Unskippable: Assassin's Creed 3

xptn40S

Jan 11, 2011
Rex Dark said:
He hasn't absorbed the memories of any ancestors that knew how to carry crates yet.
Ah, but that's where you're wrong. There was a point early on in AC2 where Ezio was, in fact, carrying a box.

Although I guess that it could be argued that Desmond hasn't absorbed the necessary level of box-carrying-skills to be able to carry boxes himself. :p

xptn40S

Jan 11, 2011
Oh whoops, I seem to have accidentally pressed the quote button when I was looking for the edit button.

Just move along! Nothing to see here!

Keith Fraser

Mar 12, 2012
Implied Italian Sex = new band name.

Speaking of which, I like how those boxes make them look like a band looking for somewhere to set up for their gig.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I especially appreciated them telling me how action packed the van ride was!

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
xptn40S said:
Rex Dark said:
He hasn't absorbed the memories of any ancestors that knew how to carry crates yet.
Ah, but that's where you're wrong. There was a point early on in AC2 where Ezio was, in fact, carrying a box.

Although I guess that it could be argued that Desmond hasn't absorbed the necessary level of box-carrying-skills to be able to carry boxes himself. :p
He did?
I don't remember that...
Well, I guess not enough of that skill has been absorbed...
Not enough to name the game Boxcarriers Creed at least.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
The Gentleman said:
Gammaj4 said:
The Gentleman said:
Has anyone noticed that Desmond only has male ancestors?
I was going to argue that influential women, while not unheard-of, have been relatively few and far between for most of history, but then I remembered that this is a series in which the main character enters the memories of his ancestrors through his DNA. Realism has long since ceased to be a priority of any kind.

Bring on the animus-powered genderbend!
Not to mention that the Assassins have been remarkably progressive in terms of gender equality and the few female characters of note outside the Assassins were all very strong women, and Ezio's second game has him bedding one (Christina) before he even makes Rome in the greatest "why exactly do we have to get all this gear again" explanations ever...
minor nitpick: that was Caterina Sforza that Ezio had just nailed at the beginning of Brotherhood, but you're otherwise spot on. I believe the first two apprentices you get in Brotherhood are women, as are, I think, half of the Assassin recruit side missions in Revelations.
Aptspire said:
"Only if their life was cool"
Actually, at one point, Rebecca writes that she tred the Animus, but her ancestor was a redcoat on a firing line, and it was just too boring...
I remember that from either AC:II or Brotherhood, but I think she said Hessian (or was it Prussian?).
Rblade said:
you, miss, have a funny hat!
They could have also had Minerva say "Pull my finger" or "Kneel before Zod!", but I think those were too obvious.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Thunderous Cacophony said:
OT: Surprised you didn't tear apart the foggy 'weather' outside the van. Seriously, every cutscene in the van is just them sitting there, driving through that think white soup, with the same damn tree passing them every 6 seconds.
Also when they get out of the van it's a bright sunny day.

nondescript

Oct 2, 2009
My first thought as the game started:
"Uh... it's December 25th. Threat of impending doom somewhat lessened."

My second thought: (lifted almost exactly from MST3K's Time Chasers)
"Wait, this isn't the star, is it? I will not accept this as the star! Sorry!"

Apr 28, 2008
Gammaj4 said:
The Gentleman said:
Has anyone noticed that Desmond only has male ancestors?
I was going to argue that influential women, while not unheard-of, have been relatively few and far between for most of history, but then I remembered that this is a series in which the main character enters the memories of his ancestrors through his DNA. Realism has long since ceased to be a priority of any kind.

Bring on the animus-powered genderbend!
There's also the fact that they pick characters for you to play as from history who either don't exist, or drop off the history books. So there really isn't any reason why we shouldn't be able to play as a woman.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Rex Dark said:
xptn40S said:
Rex Dark said:

He did?
I don't remember that...
Well, I guess not enough of that skill has been absorbed...
Not enough to name the game Boxcarriers Creed at least.
Boxcarriers Creed 2: Moving Day
Boxcarriers Creed 3: Holy Kreptackles! More Boxes?!

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I wanted to finish this game before 12/21/12 lol...but I'll have to settle for before 12/21/13 :0 been meaning to finish this game haha

JonnWood

Jul 16, 2008
Fun fact; according to the Far Cry 3 DLC, AC and FC3 may be taking place in the same universe.

Given that the game also hints that it takes place in the same universe as Modern Warfare, the timeline would get very complicated.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
Gaahhhh I know this is weird to notice but what the heck is wrong with the faces of everyone on this game. Especially Rebecca (i think thats her name), did some smash her face in with a shovel in revelations?