So my friends everyone has unpopular opionion. lets discuss about it

My unpopular opinion are:

Stalker is greatest FPS ever
Console gaming is useless
JRPG suck
Mario, zelda or any childish game suck
Most games that are above 95 on metacritics are terrible and are paid reviews
Mainstream media is Corrupt
GTA4 series is overrated series and Mafia is much better game than any gta has ever been.
Half life and Deus Ex are 2 of greatest franchise ever
Goldeneye was terrible game even at the time its released
Halo CE was one of the worst FPS ever

anyway what are your unpopular opinion?

Discuss

Skin

Dec 28, 2011
Stalker is worst FPS ever
PC gaming is useless
JRPG rule
Mario, zelda or any childish game rule
Most games that are above 95 on metacritics are awesome and are peer reviews
Mainstream media is uncorruptable
GTA4 series is underrated series and Mafia is much worse game than any gta has ever been.
Half life and Deus Ex are 2 of worst franchise ever
Goldeneye was great game even at the time its released
Halo CE was one of the best FPS ever

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Diesel- said:
I thought these were meant to be unpopular opinions? People regard Half Life to be the amongst the greatest FPS games ever.

Diesel- said:
Mario, zelda or any childish game suck
That's a bit more like it. So basically it's Nintendo you despise? Can I ask what it is you don't like about them?

OT: Star Wars & Lord of the Rings are alright at best. I couldn't really get into either of them.

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
Auron225 said:
I thought these were meant to be unpopular opinions? People regard Half Life to be the amongst the greatest FPS games ever.
Everyone knows that "Unpopular Opinion" threads are for stating opinions that have become downright cliche while pretending like we're cool by being counter-cultural.

My unpopular opinions:

I think slavery is wrong.
Hammers aren't tasty.
Puppies are cute.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Diesel- said:
Dude, stop making list threads and then putting "discuss" at the end. Give us an angle, give us something meaty to work with. Tell us why you don't like those games - I assume there's a story behind your opinions, so why not tell us what it is?

I'm not a fan of the Halo series, to be honest. I don't mean the fans, I mean most of the games don't really entice me. The first was great fun, but while my friends went gaga over the others in the series, I never really bothered with them. It was a few friendly split-screen games of Blood Gulch, then that was pretty much it.

I really want to like the Fable games, so much so that I probably give them more chances than a lot of people would say they deserve. The world of Albion is beautiful and promising, but the team need to get their act together, stop breaking promises and get a little more serious if they want to fully unleash its potential.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
BloodSquirrel said:
Auron225 said:
Everyone knows that "Unpopular Opinion" threads are for stating opinions that have become downright cliche while pretending like we're cool by being counter-cultural.

My unpopular opinions:

I think slavery is wrong.
Hammers aren't tasty.
Puppies are cute.
You madman! Everyone knows that slavery is tasty, hammers are cute and puppies are wrong!

Mohamed Medhat

Feb 3, 2013
Ezio is terribly written
AC II is overrated
Connor and Altair > Ezio
Uncharted is overrated
GTA V and IV are overrated
Red Dead Redemption is the best Open world game ever
Dragon Dogma's combat is pretty awesome
Saints Row is overrated
Mafia II was awesome

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Skin said:
That was awesome, thanks for the laugh XD

OT: I really liked Fable 2, hit a sweet spot for me despite the general panning I saw around the Internet. I thought it was cool being able to have your own life and hometown aside from the storyline. Shame the next in the series couldn't live up to it though.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
Mario has gotten stale
Jak and Daxter was superior to Ratchet and Clank
Okami is only okay
Dating more than one person is okay as long as all people are aware of the situation
I'm perfectly happy being an early adopter of the PS4
The Vita is a pretty cool console
Nintendo's handhelds are superior to their home consoles
Pokemon is no great shakes

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Auron225 said:
Diesel- said:
Yeah, and here I was getting all ready to rustle some more jimmies by saying I don't really like Half-Life.
Barbas said:
Barbas was the worst character in that game!!1!1!111!!!

Of course, he was one of the only actual characters in it.

OT: These are becoming very interesting threads, though I'm not sure that's for the reason the OP wants.

Anyway.

