Unskippable: Deception IV - Deceive Me Once, Shame On You, Deceive Me Four Times...

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Deception IV - Deceive Me Once, Shame On You, Deceive Me Four Times...

No one expects a surprise pendulum!

Watch Video

Jan 12, 2012
Those poor schmucks. They should have realised they were being set up when they were sent out without faces, let alone backup or heavy weaponry. I doubt they would have won even if they only had to face a single witchette.

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
ARGH, anime games just look so cheap and nasty to me. It's unfair and probably irrational but - blech.

varmintx

Oct 6, 2011
VondeVon said:
ARGH, anime games just look so cheap and nasty to me. It's unfair and probably irrational but - blech.
Depends on the game. [http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/01/15/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch-video-review]

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
To be fair I played Trapt AKA Deception III after watching the Unskippable ep last year and it was fun, kinda.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Wow, and I thought Jim was exaggerating about the massive breasts those characters had. Good lord that one screenshot alone, they'd have to be demons to stand up under those monsters.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Boobies. That makes me wonder: When will you be doing the first outright hentai game? We all know it's coming.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Wait, Deception IV? And it involves a hot chick using traps to kill various people when they come to her evil castle? Is this a third sequel to Kagero under a different name?

EDIT: Upon a brief Googling, yes it is. And Trapt was the third game. Wow, how many other 4< game franchises have had name changes for every single game like that?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
You guys always bring your A-game with these anime games. You didn't even have to point out one of them looked like a dude.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Skeleon said:
Boobies. That makes me wonder: When will you be doing the first outright hentai game? We all know it's coming.
I'd love to see the Loading Ready Run crew do a let's play of Saya no Uta.

Mirrorknight

Jul 23, 2009
Yeah. Kinda sad. The game hit its peak with Kagero: Deception II, and has gone downhill (Deception III), off a cliff(Trapt...yes, that's how they spelled it...with a reversed r, no less) and into a bed of spikes since.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Oh man the series has gone in an... odd... direction from the original tecmos deception on PS1. I remember that game being a lot of fun back in the day, but this looks, awful.

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
varmintx said:
VondeVon said:
Depends on the game. [http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/01/15/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch-video-review]
Hmmm, I would make an exception for a game where most cutscenes are in 3D. Maybe my issue isn't with anime then, but 2d cutscenes and 'character interactions'.