Unskippable: Atelier Rorona

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Obscure JRPGs are always the most hilarious Unskippable eps. Fantastic.

Hashime said:
Well it is good astrid id giving jobs to the mentally ill.

Also, why do the characters look 20ish in the cut scene and 12 walking around?
During travel they enter super-deformed mode [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_deformed].

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
webrunner said:
Pretty much every game in the series is named like this.

The only games with worse sounding names are Squaresoft's recent latin mathematics kick, the Y's: The Ark of Nephistim, and Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel
I had to Google that last one to make sure you weren't joking. That has to win some kind of prize.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
I'm really hoping she kicks ass at Alchemy cause with those socail skills you'd be canned from just about every job there is.

Good god the writing makes me want to scream, I'm not a writer myself but jeez!

Great episode though, I laughed my ass off during this one.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Huh, some of the most awkward dialogue I've ever heard. Doofy soundtrack didn't really help either...anywho, a fine episode gents, though really a terribly unappealing game, to myself atleast.

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
My reaction to everything that happened in that cutscene: "What the fuck?"
This was the best recent episode.

archabaddon

Jan 8, 2007
Wow, condolences you had to wade your way through that steaming pile of fecal matter. And I know my piles of steaming fecal matter, believe you me!

Seriously, WTH kind of wizardly hand-waving was that backstory anyhow? :/

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
icyneesan said:
People not hearing about Atelier series makes me sad D:
Same....

Anyway, maybe it's cuz I've always found this art direction charming, but I found myself laughing a lot harder at the commentary this week. Seriously, I was literally laughing out loud every 20 seconds. The observation of the motionless door was especially hilarious.

Also, is that Liam O' Brien I hear playing the messenger?

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Well, as stupid as that title sounded, at least it didn't have "wanzer" in it.

And what kind of door does NOT open at all?!

TheAmazingHobo

Oct 26, 2010
The thing is, if you can enjoy or at least tolerate the art direction, the games are actually REALLY good.

Mydnyght said:
And what kind of door does NOT open at all?!
The Alchemists have obviously managed to master the quantum-tunneling effect, thus doing away with the time-consuming and often confusing act of opening a wooden door.
Duh.

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
Falseprophet said:
I had to Google that last one to make sure you weren't joking. That has to win some kind of prize.
Well, at least it isn't as long as the Japanese name... >> "Aru Toneriko Surī: Sekai Shūen no Hikigane wa Shōjo no Uta ga Hiku" No joke... The series IS good though, in particular the music :p

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
Falseprophet said:
Obscure JRPGs are always the most hilarious Unskippable eps. Fantastic.

Hashime said:
Well it is good astrid id giving jobs to the mentally ill.

Also, why do the characters look 20ish in the cut scene and 12 walking around?
During travel they enter super-deformed mode [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_deformed].
Things like that are why I can never get into Japanese media, with the exception of some well made video games.

thepsychogamer

Oct 22, 2008
The title isn't to bad, compared to recently annouce Atelier Meruru: Alchemists of Arland 3.

Still waiting on Atelier Totori to get a US release to

(PS, Elric brothers have nothing on the Atelier Iris alchemists).

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
webrunner said:
Pretty much every game in the series is named like this.

The only games with worse sounding names are Squaresoft's recent latin mathematics kick, the Y's: The Ark of Nephistim, and Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel
You know what? Maybe Unskippable should do that last game you mentioned. From what I understand, one of the first characters you see is a woman with so much muscle, she looks more like a man in drag than a woman.