Unskippable: Atelier Rorona

sturminator77

Nov 19, 2009
i got a kick outa this cause my friend has it and i was watching thinking it called for an unskippable . Also the door thing reminds me of Dark Cloud. Wait how long has Dark Cloud been out? Like 10 years, way to go jrpg makers 10 years and a completely new system and you still can't manage to animate a door opening. At least they play a door opening noise so you can tell someone entered.

TheAmazingHobo said:
The thing is, if you can enjoy or at least tolerate the art direction, the games are actually REALLY good.

Mydnyght said:
And what kind of door does NOT open at all?!
The Alchemists have obviously managed to master the quantum-tunneling effect, thus doing away with the time-consuming and often confusing act of opening a wooden door.
Duh.
wait if they use quantum-tunneling why is there a door opening sound?

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
This was absolutely hilarious. Had me laughing pretty darn well. XD

HOWEVER

Everything you guys did was completely underminded once Liam O'Brien came in. <3

Birthe

Apr 26, 2010
I was thinking that, now they ran that alchemy shop for quite a while and she seems to have been the apprentice for at least more than one day, so appearantly they never had any customers in all this time 'cause there must be a reason why she absolutely s++ks with customers, or maybe her master kept her in the backroom all the time cause she finds her so embarassing.

Rorona had me thinking of One Piece though... like Roronoa Zoro...

SenorNemo

Mar 14, 2011
I'm surprised they didn't comment on Rorona's hilariously flat facial expression on the actual in-game model. Also, moe? In my rpg? Mon dieu...

And yet I still kinda want to find out what happens next <_<

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I'm guessing she doesn't deal with the customers very often, which makes me wonder, just what does she do at that workshop?

Loved the Scooby Doo impressions guys.

emusega

Jan 17, 2011
Ok, that was a really good one. I don't mean to bash on the other unskippables, they were fine, but this one cracked me up :)

I wonder how much this way too goofy game can be blamed for it, though.

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
Hah, and just last week I suggested that you fellows stop with the wordless action games that give you nothing to work with and do a hilarious JRPG. If you took my advice, thank you. If you did this on your own volition, then all the better.
webrunner said:
Pretty much every game in the series is named like this.

The only games with worse sounding names are Squaresoft's recent latin mathematics kick, the Y's: The Ark of Nephistim, and Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel
Everyone, please do not try Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel, it's like Bayonetta but with lolis. 'nuff said

Ryuzaki

The Public Face of L
Nov 5, 2008
I think that this episode is one of the best that you have done for a while. I laughed for almost its entirety, a great episode.

PaulaG

Jun 16, 2009
Awesome....simply awesome

I love the Scooby Doo jokes...which really aren't as funny written out.....

Very good episode guys! JRPG's do loan themselves well to this, don't they?

ghall89

Oct 22, 2008
Was not expecting this, but I pretty much laughed through the whole thing. Loved the game but the story is rather incoherent.

ShenCS

Aug 24, 2010
Anyone else love it best when they do JRPGs? Maybe because they're such easy targets, but they always come out with the best material.
Except space Russians. That was class.