Unreleased Duke Nuke Forever Renders Posted

JohnC

May 7, 2009
3D Realms resurrected the Apogee brand around the same time the Duke Nukem Trilogy was announced.

Also, a key detail that shouldn't be overlooked:

THESE ARE PORTFOLIO SHOTS.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
CosmicGrenade said:
Does noone read the update on the 3d realms being shut down?
heres a quote from it

Deep Silver and Apogee Software have issued the following statement: "Deep Silver and Apogee Software are not affected by the situation at 3D Realms. Development on the Duke Nukem Trilogy is continuing as planned."
Duke Nukem Trilogy is not Duke Nukem Forever. And these companies dont have the people to pick up DNF.

Andy_Panthro

Man of Science
May 3, 2009
Well thankfully you can still get Duke Nukem 3D from Good old Games (http://www.gog.com)

Definately the best of the series for me, was never a platformer type of guy.

I wonder if Duke Nukem Forever was really just some sort of elaborate money laundering scheme.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
Andy_Panthro said:
I wonder if Duke Nukem Forever was really just some sort of elaborate money laundering scheme.
Ding! We have a winner!

And as has been said, Trilogy is not DNF. Considering the true Duke Nukem trilogy ended with Duke Nukem 3D as it was the third game made by the people working on DNF. The fact that Broussard and company don't even own the rights to the character make the odds of them finishing DNF slim to nil, but it might be handed off to another DEV team to finish up. Which is probably a good thing.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Actually, Apogee never died. 3D Realms was launched as an Apogee brand but when FPS titles began to supplant platformers it was decided to flip things around; thus, the company became known as 3D Realms and the Apogee name was dropped. But the company's legal name was always Apogee. In fact, if you go to the 3D Realms website (which is still up, although not completely reliable) and check the bottom of the main page you'll see that everything there is copyrighted by Apogee Software, not 3D Realms.

Aug 13, 2008
CosmicGrenade said:
Does noone read the update on the 3d realms being shut down?
heres a quote from it

Deep Silver and Apogee Software have issued the following statement: "Deep Silver and Apogee Software are not affected by the situation at 3D Realms. Development on the Duke Nukem Trilogy is continuing as planned."
that's talking about the psp and ds games, not forever
unless forever is suddenly a trilogy

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Please, give me more Duke... I don't want to see that franchise die.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
This has completely renewed my confidence of this game ever being released.

...I'm serious!

Sigenrecht

Mar 17, 2008
Just when I thought anticipation extending from before my birth, into the abyssal eternity of pre-time would come to realization...

Fuck 3D Realms.