Unskippable: Dark Souls

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Dark Souls

We were mislead, the souls are wholly visible. They aren't even DIM souls. Fail.

Watch Video

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I think you need to watch your mic volume guys, there were parts of that where I could barely hear you, but the cutscene's audio came in loud and clear.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Random Wanderer said:
This game's cutscene confused me. I have no idea what the game is supposed to be about.
I don't think anyone knows what this game is about. It's like Mario. Sure there's a loose plot where you do something or other, but that's not why you play it. You play it because, deep down, you hate yourself...

Also, I would love to see Mr. Skeleton-shirt's wardrobe...

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
The Gentleman said:
Random Wanderer said:
This game's cutscene confused me. I have no idea what the game is supposed to be about.
I don't think anyone knows what this game is about. It's like Mario. Sure there's a loose plot where you do something or other, but that's not why you play it. You play it because, deep down, you hate yourself...

Also, I would love to see Mr. Skeleton-shirt's wardrobe...
The old Mario games are about getting laid (with the exception of one being a dream), Super Mario 64 is about getting cake (euphemism?), Mario Galaxy is about getting star cake (threesome?) and the RPG Mario games are slight parodies of other games and stories.

OT: I loved the part with the band names. Great stuff.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Very Nito indeed... I'm guessing he gathered the corpses of the other dead to him over time to create that appearance we saw him in.

zenoaugustus

Feb 5, 2009
That cutscene really does suck. I have no idea what the purpose of the game is, other than being depressed.

Sabrestar

Apr 13, 2010
Overly Dramatic Scenery-Chewing Voiceover fail.

And my first thought was no, it's not the They from Them, it's the They from They Live.

Or something like that.

anian

Sep 10, 2008
...hmm, I guess Nito might be the lord from which humanity came to be, as in it's not that Nito is made out of human body parts but the other way around. Farfetched but still has more than what the intro offered.

But even though there's all this lore, the intro didn't really say how humans came to be, might be a budget constraint. I mean, lords killed all but one dragon and then *puff* humans see the end of fire with big cities and zombies.

Oh, and at least it's not dragon farts...just think of all the sulphur.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Am I rooting for the dragons or the dead guys and witches and stuff?

And I'm a bit disappointed there was no 'And that was the nth time I died' joke.

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
ForgottenPr0digy said:
wait how can Nito be the first undead if he's made of bunch other dead people??
While he WAS the first dead, during whatever killed him, he found a way to take a ton of people with him. Cuz that's how Nito rolled.

This is what I choose to believe.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
I wonder what kinds of shouts you can unlock with farts
Beat it with belching!

OT: Seems like there's lots of band names to be drawn from fantasy-style character names/titles. Imagine all the cover bands that will pop up with Skyrim-inspired names now!

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
The Gentleman said:
Random Wanderer said:
I don't think anyone knows what this game is about. It's like Mario.
The Princess has been kidnapped by Bowser! Are you bad enough Plumbers to rescue her?

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
i just finished my first run of this game and i could not follow the story at all. i couldnt follow the demon's souls story either but that was okay because demon's souls didnt really have one. with this game there was obviously supposed to be a story but i couldnt follow it. lucky plot isnt the reason these games are awesome

i64ever

Aug 26, 2008
So there are absolutely no dragons to fight, because those gross guys killed them all? Great! This game would have been absurdly difficult with dragons in it.

Turbo_ski

Dec 23, 2009
i64ever said:
So there are absolutely no dragons to fight, because those gross guys killed them all? Great! This game would have been absurdly difficult with dragons in it.
There's actually 6 dragons total in the game, 2 undead dragons, gaping dragon, red dragon, Seath the Scaleless, and the Everlasting Dragon. Technically 7 if you include Priscilla the Crossbreed.