Unpopular gaming opinions

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
My gaming life has increased in quality since I dropped the PC for gaming purposes and adopted the consoles instead.

BakedZnake

Sep 27, 2010
Iwata said:
My gaming life has increased in quality since I dropped the PC for gaming purposes and adopted the consoles instead.
*My life has increased in quality since I dropped the console controller and went outside instead.

There you go, fixed

Nantucket_v1legacy

acting on my best behaviour
Mar 6, 2012
I also think Portal was seriously overrated as well as Half Life 1 & 2. Whenever people talk to me about those games all I ever hear about is physic engines and I honestly don't care.

I don't hate EA. EA have never done wrong by me and whenever I have made a complaint in the past they have always gone out of their way to help. I recently broke one of my computer games - I rang EA, told them my games serial number and they let me have it on Origin at no extra cost. That's pretty damn good considering the fault was my own.

I like adventure games.
I would much rather play the Nancy Drew games than Call of Duty.

There are not enough decent Western & Mafia games out there.

BakedZnake

Sep 27, 2010
Nantucket said:
I don't hate EA. EA have never done wrong by me and whenever I have made a complaint in the past they have always gone out of their way to help. I recently broke one of my computer games - I rang EA, told them my games serial number and they let me have it on Origin at no extra cost. That's pretty damn good considering the fault was my own.
True that EA Origins customer services > Steam customer services

Machine Man 1992

Jul 4, 2011
The Call of Duty series is at it's best when it dispenses with realism and goes straight for silliness.

Voice work can make or break a game for me, which is part of the reason I dislike many games from Japan.

I thought Syndicate (2012) was actually pretty good.

Tachyon: The Fringe is the best space combat sim for the PC full stop.

While I hate CoD's style of leveled-unlock multiplayer, I thought Crysis 2 had the best rendition of it.

BlOps 2 is the best in the series.

Metal Gear Solid doesn't look at all appealing.

I think PC gaming, much like politics, is a rich man's game.

themind

Jan 22, 2012
Sega Genesis > SNES

Single Player > Multi Player. If your game has no redeeming single player value, than it is garbage. No excuse for an 8-10 hour campaign if I'm buying it new for $60.

Final Fantasy X was the best FF game.

Skyrim > Dark Souls

Bioshock was a fine game, I enjoy it.

Mass Effect sucks. All of them.

So does Halo.

Time Splitters is the best FPS multiplayer game on the previous gen consoles (PS2, XBOX, GC).

CoD's campaign is generic, there is absolutely nothing special about it.

GTA 4 was a great game.

Johann610

Nov 20, 2009
Anyone with the patience to handle some upgrades and the occasional driver issue doesn't NEED $2k in PC power to be good with it.