Unreal Tournament 3 Demo Now Available

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Unreal Tournament 3 Demo Now Available

The Unreal Tournament 3 [http://www.unrealtournament3.com/] Beta Demo is now available.

The demo for the highly-anticipated team-based FPS includes three maps: "HeatRay" and "ShangriLa" for Deathmatch action, and "Suspense" for Vehicle Capture the Flag, which includes nearly all the Axon vehicles as well as the Redeemer. All three maps can be played locally against bots, or online against humans opponents.

The demo was originally slated to go public at 3 pm EST, but Midway elected to let it go a little early. The file is 741 megabytes in size, and is available from Gamer's Hell [http://www.4players.de/4players.php/download_info/PC-CDROM/Download/46447.html]. Other sites may be available.

Unreal Tournament 3 is scheduled for a November release for the PC, followed by early 2008 dates for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
This is going to be fabulous! I haven't played since...hmm....UT2004 I think it was.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Can we put a hold on games coming out until next year please? I am just starting to enjoy all of Orange Box and I am back logged on a few other titles.

Sep 18, 2007
Oh man the game is amazing. My only complaint is that the base gameplay is a little to turbo'ed up for me compared to Unreal Tournament or even UT2k4, but it does bring an amazing feel that FPS in the past few years have been lacking, a true arcade frantic type of FPS multiplayer.

Halo 3 move over, the king is back.

Jaunty

Jul 28, 2006
From what I've played so far, Mer, it looks like you'll be getting your wish: the guy in that interview wasn't lying when he said there's nary a gun that takes more than six shots to drop a player. Gameplay feels a lot tighter and more intense, most noticeably in DM. I really liked UT2k4 for it's tongue-in-cheek over the top violence and humour, though, which it seems they've dropped here. A minor gripe, but I was sad to see it go.

Ian Dorsch

Jul 11, 2006
Yeah, it seems to play a lot closer to UT99 in terms of player speed/movement and weapon damage. Pretty much any of the weapons will carve you up in a hurry. With balanced teams, you can end up in some wicked stalemates on that VCTF map because it's so easy to drop a flag carrier.