[ul][li]The Last of Us was a pretty good story wrapped up in a really sloppy game. The more I played of it, the less I wanted to continue playing, and after the midway point I just couldn't keep up the interest.[/li]

[li]Cheesecake is a pretty good dessert.[/li]

[li]TellTale make really good adventure games.[/li]

[li]Malted liquor is better than straight liquor.[/li][/ul]

EDIT: Also, Halo is one of my favorite FPS franchises ever.

carnex

Jan 9, 2008
ok, im ready to run for my life

Gamers, you owe everything to home computers, console creators copy much much more than inovate.
Half Life 2 is vastly inferior to first and has bad story
Alyx Vance is not a bad character because it's not even a character but rather a glorified WAIFU
Bishock Infinite would be vastly better if they focused on power of hatred that is central in second part of the game unintentionally.
Bioshock is uninteresting spiritual sequel to System Shock 2
Doom 2, in it's Brutal Doom 19 form, is still in top 5 single player FPS ever (not counting FPS/RPG hybrids like Stalker and DeusEx)
HALO is boring!

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
A helpful hint is that while those opinions may be "unpopular" in some places, on The Escapist it really isn't.

It would be unpopular to have the opinions be like this:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R is overrated trash.
PC Gaming is just a haven of elitism.
JRPGs are just as good (if not more so) than Western RPGs.
Nintendo titles are solid, well developed games with unique aesthetics.
Most games that are above 95 on Metacritic are probably deserving of their praise
The Gaming Media is corrupt.
GTA is an underrated series.
Half life and Deus Ex are bloated, overrated games.
Goldeneye still totally holds up.
Halo CE was revolutionary.

Are these my opinions? No, and some of them I can't have opinions of without being unfair.

But yeah, on a PC minded website, the above are much more likely to be unpopular than the original opinions.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
My unpopular opinions? wow..well, maybe if I..Yeah, run and gun.

I'm an Egalitarian Transhumanist Technocratic Pirate-Party supporter.
(I hope I'm allowed to state my political stance.)

Basically, I'm a progressive Atheist commie.

Also, Corporations have way too much power.

*runs and hides*

carnex

Jan 9, 2008
Here is one really unpopular i forgot to put in

Rape Lay, Battle Raper, Biko and similar games have right to exist and people who consume them are not some kind of human monstrosities.

And another i light of recent event

Calling some activity "our hobby" doesn't actually mean that people are "taking ownership" over it but rather that they partake in that activity.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
shrekfan246 said:
(...)Barbas was the worst character in that game!!1!1!111!!!

Of course, he was one of the only actual characters in it.

[HEADING=3]Victim of bad AI programming, 2011.[/HEADING]​

...And Half-Life looked like more fun in the alpha build!

JoJo said:
(...)I really liked Fable 2, hit a sweet spot for me despite the general panning I saw around the Internet. I thought it was cool being able to have your own life and hometown aside from the storyline. Shame the next in the series couldn't live up to it though.
While we're on the subject of the Fable games, Stephen Fry's become completely overrated! We're suffering from mass overexposure of Stephen Fry! Stephen Fry should stop voice acting and normal acting and doing things in general! God damn him. GOD FUCKING DAMN HIM!

Terria Mountain

Jul 7, 2014
Eh, why not

- I was bored with Zelda OoT within 1 hour of play.
- Max Payne 3 is one of the most tedious action games I've ever played.
- Assassins creed free-running is a nice idea, but is fairly clumsy in practise, and needs a fair amount of refinement, especially after so many iterations. p.s. a stealth game where you cannot at least crouch is not a stealth game (maybe that one's a popular opinion)
- I was happy to play as Raiden in MGS 2 (yes, the cartwheel helped)
- Videogames provide one of the shortest satisfaction periods of any activity I've tried, so I generally play them as a last resort now.
- Hogs of War is on the top 10 list of my best games ever (even if it is really just 3D worms with pigs and Rik Mayall)
- I don't enjoy any of the Sonic games.

Music:
- Phil Anselmo is one of the most immature, obnoxious and tasteless singers in the metal world. Pat Lachman is a significantly better singer.

- The Beatles bore me to tears. John Lennon and Paul McCartney are two of the most over-rated narcissists in any art form. George Harrison was the only Beatles member worth listening to.

-Creed was wannabe machismo drivel, on par with Nickelback; and their breakup, leading to Alterbridge was far and away the best thing to ever happen for the former band members.

-I rate Max Bemis and Ben Kowalewicz as lyricists, even though I don't always dig the sentiment. Kowalewicz I prefer.

-Christina Aquilera is one of the best pop singers and performers of all time, even if her style's not my personal taste.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
Isn't that basically every thread you make? :D

Personally, I am of the opinion that Bioshock Infinite is a video game that was released in 2013 to great critical acclaim and commercial success that some felt was unearned, but others were glad to see.