Unskippable: Crysis 2 Part 2

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
MaximillionMiles said:
When I saw the "Press A to play" I wondered if, when you pressed it, the player suddenly started controlling Probert. That could be interesting, but would most probably become hilariously pathetic as Probert changes from a badass pro to a circle-strafing cheap wall hugger.

Why is it so hard to establish a character as a badass while the player is controlling said character?
If that's your impression after crysis 2, then you played it wrong.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
You know a game has a terrible cutscene to gameplay ratio when it requires more than one episode of Unskippable.
Once the (very long) intro is done, the cutscenes turn into loading screens that can be skipped halfway through. The cutscenes are only about 3-4 minutes in length. You spend the majority of the campaign (took 8 hours on normal) playing.
I wanted them to skip ahead to one of the defibrillator cutscenes. The idea that the suit has to ask the dying user to activate a lifesaving device seems odd.
Dilbert
Probert
Q-bert
I see a trend.
Hilarious episode, helped because I'd seen that intro repeatedly. And Other Guy does speak at the end. Must have been one HELL of a hangover.

SensibleCrout

Feb 23, 2010
Great episode, thank you!

"A gun. Excellent! This will be super useful for any shooting-related puzzles I'll have to do in the future."
X-D

JehuBot

Jun 1, 2011
"Everybody dead? Okay good. If you're not dead, raise your hand so I can shoot it."

For some reason , I find that line kinda sounds badass for a cheesy one liner. ^^

and now , a moment of silence for probert. T_T

emusega

Jan 17, 2011
The first part was kinda meh from time to time but I thorougly enjoyed this one through and through ^^

Aiberg

Oct 2, 2009
Heeeeey! Cevat Yerli or Ilrey Tavec read backwards is pronounced something like J-Watt-Yer-Lee. I know because I'm Turkish, too.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Hah, nicely done. I really liked "Welcome to the future." "Great! Where's my flying car?" (personally, I'd prefer a jet pack, maybe even a hoverboard like in Back to the Future), and "Remember one thing..." "My shiny butt."

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
So the badass Probert decides to kill himself and hand his awesome nanosuit over to the drunk guy who can barely stay conscious for five seconds and just looked on (when awake) while his whole squad died around him? Yeah, that sounds like a good plan. Granted, it looks like drunky needs the nanosuit assistance...

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
Now he's like a shark, you can only pet him in one direction.

Ha. Let's hope the guy from Crysis doesn't like to cuddle.

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
Hilarius as always! Kind of strange that he would give he's suit to a random person like that xP

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Man, I hate it when I go on a drinking binge and wake up in a stolen piece of military hardware. It ruins my day every time.

Loved the "fish in a helicopter" thing. Something on the page caused my browser to hang. Don't know if it was the advert or what.

Havok-Man

May 6, 2009
so the secret of aquireing top of the line advanced milatary hardware that no-one except a select few knows about, is by drinking heavily?

Ill be back in a few hours, I want me a Nanosuit Mark 2 and CELL have another thing coming if they think Im going to give it back!

anyway back on topic , Great episode guys, unskippible always makes my day, keep up the great work!

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
I like how he's contaminated with some kind of icky flesh melting disease (at least that's what it looks like) and he stuffs you in his suit after he takes it off, without washing it.