Unskippable: Aliens: Colonial Marines

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Tuesday Night Fever said:
Holy crap. Someone else actually remembers Run Like Hell!
That's because Graham and Paul did an Unskippable of Run Like Hell waaaaay back.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unskippable/599-Run-Like-Hell

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Don Reba said:
"And you will talk" - well done.
Whereas, my mind immediately went to "The Prisoner". He wants INFORMATION. INFORMATION... INFORMATION!
"Well, you won't get it!"

Random Wanderer

Apr 15, 2009
"Well there's your problem, you got all infested with developers."

I think you may indeed have nailed one of the core causes of this game's problems.

Like many of the folks above, I also laughed at "How do I door?"

tamaness

Sep 24, 2009
I always ask myself why they're using shitty analogue video equipment in these cutscenes, along with analog transmission methods. Unless the guy at the start of the scene accidentally turned on the "rolling static" filter on his video chat client.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
to be fair to future sci-fi people making references to old movies and whatnot...knowing Hollywood we'll have remakes of remakes of remakes long into the future lol

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
shrekfan246 said:
So, if past history is any indication, I'm led to believe that these cutscenes are generally taken from the Xbox 360 version of the games, right?

Because if so, seeing screen tearing in the console version of a game is... that's bad.
Yeah, I'm normally not too fussed about graphics, but MAN they need to have some V-sync on that thing!

Eruanno said:
"How do I door?" is a question I ask myself way too often.
'Tis a most important question, and one that crops up alarmingly commonly in games. Most often, you just have to get off the damn phone and doors magically open for you...

Mangod

Feb 20, 2011
Was it just me, or did anyone else get a LOT of screentearing in that video?

Edit: Aaaand... answered by shrekfan246 WAY before my post. Yeah, that looks... BAD.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
The Wizard of Oz quote is not all that weird...

People still quote Shakespeare.

Shit people quote the bible all the time. But I guess that's considerably different.