Unskippable: Assassin's Creed: Rogue - Corporate Espionage

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Assassin's Creed: Rogue - Corporate Espionage

What happened to my game about stabbing people in the throat in historical settings?

Watch Video

Jan 12, 2012
So why did they give you a tablet? I mean, your brain is clearly fried to the point where you just wander around blindly agreeing to be plugged back into the apparently virus-riddled mainframe, what are you supposed to do with an iPad?

Also, now I really want to play an Assassin's Creed game where you play a corporate drone who finally gets fed up with office politics, teaches himself assassination with the Animus, makes a hidden blade in the 3D printer, and decides he's going to remove every problematic person in the company. It's like Office Space, but more ludonarratively satisfying.

Absimilliard

Only you can read this.
Nov 4, 2009
Yeah, Rogue is probably my least favourite AC, which is saying something after ACIII. Not the gameplay, mind, that's just copy-pasted from Black Flag, and is as fun as always (though it has more chase-missions, which I thoroughly hate). But the story and characters are equally unlikeable.
"Hey, you sent me to kill innocent people!"
"Uhm, no. We didn't know that would happen."
"You lie!"
"How would we know that would happen?"
"Don't confuse me!" *Kills everyone and joins the Templars*
Meanwhile, in the future, you can meet the threatening guy, the insulting and smug lady and the lady who has clearly been popping happy-pills since she was recruited to the Templars.
Fun, fun, fun

I recommend replaying Black Flag instead. If you care about the story (which I do, which caused me to get the game), I recommend just checking the wiki. The important stuff can be summed up in about a paragraph for each time period featured in the game. And not a particularly large paragraph at that.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
If the elevators are broken, does that mean that the "Go team!" lady is stuck in one? She did get in just before they broke.

If there are no stairs then a single fire could kill everyone in the building. The Assasin order should really invest in Molotov cocktails.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Thus we see the fundamental design flaw of having everything in the building controlled by the wifi.

Johnny Thunder

May 18, 2014
I like Ass Creed Rogue rather well (it's good playing a Templar for once and put those arrogant Assassins in their place) but this modern day subplot... I just pretend it doesn't exist.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Corporate backstabbing.... WITHOUT real knives?
From what crazy alternate universe do you hail, guys?!!! :O

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
It was odd that the hacking puzzles would show you all that classified material, and the puzzles themselves weren't too difficult, depending on how many sections of the sphere you had to light up. I laughed at the glitches remarks, and I just know you're really going to let Unity have it.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
So, are you playing the same Office drone from Black Flag, or is this a replacement Office drone?

Also, I suspect the angry lady is actually an assassin. Considering she suggests "hey, if you wanna go mess around with your coworkers terminals(despite a massive virus problem), knock yourself out". when she's supposed to be there to "improve" security.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Wow, they really do act like Nameless Protagonist is completely brain-dead, don't they? Even the voice inflection says, "You're too stupid to actually comprehend what I'm saying, so I hope you'll get my meaning if I say it like this."