Unskippable: Borderlands 2

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Borderlands 2

Join Graham and Paul as they learn about vaults and the people who hunt them.

Watch Video

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
"Uh... Mr. Jack? I have a question: Why are we doing all this? I mean, this seems to be an offly large dedication of resources for... whatever it is we're doing... I mean, wouldn't it be more cost effective to just send someone to follow them and then kill them when they find what we're looking for/trying to protect?"

Magikarp

Jan 26, 2011
Pandora: full of poop. Paul, you should really become a travel agent.
Also, is it really hunting when the vault just sits there & waits for people?

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I'll say this for Pandora, they have a great PR team! I mean, they hire little people as their dual-assault rifle-wielding gunzerkers!

Halfstache

Feb 3, 2012
The Gentleman said:
"Uh... Mr. Jack? I have a question: Why are we doing all this? I mean, this seems to be an offly large dedication of resources for... whatever it is we're doing... I mean, wouldn't it be more cost effective to just send someone to follow them and then kill them when they find what we're looking for/trying to protect?"
You forgot to mention the part where Hyperion owns the respawning system that keeps bringing the Vault Hunters back to life when they die.

redknightalex

Elusive Paragon
Aug 31, 2012
I loved the opening for Borderlands 2 but this is one the better commentaries I've heard from you guys.

But, let's recap:

Borderlands: Vault 1.0 (It had some issues)
Borderlands 2: Vault 2.0 (more social media! ...meh)
Borderlands 3: OTV (One True Vault)
Borderlands 4: Revenge of the Skags!

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
The Gentleman said:
"Great idea! You know what, for suggesting such a great idea, I'll assign you to do it. And guess what, there's a new group of them coming in. So I'll just send you off to do that now. You better hurry, you have a train to catch!"

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
THANK YOU. I'm so sick of everyone talking about what a great villain Handsome Jack is when nothing he does makes any sense.

Also, I lost it at "Well, that's what gunzerking is".

coolbond

Mar 1, 2011
we still have DLC 4 to take care of.

i hope for the hyperion moon base and the return of jack and the the guy that died(not saying more else it would be spoilers).

Namechangeday

Aug 13, 2012
I bet hansome Jack is one of those rich guys who can build a replica of england underground only to destroy it. Why else would he decide to use expensive methods to kill vault hunters?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
6th And Silver said:
THANK YOU. I'm so sick of everyone talking about what a great villain Handsome Jack is when nothing he does makes any sense.
A cartoonish supervillain not making any sense in his actions? Thank God you warned me. That would totally ruin the immersion of a down to earth video game about insane guns, psychic powers, and scads and scads of unobtanium!

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Zachary Amaranth said:
6th And Silver said:
A cartoonish supervillain not making any sense in his actions? Thank God you warned me. That would totally ruin the immersion of a down to earth video game about insane guns, psychic powers, and scads and scads of unobtanium!
Oh, I get the game's crazy tone. But judging from a lot of threads from a few months back (when the game had just been released) a lot of people on this site don't.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
From today's video, I got 2 impressions:
1) Borderlands 1 had a dissapointing ending, probably with some BS "It's not the destination but the journey, Maaaaaaan!" message. My rebuttal to that is [GUNSHOT] "WHERE"S THE DAMN TREASURE?! If we're talking Vaults, I'll settle for a friggin' Piece of Eden by now."

2) Handsome Jack is very bad at his job. He makes the morons who ran Umbrella Corp. look like geniuses.

Next week: Assassin's Creed III?

captcha: It is different
Well, at least the characters are.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
You know, I think you're being too harsh on this Jack fella. If you look at his billboard, the two missing pieces as perfectly symmetrical, so it's unlikely they were just missing; they were deliberately removed, maybe to give it an "edgier" feel. And as for his plan, well, if his guys had won, he just didn't set off the bomb, and wouldn't be out of a train. I appreciate someone who is willing to go all the way.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
"Good PR, Bad strategy team"
-Handsome Jack summed up right there.
I mean, the guy builds an entire city in his honour, but continues to let the vault hunters use the Hyperion-owned New-U stations, effectively making them immortals...

Blackout62

Dec 24, 2008
I always love the double take Axton does after Zero drops into the train. Just a great detail.