Unskippable: Atelier Ayesha

Apr 28, 2008
Zhukov said:
It took me a while to realise that the "Oink-Mooo"s were actually in the game and not coming from you guys.

Also, did the scholar's voice sound familiar to anyone else?
Oh thank god, it wasn't just me.

And yeah, the scholar's voice is familiar. He voices quite a few people in various anime series, and a bit from games. He gets around.

Joshroom

Oct 27, 2009
Ahhh, you know you're in for a good Unskippable when its an Atelier game. Seriously, there have been like 5 of these games now. Why are the cutscenes still so low budget?

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
RyQ_TMC said:
canadamus_prime said:
Of course of the 4 Atelier girls we've seen it was only Totori that blew things up.
It was an experience which defined a generation.
It's interesting to note that Totori apparently becomes Meruru's instructor, but Meruru doesn't blow anything up.
No, Meruru did once screw up and explode something.

So anyway, I was waiting for an Unskippable of this game just to say this:
I think "Oink-Moo" would've been a good name for the 50/50 burger.
The burger where the meat is a 50/50 mix of ground beef and ground bacon.

Strife2GFAQs

Apr 13, 2009
Keithgriff (the scholar) was voiced by Richard Epcar (Batou in Ghost in the Shell). Needless to say, the game is badass just cause he's in it. I did just use Atelier and badass in the same sentence. Ayesha is definitely not Michelle Ruff. Ruff does play someone else in the game though.

OINK-MOO!

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
I so don't get the point of these games. I was laughing at the video, not because of anything Graham or Paul said, but more of how middle school shy girl fantasy this is.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Always wanted to buy these games because the art does look beautiful(the special event pics) and even though I did watch all the unskippable atelier takes, it still makes me want to buy them.

Except for this one since not even the fans seem to like it much.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Was Graham laughing everytime Oink Moo came up or was that a sound effect?

How does Paul know lots of scholars?

That animal thing should have been a cowpig, it would have been much cuter that way.

Yal

We are a rattlesnake
Dec 22, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
Love the Unskippable series on Atelier games. Just how many are there of those games?!
They crank them out on a yearly release cycle. This is number seven of the mainline English releases, it seems to be setting into a third trilogy. But there's also a bunch of PS1 and PS2 releases that were never localized, plus handheld entries, and the spinoff Mana Khemia series...

I hope they never stop. Gust JRPGs make for the best Unskippables.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
With the dark mysterious elder male figure, the on-key flute guy and dialog not using still images with text boxes I was worried this wasn't going to be a true Atelier game... Thankfully it wasn't so.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Roofstone said:
This game has the best sound effects I have ever heard.. Oink-moo just kept me laughing for some reason..
Some reason? You mean you don't know why it's funny? Oink mooooo is about as close you can get to objectively funny.

Like I might actually buy the game just so I can have more oink mooooos in my life. How fun is the actual game, anyway?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Strife2GFAQs said:
Keithgriff (the scholar) was voiced by Richard Epcar (Batou in Ghost in the Shell). Needless to say, the game is badass just cause he's in it. I did just use Atelier and badass in the same sentence. Ayesha is definitely not Michelle Ruff. Ruff does play someone else in the game though.

OINK-MOO!
I thought that was Epcar as the older guy! I thought Ruff was the narrator in this game.
RatherDashing89 said:
Pig-cow sounds like an animal from Avatar:TLA.
I think it is. There's that farm with a whole menagerie of pig-hybrid animals.

RatherDashing89

Jan 11, 2013
Darth_Payn said:
RatherDashing89 said:
Pig-cow sounds like an animal from Avatar:TLA.
I think it is. There's that farm with a whole menagerie of pig-hybrid animals.
Oh no. Oh no. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdh_ISiBC-I
What have you done????

I just remembered that episode. It was called Zuko Alone. I did not need that level of feels this early in the day.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Everytime I see that Unskippable is doing an Atelier game, I know I'm going to laugh my ass off.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Mydnyght said:
canadamus_prime said:
RyQ_TMC said:
canadamus_prime said:
Of course of the 4 Atelier girls we've seen it was only Totori that blew things up.
It was an experience which defined a generation.
It's interesting to note that Totori apparently becomes Meruru's instructor, but Meruru doesn't blow anything up.
No, Meruru did once screw up and explode something.
She does? I don't remember that. Of course I've only seen the Unskippables, haven't actually played the games.

LordVyreth

Jan 22, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
Well this guy is different from the academics you've met Paul
he's a Rhodes scholar.
Somebody needs to recognize how gloriously awful that pun was, and I guess that someone is me. Well done.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
She does? I don't remember that. Of course I've only seen the Unskippables, haven't actually played the games.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unskippable/6379-Atelier-Meruru-Part-Three
Well, there you go. Meruru starts screwing up at 1:43, and the explosion happens at around 2:45.

Captcha: Fantasy Football on NFL.com
DAMN, that was a long Captcha... ._.