Unskippable: Dead Island Riptide

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Dead Island Riptide

This week we catch up with the few people that just can't get away from the zombie outbreak no matter where they go.

Watch Video

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Yeah the military is never ever successful in containing the infection in a zombie apocalypse.

Jan 12, 2012
That would actually make a great management game. You have to keep the boat fueled, supplied, and in good repair (and supply the passengers with distractions like books and movies to keep them mentally healthy) as you make your way towards a safe haven. However, the military guys keep getting orders that mean you have to take detours to acquire samples from population Y or rescue person X. In the regular missions (which plays like regular Dead Island) you can rescue other people, but be careful; they might be mentally unstable, or decide they want to take over the boat for themselves.

If you'll excuse me, I need to go win the lottery and have a word with Techland. Graham and Paul can have producer credits.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Zachary Amaranth said:
Oh Paul, I would be your bodyguard.

Also, can zombies have a NATURAL enemy?
Given that they're made of dead, rotting flesh, I'd say that flies are their natural enemy. Possibly fish when in the water.

I think your bodyguard will resent you no matter what you do, it's just part of life.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Zombie apocalypse survivor Operation?...
Someone make an indie game of that right NOW for PSN/XBLA! Or at least make a flash game of it...

JackBauer47

Oct 21, 2009
The military is successful in Shaun of the Dead. But I believe that was meant as a subversion of the fact that they never are.

wolfskin

Sep 10, 2008
Is anyone else having problems with the video cutting out? It's happened on a few other videos on this site before.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Wow, even the pre-rendered cutscene had tons of screen-tearing.

Also, in Shaun of The Dead, the military actually contained the infection successfully and within the first few days.

shiajun

Jun 12, 2008
Seriously, that was the plot of the original Dead Island? Good thing I skipped that one.

NM47

Feb 27, 2012
The military actually did a surprisingly good job at containing the zombies in Dead Rising 1 and 2. They successfully locked down Willamette, razed Las Vegas to the ground and managed to keep the zombies from ever spreading. Heck, the only reason there was even an outbreak in the second game was because some idiots kept the zombies around for sport!

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
JackBauer47 said:
The military is successful in Shaun of the Dead. But I believe that was meant as a subversion of the fact that they never are.
Still the number of times the military has successfully contained a zombie outbreak can be counted on one hand with a few fingers missing.

BTW, I like your avatar.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
kailus13 said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Oh Paul, I would be your bodyguard.

Also, can zombies have a NATURAL enemy?
Given that they're made of dead, rotting flesh, I'd say that flies are their natural enemy. Possibly fish when in the water.

I think your bodyguard will resent you no matter what you do, it's just part of life.
So if I protect LRR I will hate them? Damn it!

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
The protagonist is called Purna? Was she ever married to a burger server named Werner, who spurned her for a curly-haired surfer named Roberta?