Unskippable: Devil May Cry

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Wow that was really not funny in the slightest, it's like having my little brother just natter dumb comments into my ear. I've never watched Unskippable before but I will be sure to not watch it again

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
Never played "DMC" before. Why in the name of Christopher Walken would he trust a chick who introduces herself by trying to kill him, then asks for his help? X-(

Jaranu

Jul 15, 2009
DaxStrife said:
Never played "DMC" before. Why in the name of Christopher Walken would he trust a chick who introduces herself by trying to kill him, then asks for his help? X-(
Why would Dante help her?

He's doing what every guy on the planet is doing.

He's trying to get laid.

Good one guys, I can't wait for METAL GEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR.

Also, I laughed like crazy at the "moon" joke.

Awesome callback.

Aac18

Mar 21, 2009
There were so many good lines in this one. And its about time the moon started its evil assault on humanity.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Why does every game show you as a badass in the cutscene, but soon as gameplay starts you are suddenly just a weak beginner? "Hup, Hup..dammit Trish. This is gonna be a long day." *snicker*

Generator

May 8, 2009
TheEnglishman said:
Do they mean that since the most recent game of Metal Gear had opening cut scenes of about 21 minutes (I think that's what Yahtzee said) they'll do it over all of August.
I'm hoping they mean they'll do the opening cutscene to all four games week after week, but I'm not sure; you may be right. Either way, I can't wait to show all of the August Unskippables to my friends.

Great episode, by the way, guys.

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
Excellent!

Why do all this shit for relatively new games when there are older games with stodgy dialogue that just cry out for mockery.

Really looking forward to Metal Gear Solid August.

btw, awesome that the Moon references finally reach their brilliant conclusion.

Bravo!

Gabes

May 8, 2008
mspencer82 said:
I've never noticed it before, but nobody just opens a door in a Devil May Cry game, they always kick it in or blow it open. They're keeping repairmen in business.
Well not to be a spoil sport but the military always blows open and kicks down doors to make certain no one hides behind them as they open. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for games.

Elemental

Apr 4, 2009
"okay you go up so you can land me a rope so i can get up... Goddamnit..."
and the last bit with the jumping cracked me up

awesome episode

Sanaj

Mar 20, 2009
The jumping bit at the end fit perfectly.

The game intro of DMC has to be the biggest compilation of stereotypes in terms of story and characters ever done.

This is one of the best episodes since the Dirge of Cerberus, The Darkness and Onimusha 3 ones.