Unskippable: Damnation

daedrick

Jul 23, 2008
ROFL... Seriusly, this one was REALLY funny. I never saw such a bad costum design for a female character ever. This is sooOOoooOOo00OOo ridiculus. OMG, what the hell developers think? Ridiculus.

DrEmo

May 4, 2009
Woah that game looks like GARBAGE.
Nice job making fun of it, guys.

The blood effects look like crap, too. I could have done better with MS paint and an hour's work.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
This game looks the the end result of what would happen if someone went crazy with a time machine. Or maybe a time machine exploded and shredded reality. Now all they'd need is some guys riding around on dinosaurs to complete the illusion of time travel gone wrong.
Anyway another Unskippable masterpiece.

Tesahli

Oct 24, 2007
Xandus117 said:
Symplify said:
Clashero said:
Symplify said:
That was the dumbest game I have ever seen. I mean, really, they tried to go all futuristic, while trying to seem rustic and old at the same time. So dumb.

Zombie General Mecha Grant. Lulz.
It's called "Steampunk". Bioshock was steampunk. Would you call that game or its art style dumb?
They (damnation) did some Steampunk elements excellently well while catastrophically failing at others. The attires are great, as are some of the machines. Jet-powered motorcycles are a no-no.

Sadly, while the setting was good (at times), the voice acting was awful and the gameplay was dull, dull, dull.
I've never played Bioshock, but, yes, I would say the genre is dumb.
Please, don't talk if you haven't played Bioshock. Steampunk is an awesome genre what what I have experienced.
Bioshock isn't steampunk, it's Biopunk.

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
Symplify said:
Clashero said:
Symplify said:
Clashero said:
Symplify said:
That was the dumbest game I have ever seen. I mean, really, they tried to go all futuristic, while trying to seem rustic and old at the same time. So dumb.

Zombie General Mecha Grant. Lulz.
It's called "Steampunk". Bioshock was steampunk. Would you call that game or its art style dumb?
They (damnation) did some Steampunk elements excellently well while catastrophically failing at others. The attires are great, as are some of the machines. Jet-powered motorcycles are a no-no.

Sadly, while the setting was good (at times), the voice acting was awful and the gameplay was dull, dull, dull.
I've never played Bioshock, but, yes, I would say the genre is dumb.
Really? Why, precisely?
(Not trolling or anything. I'm genuinely curious because I personally love Steampunk. What better than steam-powered machines, Victorian dresses (or, as TvTropes would call it "Gorgeous Period Dress", British accents and everything made out of brass, copper and wood?
Well, that's really the whole reason. The concept just seems dumb to me. It didn't happen because it was not viable. I don't really go for the genre of games where things are based on a ridiculous or unrealistic pretense, but I'm not saying that they shouldn't exist. I just wouldn't play them.

I couldn't pin one thing down and say that was why this whole style seems ridiculous to me, it's sort of a collection of things.

HobbesMkii said:
Also, I feel bad saying this, but I've recently had a lot of trouble differentiating some of the voice overs in these cut scenes from the humorous comments. Sometimes the voice over sounds like... uh... Graham? Paul? Whoever talks first in this video. This causes a lot of problems, because often I'll laugh at what I think is a brilliant piece of ad-lib, but in fact turns out to be an actual line from the game. I don't know if that means you guys are doing a great job, or one of you could do voice-over work for videogames, or that you've done a great job selecting terrible games. Probably a combo of all three.
I've had that issue too, and I'm inclined to believe it's a collection of all three.
Ah, I see what you mean. Well, everyone's got their own opinions.
I will say this, though: if you don't play games based on something ridiculous or unrealistic, then what DO you play? Thinking like that, you'll be missing out on classics such as Monkey Island, The Longest Journey, Silent Hill, Half-Life, Okami, Prince of Persia. Hell, even The Sims is pretty ridiculous when you think about it (I'm naming examples from a shitload of genres, since I don't know what you play)

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
"G'day. G'day. G'day. G'day."

That and Ninja Lincoln were the best, followed slightly by the underboob jokes.

Hulyen

Apr 20, 2009
Yeah...when I first heard about Damnation I was excited because I loooove steampunk. As the game grew closer to launch I realized that nobody on the Damnation team seemed to have any idea of what steampunk is. Made me sad. :(

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
They are wrong. Lincoln was not a ninja, he was a sorcerer, the greatest sorcerer.