Unskippable: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Call of Duty: Ghosts

I don't quite think the Ghostbusters are equipped to deal with this one.

Watch Video

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
No! She was only three days from retirement!

I assume the female astronauts going to die right? There's no point having people wistfully wanting to get back home if they actually get back home.

And hey that's yet another thing CoD Ghosts shares with
Gravity

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I would think playing Call of Duty would get very confusing considering you keep character jumping.

Jan 12, 2012
BrotherRool said:

I assume the female astronauts going to die right? There's no point having people wistfully wanting to get back home if they actually get back home.
It's like showing someone a picture of the girl you promised to marry when you got back from the war; you're drawing a metaphysical bullseye on your forehead.

OT: Well obviously they had to go away from the house to tell their ghost stories. Kids these days would be using wifi to fact-check Dad's story, complaining about how "no such unit exists" and "people aren't made of grey wax".

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
I would think playing Call of Duty would get very confusing considering you keep character jumping.
That implies anyone's paying attention to the story. I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
canadamus_prime said:
That implies anyone's paying attention to the story. I'm pretty sure that's not the case.
No, that's assuming anyone's even playing the single player campaign. Which I'm guessing isn't many people.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
No, that's assuming anyone's even playing the single player campaign. Which I'm guessing isn't many people.
On Steam, last I checked Black Ops 2, more than half the players (closer to 2/3s) had got the achievement for the first story mission. The question isn't "do people play the story?" It's "how much do they play" and "do they pay attention?"

I decided to check for Ghosts, too. Right now, almost 3/4 have at least completed the first mission, with the first six story achievements having over a 50% user completion. From all appearances, the people playing the story aren't few at all.

Granted, this is the only platform I'm aware of where we can check overall user scores, but still.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
canadamus_prime said:
On Steam, last I checked Black Ops 2, more than half the players (closer to 2/3s) had got the achievement for the first story mission. The question isn't "do people play the story?" It's "how much do they play" and "do they pay attention?"

I decided to check for Ghosts, too. Right now, almost 3/4 have at least completed the first mission, with the first six story achievements having over a 50% user completion. From all appearances, the people playing the story aren't few at all.

Granted, this is the only platform I'm aware of where we can check overall user scores, but still.
Well colour me surprised. I figured people only played Call of Duty for the multiplayer.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
Well colour me surprised. I figured people only played Call of Duty for the multiplayer.
I was surprised myself, but it seems like a lot of people played Ghosts to completion. Granted, these numbers may fall with time....

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
canadamus_prime said:
I was surprised myself, but it seems like a lot of people played Ghosts to completion. Granted, these numbers may fall with time....
Who knew? But yes, I suspect those numbers will diminish.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
To be fair, wax soldiers are really cheap. It just shows how low the budget was that they could only afford 60 of them.

Why would you call your kill-sat ODIN anyway? Did they already have a THOR?

Given that you control where he goes, can you make him walk in front of that car?

VikingKing

Sep 5, 2012
It's a bad start when the video you're mocking is trying even harder to be completely silly.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
VikingKing said:
It's a bad start when the video you're mocking is trying even harder to be completely silly.
I want to see Platinum games make a cod game, you would be shooting at giant robot dinosaurs before anyone could mutter the word "terrorism".

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
I've been convicted by this game into thinking that the player characters have all been in horrible accidents after which their brains were placed into jars, given robot bodies and then people put gloves on the robots. In the past games your player character had a voice an opinions. In Ghosts all you do is follow orders and interface with other electronics. You've received no special training, you're just equipped with super advanced WiFi.

The whole game makes so much more sense if you go through the campaign with that in mind. It also explains why you can't see your reflection in mirrors. It isn't that you don't have a reflection, but your mind would not be able to cope with the image it sees and your character would go insane.

VikingKing

Sep 5, 2012
Worgen said:
I want to see Platinum games make a cod game, you would be shooting at giant robot dinosaurs before anyone could mutter the word "terrorism".
I want at least one section where we play the midget drill instructor and have crotch shots replace head shots as the method to instantly kill enemies.

It could also be the forced stealth section because you already happen to be low enough to hide behind most chest high walls.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
That vacuum joke was the first time I've laughed at Unskippable in a good while. Well done.

Martin Drkos

Mar 7, 2012
Thunderous Cacophony said:
BrotherRool said:

It's like showing someone a picture of the girl you promised to marry when you got back from the war; you're drawing a metaphysical bullseye on your forehead.

OT: Well obviously they had to go away from the house to tell their ghost stories. Kids these days would be using wifi to fact-check Dad's story, complaining about how "no such unit exists" and "people aren't made of grey wax".
Kids these days have 3G.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
When I played CoDMW2 I didn't realise I was jumping.
Lets just say some scenes confused me until I got it.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
canadamus_prime said:

I used to enojy the Call of Duty campaigns. Then MW2 happened. I still enjoyed it, but the more I thought about it the less I liked it. Same with every CoD up to Black Ops 2. That was the one that made me give up on CoD for good.

Though I did like being able to customise your loadout in the BO2 campaign. Select-fire FAL and a Browning Hi-Power? It's practically an L1A1 SLR and a L9A1. We British Army now.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Aw, don't apologize for that "vacuum" joke, that was gold! Sincere silliness is so rare these days.

The only thing I can say was wrong was that one of you didn't say, after that guy asks "What's going on here?!" during the ODIN attack, "Don't ask me! I'm the Player Character in a modern Call of Duty game! I can't talk!"

Wait, why name a satellite weapon after Odin? How about Zeus? Was Zeus taken?

And note to Zachary and canadimus_prime: I read your above debate in Graham and Paul's voices, and it was hilarious.