Unskippable: Borderlands

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
Loving the messed up dog road cross joke

Though I kinda feel cheated that we didn't get a Predator reference and instead went with Venus Flytraps.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
I was like, "what - they're doing the borderlands intro? They can't get any funny in there - it's awesome."

I stand corrected.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Uphill battle guys. Borderlands is one of the best intro's I've seen in a long time. Not that I didn't get a couple chuckles, but it's funnier when you make fun of the ones that are really bad.

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
Ghostwise said:
While funny it just doesn't work quite the same when a game kicks ass. HAHA. Time to see some big American Titties!
This mostly, there were some funny parts, but it's hard to parody parody.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
That was great, too bad it wasn't longer though, w/e. The first 2 minutes of gameplay would've been cool, I would've liked to have seen the robot.

Bediz

Apr 20, 2009
I'm having trouble with the audio. The game audio is almost a whisper, but Graham and Paul are deafening. Anyone else? Or are my crappy work computer's earbuds finally crapping out?

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
Fearzone said:
Uphill battle guys. Borderlands is one of the best intro's I've seen in a long time. Not that I didn't get a couple chuckles, but it's funnier when you make fun of the ones that are really bad.
I disagree, I think it's good that they parody a good intro every once in a while. But the one for Valkyrie Chronicles was the best so far I think.

Apr 28, 2008
Wow, that was actually pretty good, considering the cutscene was origionaly a joke of itself.

Borderlands is one of those rare games that takes the world by suprise.

Everyone must play it, its like Mad Max and Diablo and a comic book had a baby.
And I mean that in the best possable way.

Latinidiot said:
Mad Max is one of the films that goes to the category: want to see, no time.
Well make time, the Mad Max movies are not to be missed.

edit

Kalezian said:
that, and Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome

I fucking love you.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Awesome Game, Nice Vid and wonderful Mad Max reference.

Just a bit annoying knowing that this game rocks whilst having the intro made fun of, takes a bit of the fun away or am I the only one feeling that way?

sunpop

Oct 23, 2008
Can ripping on gta4 for the annoying cousin ever get old?

I can't see it happening

NicolasMarinus

Sep 21, 2009
Doing this game so soon after release? It has "part of 2k Games' marketing strategy" written all over it.

Never mind, it is still a good laugh.

Holossus

Aug 17, 2009
"It is time to see big American titties with Niko my cousin"

EPIC!!!

just replayed GTA IV again a few days ago.
I ´ve seen this scene about 15 times right now, and I can´t stop laughing my ass off.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I should know better than to eat anything while watching Unskippable. If I choke on my pizza, guys, I'm sending you the doctor's bill.

Seriously, I should have seen the "beeg American teetees" joke coming.

And what was up with the character intros? Mordecai gets the cool knife-tossing thing, Lilith struts and turns into Cortana, Brick flexes his neck biceps and slams his fist into his hand... and Roland just does a "don't take a picture of me" thing. WTF.

"But there ain't no rest for the wicked, 'til we close our eyes for good." Man I love that song.

APPCRASH

Mar 30, 2009
Fallout3 and Mad Max reference? You guys don't disappoint when it comes to post-apocalyptic media.