025 - and .01 cents [http://cgi.ebay.com/EARTHBOUND-Super-Nintendo-BRAND-New-Factory-SEALED-SNES_W0QQitemZ290313422065QQcategoryZ139973QQcmdZViewItem].
NO! BAD! It's $1,025.01 which is NOT $1,025.0001.
On a check you write "and XX/100 cents." Same principle :p

Captain Gamer

Apr 5, 2009
With no sarcasm in my voice, I think this is great. If animation cells and movie props and some random celebrity's chewed up gum can be sold for lots, then it just goes to show that gaming culture is just as relevant.

That IS a lot of money, though. $8.70 USD for shipping!?

Sevre90210 said:
Wow. If I had a grand I wouldn't do it but if you were that crazy about a game go ahead. Personally I'd buy rare memorabilia instead. Like a Giant statue of Cloud or Marcus Fenix.
[Insert snobby, condescending old-schooler off-hand comment about the priorities of kids today]

Galduke

Jun 6, 2008
I once had an opportunity to purchase an unopened copy of Earthbound for a what now seems a measly $100 back in 07'... Damn.

SecretTacoNinja

Jul 8, 2008
I love Earthbound but.. wow. I wonder if the same guy bought that Mr Saturn that was selling for 150 quid...

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Galduke said:
I once had an opportunity to purchase an unopened copy of Earthbound for a what now seems a measly $100 back in 07'... Damn.
I think you can sell it easily for $300. Even if you had opened it.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Aquatopia said:
I'm sure they bought it for the un-scratched scratch-and-sniff cards in the player's guide.
But no pizza-scented air freshener...

WillSimplyBe

Mar 16, 2009
xD... worth it? I dunno. Without a doubt, the game is one of my favorite games ever, for just being totally so insane and off the wall, fighting such enemies as the "New Age-Retro Hippie" to trying to save your friend Paula from the crazy KKK- I mean- Happy Happyists cult-in their now blue cloaks and hoods...they are for Blue Power. Anyone who's played knows what I'm talking about, thats one of the most insane parts.

Its the only game where the protagonists are like 10 years old and it somehow works out like southpark from a 1990s JRPG standpoint....yeah...
Its crazy, its absurd, its worth it.

Also, Time Travel, Space Alliens, Blues Brothers, zombies, Evil Global Warming trash monsters, a valley of rabbit/moogle/face people with their own font, and an annoying brat.

DRADIS C0ntact

Mar 26, 2009
I can't believe that o_O

I bought this same exact package at walmart for $15 dollars back in the SNES days.

jp11

Oct 24, 2008
I can't believe it... I remember seeing that game in the bargain isle once upon a time for $10

mtk2a

Sep 11, 2008
Have to admit, it is a thing of beauty. Fresh unopened box, no wrinkles or creases, still retaining the original factory sheen.

I wouldn't pay $1000 for it myself, but I can understand why someone would.

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
That's a great shame because it means no one ever played it. That's sacrilege to the gaming gods. I have a copy of Earthbound, with the box and everything else in great condition. But there is no way I wouldn't play it.