Unskippable: Atelier Rorona

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
HankMan said:
Who names their kid "workshop"?
MatParker116 said:
Edward Elric she is not
More like Alphonse,
If she actually got trapped inside a suit of armor that would be hilarious!
Yeah, but she'd probably just phase through it like she did with the door.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
Another great episode guys. Seems to me like you have really returned to from here in the last few months.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
I like how from the walking animation to the dialog picture she went up 2 bra sizes. Oh Anime...

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
Wow, that game's art looked a lot like Tales of Symphonia. Backgrounds AND characters.

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
Hashime said:
Also, why do the characters look 20ish in the cut scene and 12 walking around?
Actually it's more like they look 12 in the cutscenes and 6 walking around, which just makes the incredibly short skirt all the more disturbing.

klasbo

Nov 17, 2009
The juxtaposition of the cheerful accordion music and the content of the line "ancient relics, called the machines, were discovered among the ruins" is something I found.. peculiar.
You see, I was imagining the Terminator movies set to this music.

As for Graham's "It's a funny story", I was expecting Story Guy to make a short reappearance. But "Shut up, that's why!" is also worthy.

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
At least there wasn't a Gae Bolg....right?

Also, the SHUT UP, THAT'S WHY! (or however you said it) bit was quite lulz.

DaisukeVulgar

May 6, 2009
It's a shame, really. I loved the Atelier Iris trilogy, but just couldn't get into this game. It played like Atelier Annie, the DS game. I think I made it a few months in, and just lost all will to play it. It's more alchemy-based, than battle-based.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
Awesome episode. I've never heard of this game before in my life though lol.

The graphics resemble those of Dark Cloud 2, and therefore it intrigues me. A brief look into Wikipedia makes me say that I don't think I'd get the game, but it looks like Japan really freaking loved it when it came out. lol maybe one day.

Strife2GFAQs

Apr 13, 2009
This is one of the few times they watch a cutscene from a game I just beat last week...anyway.

1. Liam O'Brien voices the messenger, with the most awesome stupid name in existence: Sterkenburg.

2. Think of these games like the polar opposite of Persona. It has the same day to day sim structure, but there's no sense of impending doom, no insane difficulty, nor villain to speak of. Seriously, the only semblance of a bad guy is some old fart playing pranks on random days. It is also like Persona in the sense it is the most addicting game I've played since P4.

3. Leave it to Anime Fantasy Adventures (screw the JRPG label, I like this better) to not only have low budget animation standards, but to also be the only genre where Graham and Paul return to prominence. I keep wishing they would review FFX-2, but I'm guessing they know it makes fun of itself.