Unskippable: BEYOND: Two Souls

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
4,296
0
0
BEYOND: Two Souls

Graham and Paul go beyond with BEYOND: Two Souls.

Watch Video
 
Jan 12, 2012
2,114
0
0
Almost 4 minutes before an Ellen Page reference; you did better than Yahtzee and most other people talking about this game.

Also, I would like to have breakfast now, but I haven't gotten a call from Willem Dafoe confirming my kitchen is safe. Any idea what his timeline is like today?
 

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
4,286
0
0
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Almost 4 minutes before an Ellen Page reference; you did better than Yahtzee and most other people talking about this game.

Also, I would like to have breakfast now, but I haven't gotten a call from Willem Dafoe confirming my kitchen is safe. Any idea what his timeline is like today?
He's only just gotten round to calling me to confirm that I can post on the forums, so he's a little behind today.

Also I've never played a David Cage game before, but from what I've heard I'm guessing the actual gameplay is completely identical to that cutscene with random flashes of "press X to continue"
 

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
4,296
0
0
DAMNIT JODIE! Now NO ONE will be having S.W.A.Ty balls for Christmas!
Was nice of her to let the door man live.
 

008Zulu_v1legacy

New member
Sep 6, 2009
6,019
0
0
The Swat family practice tactical exercises, mine just gets together for family lunch once a month.

P.S, Isn't about time for another confusing anime adventure time game?
 

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
14,334
0
0
Why is a SWAT team assaulting a local sheriff's office? Couldn't they just call him up and say "Hey we're coming for the girl."?
Nice of her to let the sheriff guy live though.
 

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
513
0
0
Wilhem Defoe: Secret Agent, would totally play that.
Though its just going to be calling people, telling them to wait for you, and getting there after everything happens. Though the last part where you go bat$#!%-crazy will totally make up for the frustrating 4/5 of the game. With nobody waiting for you because they don't know what they are getting into.
 

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
24,760
0
0
Secret agent or not, I would play the hell out of a Willem DeFoe game.

What IS the paperwork for a paranormal attack that slaughters an entire family of Swats?
 

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
1,262
0
0
I hereby decree that all SWAT Teams hereby be known by the name Twat Seam: Anagram Division.

Either that, or ?Twas Meat.
 

RatherDashing89

New member
Jan 11, 2013
62
0
0
I can't believe people made such a big deal out of Ellen Page being in this and I never even heard that Dafoe was in it. People need to get their priorities straight.
 

MowDownJoe

New member
Apr 8, 2009
464
0
0
RatherDashing89 said:
I can't believe people made such a big deal out of Ellen Page being in this and I never even heard that Dafoe was in it. People need to get their priorities straight.
It was the only thing about the game Jim Sterling was excited about prior to release. Hell, his review even called Dafoe "criminally underused".
 

Mylinkay Asdara

Waiting watcher
Nov 28, 2010
934
0
0
RatherDashing89 said:
I can't believe people made such a big deal out of Ellen Page being in this and I never even heard that Dafoe was in it. People need to get their priorities straight.
Yeah, but I think the difference is that Dafoe was in it on purpose, Page apparently not so much.
 

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
1,786
0
0
I'm surprised with everything surrounding the end of this scene (which was in the trailer, let's plays and now this) that i haven't seen a single reference to firefights or firefights that had previously taken place in the current area :/
 

Frozengale

New member
Sep 9, 2009
761
0
0
That looks like it could be an interesting movie. But doesn't MovieBob usually handle those?
 

Yossarian1507

New member
Jan 20, 2010
681
0
0
"Please, can we get Beyond Two Souls"

Graham, you said something almost completely identical at the beginning of one of the previous episodes of Checkpoint on PATV. I'm trying to figure out, what is the meaning behind this? You mean it as "can we get it, because it's good and we should play it" or rather "can we get beyond Two Souls and just stop thinking about it forever"? Or maybe something completely different?

BTW - great episode. And yes, I would totally play a Willem Defoe Secret Agent game.
 

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
999
0
0
Ah, some subtle education for your American viewers. Well done. You should do this more often.
 

UNHchabo

New member
Dec 24, 2008
535
0
0
So... the mouth animations seemed very strange to me. Was the audio out-of-sync, or is David Cage bad at the one thing he claims to be good at?

I also love that the coffee stain on the wall appeared all at once, with no spray. In any other game I would give it a pass, but coming from David "Polygons!" Cage?
 

anonymity88

New member
Sep 20, 2010
337
0
0
Yossarian1507 said:
"Please, can we get Beyond Two Souls"

Graham, you said something almost completely identical at the beginning of one of the previous episodes of Checkpoint on PATV. I'm trying to figure out, what is the meaning behind this? You mean it as "can we get it, because it's good and we should play it" or rather "can we get beyond Two Souls and just stop thinking about it forever"? Or maybe something completely different?
I read it the same as the way Yahtzee discussed it in his ZP review, as in beyond two souls, so like 3 souls, or dare we dream, 4!?
 

Makabriel

New member
May 13, 2013
547
0
0
From what I understand what we just watched was probably the most exciting part of the game. A shame too. Looks pretty cool.