Unskippable: Dark

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Eric Bane. Dark. Dammit, there's a Dark Knight Rises joke in there somewhere, I just know it!

The Random One

May 29, 2008
If you wanted to know what's worse than Twilight's abstinence vampires, there you have it: exposition vampires.

Rangerboy87

Jul 1, 2011
So wait...you do a video for a game called Dark and not one Mike Patton joke...you guys must be slipping

Random Wanderer

Apr 15, 2009
That was... pretty bad. I do not know who writes this crap, but the game would have to be pretty epic to be worth sitting through it.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Ah, poking fun at shaky mythology is just too easy. And I still have no idea what's happening. First she says she's a vampire, then she says she has no idea of what it's like to become a vampire. I mean, make up your bloody mind! (Pun intended.)

Random Wanderer said:
That was... pretty bad. I do not know who writes this crap, but the game would have to be pretty epic to be worth sitting through it.
I think including this as an unskippable cutscene prevents it from ever being epic.

Jessta

Feb 8, 2011
"You don't want to know what happens and I don't even KNOW what happens but here's exactly what happens." best quote ever.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Random Wanderer said:
Well, Yahtzee suffered through it. You decide if he'd think Dark is epic.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/7823-Dark

GodzillaGuy92

Jul 10, 2012
An epiphany: Thanks squarely to the lifeless open-mouth-close-mouth-rinse-repeat lip syncing in this game, I have realized that criticizing character animation is every bit as justified as criticizing their voice acting (character animation just being another component of a performance, after all).

Congratulations, Dark; you've contributed to a world in which David Cage's inane obsession with polygons contains some small measure of validity after all.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
*As a monologue* "My name's Eric Bane. Time to find out who I am." Is it just me, or does this sound super pretentious?

Jburton9

Aug 21, 2012
Awesome job guys thank you! This is now my favorite Unskippable episode : ) So much material to make fun of lol.

Wow I knew and heard that the game Dark was bad but sheesh I had no idea it was this rough. I was well kinda, sorta hoping it would be a more action based Vampire Bloodlines but I guess I will have to wait for a hopefully better game or a long awaited sequel.

DanHibiki

Aug 5, 2009
I'd like to think that Bane's voice actor recorded all the dialogue in the game with one endless and emotionless monotone take.