Unskippable: Assassin's Creed: Revelations - Part One

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Assassin's Creed: Revelations - Part One

The further adventures of Blandy McBlanderson and his friends with swords.

Watch Video

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
I like how they gloss over the fact that Desmond stabbed his girlfriend at the end of the last game...

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
The Gentleman said:
I like how they gloss over the fact that Desmond stabbed his girlfriend at the end of the last game...
To be fair, Desmond and Lucy never quite got to the relationship stage before she got killed.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Mstrswrd said:
The Gentleman said:
To be fair, Desmond and Lucy never quite got to the relationship stage before she got killed.
It's not entirely clear she's dead. You have a good ten minutes to bleed out from the abdomen (baring an artery nick) before you dies from blood loss.

Plus, she was definitely the default romantic interest of the game. Development means nothing in this world...

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Wait, what? I thought everyone wanted to wake up to the dulcet tones of Q.

And yeah, Desmond certainly does look stranger in this game, I think an alternate universe-Evil Desmond would be a decent explanation.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
shrekfan246 said:
Wait, what? I thought everyone wanted to wake up to the dulcet tones of Q.

And yeah, Desmond certainly does look stranger in this game, I think an alternate universe-Evil Desmond would be a decent explanation.
Of course, everyone wants to hear the voice of Dis- I mean, Q...

Dickdatduck

Aug 2, 2011
The Gentleman said:
They do address it later.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
You guys are right. I would be pretty sarcastic if I was trapped in a computer forever.

SlightlyEvil

Jan 17, 2008
The Gentleman said:
Mstrswrd said:
The Gentleman said:
It's not entirely clear she's dead. You have a good ten minutes to bleed out from the abdomen (baring an artery nick) before you dies from blood loss.

Plus, she was definitely the default romantic interest of the game. Development means nothing in this world...
It's stated explicitly later in the game that she died.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
SlightlyEvil said:
The Gentleman said:
Mstrswrd said:
The Gentleman said:

THANKS FOR RUINING THE GAME FOR ME...

Eh... at least something interesting happened between them...

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
I'm much more of a fan of white hoodie Desmond.
And thus am happy he woke up the same.
The black version seems like a needlessly cliché mourning nod to Lucy.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I'm still trying to trudge my way through the first AC, since people tell me 2 is much better. I knew this video would probably ruin something from any of the preceding three games, and I still watched it. That's how much I love this series. You're welcome.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
[/quote]

So you buy the DLC to find out the truth about Lucy

TheBobmus said:
The black version seems like a needlessly cliché mourning nod to Lucy.
or an attempt to get AC fans to buy to replica hoodies!
The Gentleman" post="6.372657.14380710 said:
I mock, but I've bought the DLC and the hoodie!

Jan 12, 2012
The Gentleman said:
SlightlyEvil said:
The Gentleman said:
Mstrswrd said:
The Gentleman said:

THANKS FOR RUINING THE GAME FOR ME...

Eh... at least something interesting happened between them...
Main character coming off as a blob with no personality to speak of? Why not try all-new GIRLFRIEND-MURDER[sup]TM[/sup]? Yes, GIRLFRIEND-MURDER[sup]TM[/sup] is specifically designed to get your fanbase mildly interested in what turns out to be the main character of the series. If you don't see results in 4-6 games, just send it back; we offer a full-retcon guarantee. (Note: Warranty is render invalid if you make a game with an Aboriginal badass.)

On topic, "Basic physics"? While I'm not employed at CERN, I'm fairly certain 'giant floating monoliths' do not come under that heading.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Ok I haven't been playing the Assassin's Creed games, so who the hell was that? No, not Desmond, I know who Desmond is, I mean the other guy.

Also yeah, waking up to the voice of John De Lanci is never a good sign.

Mylinkay Asdara

Waiting watcher
Nov 28, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
Ok I haven't been playing the Assassin's Creed games, so who the hell was that? No, not Desmond, I know who Desmond is, I mean the other guy.

Also yeah, waking up to the voice of John De Lanci is never a good sign.
It's 16 - if you haven't been playing the games that probably doesn't mean much but here:

He's the experiment before Desmond - dies as a result of too much time in the Animus @ the hands of the Templars in Abstergo. He leaves "The Truth" clues you find throughout the first games.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
This only confirms my theory that the assassins are the real bad guys in Assassins Creed and the Templar are just the same sort of thing with worse PR