Unskippable: Dead Island

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Dead Island

At what point will zombies cease to be a surprise?

Watch Video

217not237

Nov 9, 2011
Alright, FarCry 2 used to have this spot, but I think Dead Island may now have the most plausible first-person blackout scene! Congrats to everyone who made passing out drunk possible!

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
ForgottenPr0digy said:
I love Sam B's rap

Logan guy had to play for Canadian League after he killed that girl and broke his leg in 6 places.
Indeed, I like his rap. And I don't like rap, but this one, is good.

OT: Do you wake drunk in the bed if you pick either of the women as well?

I've only started the game as Sam B. Never finished it, kept bugging out on me.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
"I'm Alan, y'wanker, yer Aussie Git Support Character. Now get out there and get yer arse moving, ya bloody bunghole!"

Sabrestar

Apr 13, 2010
ForgottenPr0digy said:
I love Sam B's rap

Logan guy had to play for Canadian League after he killed that girl and broke his leg in 6 places.
Just semi-pro. CFL wouldn't stoop that low.

OT: Okay, maybe it's because I've never played it (or been passed-out drunk for that matter), but none of that makes any sense. Who was the first-person character in the opening cutscene? How did the football player suddenly go from the balcony to the elevator? (Or did they just cut some uninteresting gameplay that I wasn't aware of?) And if the elevator is falling out of control, he probably wouldn't be sprawled out on the floor of the elevator. I would assume that inertia would push him upward, unless it wasn't falling as fast as it appeared.

Between this and ZP, no wonder I'm getting such a jaded view of videogames.

mustango

Jul 6, 2009
You know, I've never used a room key card reader when drunk, for all I know they're designed so that being drunk actually makes them easier to use.

CrimsonDeath

Dec 28, 2010
Graham_LRR said:
Dead Island

At what point will zombies cease to be a surprise?

Watch Video
Probably around the same time that a mysterious stranger who watches over security cameras and dispenses advice over radio or PA ends up being selfless, forthright, and helpful throughout an entire game.

T_ConX

Mar 8, 2010
Logan Carter said:
Ended up playing semi-pro in fucking Canada.
Don't you dare talk shit aboot Canada! If I ever buy this game, the first thing I'm doing is selecting your Kid-killing ass and feeding you to the first fucking zombie I see!

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
The reason that everything breaks down the day after zombies appear is because zombies have a natural ability to redirect the entropy that should break down their bodies into inanimate objects. They don't even know they're doing it. It just happens.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I would have liked you to go through the rest of the characters, good opportunity for jokes.
vxicepickxv said:
The reason that everything breaks down the day after zombies appear is because zombies have a natural ability to redirect the entropy that should break down their bodies into inanimate objects. They don't even know they're doing it. It just happens.
That's a good theory, actually. Someone should implement it.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
T_ConX said:
Logan Carter said:
Ended up playing semi-pro in fucking Canada.
Don't you dare talk shit about Canada. If I ever buy this game, the first thing I'm doing is selecting your Kid-killing ass and feeding you to the first fucking zombie I see!
Same here mate, same here. HEY ZOMBIES, I SHOT THIS GUY IN THE LEG FOR YOU. HAVE FUN!

OT: Do you ever figure out who the first person you are is? And why is he such an alcoholic? Sorry, zombies. All questions now unimportant.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
I still contend that the whole game is the alcohol/drug induced dream of the person in the intro, and they just think they are one of those four people he saw during that drunk stupor. The real ending is the guy waking up over a dead hooker and getting hauled off to jail :3